Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Error code "NM14" when joining Weekly Event race. [R2]

On 2/10/2020 at 8:48 AM, BarryBL said:

Hi @BenDoverCommy,

I've merged topic as they are on the same issue. We recommend using the top right hand side toolbar in the forums to save re-posting the same issues

And again.

I don't know what's sadder, the inability or lack of interest in fixing this or the fact that I keep trying....

On 3/29/2020 at 10:07 PM, rogere said:

Has any solution been found to this? It's plagued me this weekend trying to complete the weekly event.

No connectivity issues and I've verified the integrity of the local files.

I've also tried a clean reboot after every failed attempt to connect.

Same as others, the matchmaking process starts and then it ties to connect and immediately you get the NM14 error code. I then have to terminate the program manually.

Not sure if it helps but I tried and failed to connect at:

4pm

5pm

10pm

All times BST.

So, here we are again. NM14.

14:00 BST

This time with a brand new PC, i7-9700, Win 10 Pro, NVIDIA RTX2060 with all files checked and verified as per instructions.

Do we have any ideas here?

Posted (edited)

I had this also today

I will try again at evening

hope I can join in race

Edited by massa88

I'm still new to this game, but already experienced this error message as well today. I simply tried connecting to an online race again and it worked, so I didn't really think too much of it. But yeah, this error code is real. I hope this is only a slight hiccup and doesn't turn into a real problem?

On 4/18/2020 at 2:12 PM, rogere said:

So, here we are again. NM14.

14:00 BST

This time with a brand new PC, i7-9700, Win 10 Pro, NVIDIA RTX2060 with all files checked and verified as per instructions.

Do we have any ideas here?

Are we any closer to fixing this?

14:00 BST - NM14 error

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, rogere said:

Are we any closer to fixing this?

14:00 BST - NM14 error

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

16:00 BST

17:00 BST

image.thumb.png.b3f1c38553ae29b900d9b8284d3de4dd.png

Edited by rogere

Can you please check connectivity settings @rogere @craigmont924

Also a complete bug report is vital for us to understand issues if possible. How to do is in the green taskbar at the top of this page.

5 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Can you please check connectivity settings @rogere @craigmont924

Also a complete bug report is vital for us to understand issues if possible. How to do is in the green taskbar at the top of this page.

@barrybl - how do i check "connectivity settings"?

3 minutes ago, rogere said:

@barrybl - how do i check "connectivity settings"?

Just general router settings, firewalls, NAT types etc. A google should help you find everything needed. Wired/Wireless

9 minutes ago, BarryBL said:

Just general router settings, firewalls, NAT types etc. A google should help you find everything needed. Wired/Wireless

A short description of the problem

Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam):

PC - Steam - F1 2019

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

Weekly event - online at weekend - multiplayer

If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?:

Unknown - connection problem

What happened in the lead up to the problem?:

Tries to go through the "matchmaking" then NM14. Then it gets into a loop "communicating with online services" which it never comes out of. Need to go into task manager to end task.

Wait in lobby while countdown to start runs.

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

NM14 Error code. Occurred 14:00 BST and 15:00 BST on Sat 9th May 2020.

Was able to connect at 16:00 BST on Sunday 10th May 2020.

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

Logitech G920 wheel and pedal set

Steam files Validated and OK.

Connectivity

Hardwired to Netgear D6200 router

Connection good - 70MB down / 20 MB up FTTP

Bitdefender firewall

DXdiag sent to community email adddress

This is clearly a bad implementantion of the online events, How can codemasters rely on user connections for this?

You wait 1 hour to join an event just to get this error because aparently the host you trying to connect quited or has connection issues, this happens on online multiplay also when you get a loop for migrating host that never ends.

Just think about this next time you think to buy a codemasters game. F1 2020 will same has this, total garbage.

I'm new here, just registered to find out more about this error code. I had it last weekend when trying to join the weekly event, but didn't try again after that. Today I've tried twice already to join the weekly event and both times I get the same error code NM14 and then it just hangs trying to connect to the online server and I have to manually terminate the program. I've tried verifying the files and they are all okay, I'm pretty sure it's not a connection issue as everything else in the game works properly. I'm at a loss to understand what the solution is here, but it seems I'm not alone.....

Hi guys, it happens to me too. I've experienced this in F12018 and in the past months too, but in the recent events it happens all the freakkin time.

Maybe its related to codemasters servers handling too much traffic (covid 19) but I really dont know.

The weird thing is sometimes the issue is resolved after a FULL restart of my pc. But not always. I can't waste hours trying to join a race. BTW, why they only let you play in the afternoon? Why only every hour and not half-hour?

Posted (edited)
But what a huge **** these codemaster servers are
you pay to have fun and get more stressed
this damn NM14 error is the cumulative
and 1hr to 1hr events that ridiculous ...
because it doesn't do every 30min, 15min
codemaster fell a lot in my concept
Edited by andreemorais

it is simply impossible to play an event in this game - 4 hours to try to connect and just an error

congratulations for the codemaster incompetence

erro.png

3 hours ago, andreemorais said:

it is simply impossible to play an event in this game - 4 hours to try to connect and just an error

congratulations for the codemaster incompetence

erro.png

I totally understand your anger. I'd be fuming if I couldn't play online in a game I purchased and a service the game requires I pay into to use. I can't believe an issue like this exists. I feel for everyone having to deal with this. I truly hope this gets sorted out. This should be of top priority for Codemasters to get to the bottom of and fix so everyone can enjoy these events. You can't fix something if you ignore it. Judging by this thread, this has been an ongoing issue for over 10 months. 

Edited by Mike5500