Sign in to follow this  

This is how ERS should work like in real life

5 hours ago, HDR10 said:

The following video has some conflicting information on how often drivers change ERS mode during a race. Strategy director from Mercedes says that Hamilton and Bottas were messing with the energy management on every corner when they were battling for position at Silverstone.

It’s likely they were both just using overtake at various time, and resetting. Usually drivers don’t change these settings corner by corner. They do change their diff settings a lot though.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@Punitionthe graph you've done doesn't represent the way ERS is truly used. Lando Norris has stated that CM got the ERS system wrong. The it's done is to cater to gamer's not sim-racers. @amphobiusgave prime example of how wrong the ERS system in F1 2019 is wrong. We all know that's this is CM true first stab at simulation, but if they're going to do it it must be done right. No shortcuts period. And have the ERS system in it's current state is a shortcut. The aerodynamic model needs to be worked on as well. I've been watching video of some races and some have stated not using any down-force 1-1 and the car still gripping turns at high speed as if the DF is set to 5-5.   

Edited by Striker_703

Another problem I see from watching League races. Everybody is using overtake down the main straight and then run nothing for the rest of the lap. Basically low, medium, high and hot lap aren't putting used. 

• Agree 1

I was under the impression that irl the driver doesn't have control of the ers in the race. I've read that's it's mapped out to suit the car to optimise lap time and provide power in the correct places. They only have the ability to adjust in qualy. 

Am I wrong ? If so why is it even in the game ? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

You're correct @inspiretheworld. A true representation of the ERS system is not in F1 2018 nor 2019. Drivers only change the setting when attacking 'making a pass' or defending 'from over take in DRS zone or else where' iRacing and Assetto Corsa has the ERS system down, but look at the demographic of Assetto Corsa and iRacing. Their all sim-racers. Laying out the facts. 

• Agree 1

Then they need to sort it out for the next f1 title. It baffles me that people argue the toss in regards to the details of the cars yet they have stuff that doesn't even exist irl. 

• Agree 4

I've always thought it is crazy watching players mess with the ers constantly when irl it's all mapped by the team. I would just set it to auto and be done with it.

• Agree 1