Sign in to follow this  

Changing weekend tyre allocation broken

Is anyone else able to change the weekend tyre allocation? I want to change it to a more softer setup and I wait till the weekend has finished like it says but there is never an option to change the tyre allocation. I’m on Xbox btw. Anyone else have this issue?

Are you trying to change it before you go to the next weekend? If so that is why. You have to select it in the loading screen between weekends I think. That or at least before you start FP1 

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, adster2017 said:

Is anyone else able to change the weekend tyre allocation? I want to change it to a more softer setup and I wait till the weekend has finished like it says but there is never an option to change the tyre allocation. I’m on Xbox btw. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah you can only do that at the start of a race weekend as the next one is loading up.

Edited by sjsharp2010

If I understand you right ..

You need to click on option before the race weekend starts and in there u can change the tyres

1 hour ago, Hygradeb said:

If I understand you right ..

You need to click on option before the race weekend starts and in there u can change the tyres

Or, I can confirm on PS4 anyway, if you get to the data center before FP1 you can quit to the main menu then reload career and open the options menu from the loading screen and it’ll be all the way at the top and available to be changed still.

It's true that it's in the wrong place as it's never available during normal game play. The weekend before it's too early and the weekend itself its too late. Is literally the options screen you have to open up QUICKLY before the weekend actually arrives and there is no clue or hint for this other than online guides such as this one. On the PS4 I think it's the small right button next to center pad called the OPTIONS button. You need to press it quickly as soon as you see the loading screen for the new weekend. Procedure is similar on pc but the key you press is user definable. Major problem is that if you have a fast pc with ssd installed then you literally have less than 2 seconds to press the relevant key or its too late to make changes! The options screen is the the same one where you make changes to ai level. 

• Agree 1

I can't understand why it was not done so you can choose the tyres settings from the laptop which shows u everything ish.

It's just like race director I can't understand why it's not on the right screen when you in the pit it's stupid that u have to pause come out and check no dam sense.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Hygradeb said:

I can't understand why it was not done so you can choose the tyres settings from the laptop which shows u everything ish.

It's just like race director I can't understand why it's not on the right screen when you in the pit it's stupid that u have to pause come out and check no dam sense.

Exactly! It's because in real life teams don't choose their tire allocations days before the race they have to do it about 6 weeks before if I remember correctly. It would be kind of cool if this was implemented in the game but in a simplified format where say before every 5 races you had the next 5 races come up on screen and had the option of choosing manually or leaving to automatic. The better your learn the tracks the easier this would be season to season. Doing it before every race would just slow the game and fun factor down a lot but doing a batch of 5 circuits in a row would be cool I believe. Cmon CM out this or something similar in 2020 please! 

• Agree 2

Good idea but it would have to be an option, many out there are not that deep into F1 & some would 4get.

I actually check what was used in the real F1 and try match the game to it.

5 hours ago, Hygradeb said:

Good idea but it would have to be an option, many out there are not that deep into F1 & some would 4get.

I actually check what was used in the real F1 and try match the game to it.

Hey that's a good idea mirroring the real F1 tire selection! It would be a screen pop-up that showed every few races saying click OK to accept current choices or choose a different tire strategy. Tbh it wouldn't be a disaster if more casual players just ignored it. As long as they actually GET tires they'll be happy! 

• Agree 1