50% career mode Williams gear box last only 3 races

2 hours ago, jamesjuve86 said:

In career mode 50% Williams gear box last only 3 races. Is this a bug? 

Not necessarily have you got any durability upgrades for it? Because if you don't look after the components or you don't have the durability upgrades they can wear faster. In my last season on my F1 2017 career for example on my Mercedes I was going through  gearboxes every 4 races it's just something that can happen. I did have to take a couple of penalties due to it but at the end of the day that can happen. I am hoping it won't happen in my next season though now that I have some more durability on it.

Not a bug: it's just wear on the gearbox. First upgrade: gearbox durability. Second upgrade: gearbox durability. Do them all and you will be fine. I'm also completing a Williams career mode and it is a struggle but no, not a bug. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 12:27 PM, jamesjuve86 said:

In career mode 50% Williams gear box last only 3 races. Is this a bug? 

I had the same problem. It is not a bug. I was downshifting poorly and causing excessive wear to the gearbox. You have to hit the brakes FIRST, and THEN downshift. It doesn't have to be long after you hit the brakes, but it has to be brake first and then downshift... The revs of the engine have to stay low when you downshift (try not to have the engine "scream" when downshifting).

Hope this helps. It helped me greatly

Edited by Voznik

43 minutes ago, HamsterRacer80 said:

#Brakes

good catch! I fixed it... :P

• Haha 1