Sign in to follow this  

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2014

The Williams team dominated the first outings there, taking all victories until 1994. Michael Schumacher has won a total of six times, including his 1996 victory in heavy rain, which was his first for Ferrari. Mika Häkkinen took three victories and was on road for fourth in 2001 before his car failed on the last lap.

Since 2003 the race has been well attended thanks to success of Fernando Alonso. Alonso finished second in 2003 and 2005 before taking victory from pole in 2006. Alonso also finished third in 2007, with two further second places in 2010 and 2012, where he finished behind the Williams of Spanish speaking Pastor Maldonado, who won from pole; this was the first win and pole in a Grand Prix for a Venezulean driver and Williams' first win since the 2004 Brazilian Grand Prix and the team's first Spanish Grand Prix win and pole since 1997. Two Spanish drivers have won the Spanish Grand Prix; Carlos de Salamanca in 1923 and Alonso in 2006 and 2013, with Spanish speaking Juan Manuel Fangio winning in 1951 as well as Maldonado in 2012.

From 2013, the Spanish Grand Prix was supposed to alternate every year between the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Barcelona and the Valencia Street Circuit in Valencia,Spain.[1] However, this did not happen—Valencia dropped out for financial reasons and Catalunya will once again be the sole host of the Spanish Grand Prix.[2]

Let's hope it's going to be a decent battle for 3rd between Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari... And the laptimes are only 2 seconds slower than last year's FP1.

Looks like Vettel is out of FP1. Car came to a halt after 4 laps.  =))
And he's out of FP2 as well due to wiring loom damage, it's a good thing Renault brought some upgrades to their power unit this weekend :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4medhmMx4go

One of the highlights of the year in my opinion.

Lol abd people were saying Red Bull were really gonna catch up to Mercedes this weekend! Great new chassis for Vettel

Lol abd people were saying Red Bull were really gonna catch up to Mercedes this weekend! Great new chassis for Vettel
Electrical issues apparently.

Precautionary change to new chassis a 'sanity check' *snort* *giggle*

Yep, not even Rosberg came close during his FP2-stint.

But, they are sharing all their data so I expect Rosberg to be much closer tomorrow. Still, Lewis to win.

Vernge getting a 10 place grid drop for that loose wheel nut...? Ouch.

Harsh.

Whilst this might be to try and stop the pit crew from making these mistakes, there will always be human error :/

Vernge getting a 10 place grid drop for that loose wheel nut...? Ouch.

Harsh.

Whilst this might be to try and stop the pit crew from making these mistakes, there will always be human error :/
And a €30,000 fine.

Harsh for sure, especially on Vergne when it wasn't his fault and is out of his control.

Do you guys think this is on level, worse and more lenient than the penalties Ricciardo got for his wheel being loose?

To me it's really weird it happened in free practice, it's not like you have to make the pitstop as fast as possible so I guess it was a wheelnut failure or something... Maybe something like the Williams drivers faced last year?

Flying lap around the Circuit de Catalunya with Sebastian Vettel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXQ-M2lxKc&feature=youtu.be

yugin96 said:
Flying lap around the Circuit de Catalunya with Sebastian Vettel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRXQ-M2lxKc&feature=youtu.be
That Maldonado head at the lower left is SO evil :P

Did Marussia change the brightness of their livery?
The Marussia always looks red on the telly if you've seen it in real life its more like a really bright orange

Yeah, you're right actually Lee. I went to the Silverstone YDT in 2013 and the Marussia looks more orange in real life

My nose is making a random little whistling noise whenever I breath out at the moment. So I'm timing my exhales to the downshifts when the coverage switches to onboard. 

It's making me feel a little lightheaded though :/