Sign in to follow this  

X Files! Cockpit vs TV Pod :D

Same circuit, same driver, same session, results speaks for them selfs ( DISGUSTING, dont deserve to be in the stands spectating, let alone on the same circuit racing ), only difference was car ( still top team cars ), however still doesnt justify the time difference when you consider the tyres used,

Cockpit 1:31 Tyres Soft
TV Pod 1:28 Tyres Hard ( Lap Delta +1.355 SEC 🤢 ) Personal preference, REALLY :classic_rolleyes:

For all those that say thier is no difference in laptimes, its just personal preference SUUURE IT IS :classic_rolleyes:

X Files the truth is out thier, your just to scared to look, and am not doing your homework.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

And thier was me thinking this forum liked fair competition 🤣

Somebody that is good at using s telemetry app should give it a go and check the data traces to see where the speed is coming from.  Not saying it is, since I didn’t witness any of your laps but, could some of your time gain be down to more precise inputs due to you being able to see around you better. I.e braking a touch later or turning in at a slightly more optimal time to take a better line through the corner because you’ve got a better view of what’s going on around you.  I’m a cockpit driver and always felt I was a touch faster on TV cam but I always attributed to being able to see the track better and be able to better place my car being able to see the lines in the road and outsides of the tires better etc.  I also felt, once I got used to cockpit been using this exclusively for the last 6 months, that the rear of the car felt more planted in cockpit cam and I felt like I could maybe throw the car around more.  Again it would be nice to look at data traces.  Maybe somebody could volunteer some time to look into it? Again not fully disagreeing just saying there could be more than one factor at play that is contributing to TV pod being faster than it just being programmed that way.  Another interesting note, I’ve started using Far Chase cam to help diagnose setup problems because it gives you a better view of how the car is moving and have noticed I’ve found some better lines through certain corners by accident because I had a better view of how the car was moving around the track.  This may be similar to what you’re experiencing moving between cockpit and TV pod cam.

Sorry I should of put, not my lap times I seen them on YouTube,

You make some very valid points,

On the odd occasion ive tried TV Pod, it just seems theirs a ton more grip also better traction, imagery or not its, those laps times says it all, and views need to be on the assist list.

Fair competition anyone ?

Even if things aren't performance related, they still give a advantage to some degree, above time of nearly 5 seconds prove that, some would say the person wasnt use to cockpit still doesnt justify the time, posted before adding the extra 1.355 cause it was set on herd's,

Am not use to TV Pod, and managed to improve my time by 1.5 which both runs was on the same tyre, am sure I could of got abit more but only done a few laps.

@RedDevilKT Please Help.

We are racing in a league with cockpit cam drivers, t-cam drivers, full assist user, medium assist user, no assist users (not in your opinion) all together. We have a lot of fun and are still competitive against each other. I don't get it what's the reason here. If you think online is dead because of you a.m. curious reasons than make your own league. But as a game for all kind of players you are the minority and i don't think Codemasters will change anything about it.

I agree an option to force assists off, cockpit view and what ever would be the best, but then it could be very lonely in your online lobby.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

What do you suggest? Slow down T-cam drivers?

A option to force cockpit in MP

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, BluntRS said:

Same circuit, same driver, same session, results speaks for them selfs ( DISGUSTING, dont deserve to be in the stands spectating, let alone on the same circuit racing ), only difference was car ( still top team cars ), however still doesnt justify the time difference when you consider the tyres used,

TV Pod 1:28 Tyres Hard ( Lap Delta +1.355 SEC 🤢 ) Personal preference, REALLY :classic_rolleyes:

For all those that say thier is no difference in laptimes, its just personal preference SUUURE IT IS :classic_rolleyes:

X Files the truth is out thier, your just to scared to look, and am not doing your homework.

"No Assists. (Runs TV Pod) lol"

It's fine if people run it, or chase cam or automatic or brake line, or whatever. There needs to be a sim option for lobbies, pure and simple. 

Vision is everything in a race car. If F1 drivers could sit On Top of the Car with no adverse effects, they would. But, they can't. The irony is people admittedly run TV Pod because they CAN see better. There is really no argument that it gives a massive advantage.  Put it in the assists and be done with it. 

I doubt it gives you more grip or anything physical, but increased vision is everything. 

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

We are racing in a league with cockpit cam drivers, t-cam drivers, full assist user, medium assist user, no assist users (not in your opinion) all together. We have a lot of fun and are still competitive against each other. I don't get it what's the reason here. If you think online is dead because of you a.m. curious reasons than make your own league. But as a game for all kind of players you are the minority and i don't think Codemasters will change anything about it.

