Sign in to follow this  

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA PIRELLI 2014

Here we go, gap between Ham and Nico less than 1 second. 

I feel like ROS is going to overtake HAM on the last lap...

Hate to say it, but Vettel was brilliant today. Though just what on earth was up with Ferrari I don't know, their strategy was all over the place and they didn't know who to cover off. Kinda screwed Kimi over if you ask me. Also, Red Bull are the second quickest car now- hopefully that changes after Monaco. 

Eddie Jordan is an embarrassment to television...

Also, I'm quite happy to give Vettel credit for that drive. He had to do the work, so he did, and didn't whinge or complain. On the contrary, I'm gutted that his roll-bar wasn't broken, Vettel as 1st retirement was my bonus prediction.

Surprisingly good race. While Rosberg did liven it up at the end I always thought Hamilton had it reasonably under control, passing an identical car to your own with near enough identical same aged tyres was always going to be difficult. Good for the championship though. Closer then ever, and it is reassuring to see Hamilton only won today by track position. Rosberg is right there. 

Mega drive from Vettel, solid drives from Ricciardo and Bottas as well. Pity Grosjean had a car almost 30 kph slower than the fastest car in a straight line. Looking forward to Monaco next. Have (maybe unrealistic) ambitions that Red Bull will be close to Mercedes, but for sure it will be the best chance at least for a non Mercedes victory.

Beginning and the middle of the race was a bit boring, but the end was so tense! I want to see both Mercs on the same strategy.

VetteIfan said:
Surprisingly good race. While Rosberg did liven it up at the end I always thought Hamilton had it reasonably under control, passing an identical car to your own with near enough identical same aged tyres was always going to be difficult. Good for the championship though. Closer then ever, and it is reassuring to see Hamilton only won today by track position. Rosberg is right there. 

Mega drive from Vettel, solid drives from Ricciardo and Bottas as well. Pity Grosjean had a car almost 30 kph slower than the fastest car in a straight line. Looking forward to Monaco next. Have (maybe unrealistic) ambitions that Red Bull will be close to Mercedes, but for sure it will be the best chance at least for a non Mercedes victory.
Nah ,I think Red Bull have closed the gap to under a second on race pace to Merc , and there are no proper straights in Monaco to hamper Red Bull. They should be very close , and there's also adecent chance that a Merc could crash.

As for today's race , in a word , AMAZING.