Sign in to follow this  

Event + Scoring

So i've done both weeks of the event so far and i'm confused as to how the scoring works.

I finished third, qualified a second faster and had less assists - however I finished ovr 100,00 points lower than my friend...?

I just dont get it, he finished 2nd in his race..does that mean he gets 100,00 more points?

Posted (edited)

How does the race work, is the licence system in use? Do you get awarded credit points to spend after the race?

Edited by TomAAA

Just now, TomAAA said:

How does the race work, is the licence system in use? Do you get awarded credit points to spend after the race?

You do practice sessions, then you do a qualy then when the official race starts at the weekend then you compete in that against other human controlled opponents at a similar qualy to yourself. You get points for all three sessions. I would just like to know exactly how the score is calculated and where I may of apparently lost points.

is the licence system in place? Maybe it deducts points based on an incident etc?

1 minute ago, TomAAA said:

is the licence system in place? Maybe it deducts points based on an incident etc?

I'm not sure, I didnt have any incidents or collisions or offenses in the race ...in all fairness it was pretty straight forward

I think i found my answer -  A score based on a number of factors, including qualifying time, race position, total race time, assist level and more. It’s worth bearing in mind that you’ll receive a score even if you only take part in qualifying, and you can still race even if you didn’t set a qualifying time – so it’s always worth participating where and when you can. Your score places you in the global leaderboard, and at the end of the week you’ll be sent your prizes via the in-game mail system, based on where you placed.