I agree an option to force assists off, cockpit view and what ever would be the best, but then it could be very lonely in your online lobby.

Project Cars for a example, cockpit only lobbys yes very quite, over time however more started to join and ended up with 11 regulars, it can be a great way to meet new players, but they dont race on F1,

Minority yes but doesnt mean Codemasters should discriminate, reality is just a option to force cockpit is gonna make zero difference to anyone, doesnt stop them racing how they wish, no cockpit option however does stop the minority racing how I wish.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

"No Assists. (Runs TV Pod) lol"

It's fine if people run it, or chase can or automatic or brake line, or whatever. There needs to be a sim option for lobbies, pure and simple. 

Vision is everything in a race car. If F1 drivers could sit On Top of the Car with no adverse effects, they would. But, they can't. The irony is people admittedly run TV Pod because they CAN see better. There is really no argument that it gives a massive advantage.  Put it in the assists and be done with it. 

EXCALTY, Have a beer 🍻

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Project Cars for a example, cockpit only lobbys yes very quite, over time however more started to join and ended up with 11 regulars, it can be a great way to meet new players, but they dont race on F1,

Minority yes but doesnt mean Codemasters should discriminate, reality is just a option to force cockpit is gonna make zero difference to anyone, doesnt stop them racing how they wish, no cockpit option however does stop the minority racing how I wish.

Yep. A lot of people that don't look twice at lobbies now would certainly start joining them. 

• Like 1

T cam, if that’s the one that looks down on the driver like f1 on board replays, actually is fairly close to one’s perspective to the road and car when driving an actual car, we don’t sit that low, generally.  That’s why it’s easy, it’s intuitive. 

I am new to the game and devote one practice session to cockpit view to get better at mostly because I like seeing the full steering wheel. 

Do people view the ability to quickly see cars behind you an assist in these demands for no assists?

On 7/13/2019 at 7:21 AM, BluntRS said:

Which track & car?

Absolute nonsense this post. A net 5 second difference can only come from a terrible driver or someone who's 'fixing' their performance to try and prove a point.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Which track & car?

Absolute nonsense this post. A net 5 second difference can only come from a terrible driver or someone who's 'fixing' their performance to try and prove a point.

Translation, am a TV Pod user and dont EVER try to take my toys away 😂 Sorry

Absolute nonsense, then dont bother replying.

X Files! The truth is out thier, YOUR just to scared to look.

30 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Translation, am a TV Pod user and dont EVER try to take my toys away 😂 Sorry

Absolute nonsense, then dont bother replying.

X Files! The truth is out thier, YOUR just to scared to look.

Sure thing buddy, whatever makes you feel superior in your sad little life.

7 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Sure thing buddy, whatever makes you feel superior in your sad little life.

Not sure what mean, but I didn't post the lap times above, I just reported the news / facts,

Your the one who seemed upset but the findings, claiming them to be false, why, cause you dont want to loose your advantage, facts are facts, you cant beep with that,

Sad little life, well I dont claim no assits bragging of AI 100+% ( turn off all assistance, race with respect, majority would struggle to be 50%, its easy divebombing, ramming your way through the grid against the AI with no damage or limited damage ), regular top 10 cause I feel I need to impress, so, WHATEVER.

I know I shouldn’t do this bit I just can’t help myself:

Cockpit cam(modified lower and closer for realism)

No HUD or proximity arrows

Virtual dash

104 average AI

No assists (because I am MASTER)

You were saying?

Posted (edited)

Talk is cheap, post a video of a race oh Master. 104%

What you saying ?

Edited by BluntRS

2 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Talk is cheap, 

What you saying ?

What I’m saying is that you’re so overconfident that you started trashtalking someone about their skill level without even thinking for a second they might actually be better at the game than you are. Not your smartest move.

Christ it's like Hamilton vs alonso all over again in here both of u battle it out on the track would make for a good trade off 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

What I’m saying is that you’re so overconfident that you started trashtalking someone about their skill level without even thinking for a second they might actually be better at the game than you are. Not your smartest move.

What i'm saying is post a video,

Not my smartest move ? enlighten me.

8 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

Christ it's like Hamilton vs alonso all over again in here both of u battle it out on the track would make for a good trade off 

Can I be Alonso?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

Can I be Alonso?

Can you post a video ?

Just now, BluntRS said:

Can you post a video ?

Yes I can, but no I won’t. It’s more than enough for me to know that, everytime I see you belittle someone or insinuate to your own greatness out here, you’re not as good as you think you are.

And now I’m done with ya.

• Haha 1