Black Mountain Sim-Racing F1 2019 Online Weekly Event Recap

Good morning, afternoon, evening. Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread. I’m Maurice, otherwise known as Striker_703. I wanted to start this thread so I can share my experience in the F1 2019 Online Weekly Event’s. Whilst working on my goal of getting faster. During each event I hope to learn more about the scoring system and how it works according to what you have set as in assist, AI difficulty and driver/player action on the track. I’ll give a short brief of what happened in each race. Though if you want to know what all happened and how each incident turned out. You’ll have to watch the video or tune into the next live stream. After each brief I’ll be sharing how many points that I received for each race. Each race I’ll be raising the AI number in increments of two to see how that effects the total score. I’musing a Logitech G29 with Elite setting driving in the seat or cockpit. You’ll hear the wheel in the background. Through this journey I hope to help others understand the points system along with motivating some to be better drivers/players. I hope you enjoy my journey as much as I will. And I hope you start your own to becoming the best driver/player you can be.

Thank you for you time and I’ll see you on the track.

Maurice ‘Striker_703’  

'Please note that the final finishing position will be posted at the end of each event.' 

Edited by Striker_703

Round one race ten of the F1 2019 Online Weekly Events was KICKED off at Redbull Ring in the gorgeous hills of Austria. The Ring is one of the toughest tracks to set a car for. With it’s high speed runs with deep heavy braking zone combined with low to mid down force flowing turns. It’s challenging track to master, let along to link together. I start second on the grid next to Steeler1168 and Bameibhoy_710 starting third. I get a horrific start and fell to fourth, though I recover and push on. As the race goes on, I get into a grove with good pace. Even though I had a damage front wing I’m picking up time on the driver/player ahead. At this point I’m thinking of the undercut or over-cut. The race is going well but things get interesting towards the end of the race.

Q-time 1:06.711 

Austrian GP Weekly Event Main Race

Screenshot (2).png

F1® 2019_20190711182735.jpg

Edited by Striker_703
Link

Were in round two race eleven Silverstone GP Circuit Lewis Hamilton’s stomping grounds. This high-speed flowing course is a driver fan favorite. But if you kiss her wrong, she’ll send you off the track with a smile. Silverstone is demanding on tires, so you must treat them with care. With Random-Punchline on Pole, PR1N23—second, I in third and Its-DaSnowman starting fourth. The remaining field was filled with AI due to the lack of live driver/players within the ‘Q’ Qualification bracket. I get a better start in this race than I did in the first. Thing were fine until a turn one incident which pushed me of the track, dropping me down to last as I try to recover from the push of then spin on my part. Things start to get heated in the middle of the race.

Q. 1.31.633 1st attempt

Q.1.31.883 2nd attempt

Time Penalty 0.25

Silverstone Weekly Event Main Race       

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by Striker_703

With the Silverstone GP Weekly Event now closed let's see where I finished. My finishing position in 3025 with 262,648 points, increasing my points by 4,370. The one thing that caught my attention was the "Assists Bonus' I don't run any car assist so I'm gather the AI is factored into the assist scoring system. I increased the AI number to 72. The next race will be 74. I would like to see how the assist score increases or falls.

F1® 2019_20190715075319.jpg

The third week of of the Online Weekly Events has just finished. It was a sub week event held in the tight streets Monaco. I was slotted seventh out of thirteen car drivers/players. The start wasn't ideal, but it was a good start anyway without using assist. As I pace myself to get into the zone things start to go wrong.  

Striker_703,

you have great speed at Monaco, I bet you would have won your race if you qualified. I was able to finished Manaco weekly event in the top 4%. My best of the three we had so far. Now we go to Germany & I want to use you as a reference for how I do. I would love to see your car setup for Germany, do you mind sharing your settings??? I have not been able to find a setup that I like so far. I used my 2018 setup & tweeked it for a 2019 car. I’ve got up into the top 25% on TT but I feel I’m still leaving a lot of time on the table. Again, if you have a fast, easy on the tires setup, I would like to try it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the confidence in me @Getts0388. I agree about doing better if I didn't have the run in's with the walls, but winning not to sure. There's still a great deal of speed to gain. Sure I'll share my set-up with you. I'm also using my set's from 2018 with a little rework to them. I'm also using a wheel. That may make a difference how the car will responded. I found setting up the car in the TT's don't work very well due to the tires don't any temperature fluctuation. You gave me a great. I'll share my set-ups that I use for each of the main event as well a few live test session throughout the week. Almost forgot. If you want to let someone know that you're speaking directly to them start with the '@, then the name to highlight that person. 

F1® 2019_20190728032132.jpg

F1® 2019_20190728032138.jpg

F1® 2019_20190728032144.jpg

F1® 2019_20190728032113.jpg

F1® 2019_20190728032124.jpg

F1® 2019_20190728032154.jpg

Edited by Striker_703
Forgot the user tag option

As of writing this there’s twenty-two hours remaining in round four of the weekly event held at Hockenheimring GP Circuit. This is by far one of the most challenging tracks for me to get right. The flow is a challenge to get into if you’re not able to trust the car. I didn’t trust my set-up for this event. As of now I’m currently in the top 7% with a lot of time left in the event. I thought about giving it another run but I don’t want to lose any points even though I may place higher than the last race. There was another full grid this week. And with the matching of times within .500 the race should be good as long we all get through the first few laps. This race I changed my approach as how I would start the race and when to turn my mind on to full race mode. The reason as to why I’m doing this is to get myself ready for fall/winter racing season. I’ve enjoyed many years of league racing and learned a great deal from all those races. Running against many different types of driving styles and drivers will teach you a lot on how to race and how to race other drivers in different types of cars. I mainly done GT3 and Touring car. Some great door to door racing. Some of the best races I’ve entered where in league races and in GT3 cars. Back to the race at hand though.

With a 1:14.628 I’ve been positioned in twelfth place in the time bracket that I choice to race in. Pole was a smooth 1:14.285, so the grid was tight in times. The start was horrid for me as to spinning the tires off the line. It’s hard to get a good start using no assist ‘TC’ and not having a Fanatec CSL Elite or DD1 with the F1 or McLaren wheel with the bite point. I fall to sixtieth before turn and had to avoid a backup that resulted in a car going off, that re-entered the racing line at a dangers spot. I didn’t go into full race mode until middle of lap three going into four. There were some close calls during the previous laps that cloud have ended my race. I put in some consistent lap times, I’m on pace on gain some positions from pitting. As the race goes on, I noticed that I’m losing power coming out of the turns and in the mid speed turns. I cycle the menu until I reach the ERS systems menu and noticed ICE and gearbox is at 5% along with the other components having wear equaling in 20% lose of power. I make a late stop in hoping that my strategy still works.       

This weeks main event is at the Hungarian Grand Prix. The Hungaroring is a tight track with low to mid speed turns with aggressive enters. Tire management is the goal here and finding the balanced set-up will be difficult. You'll need a tight turning car that will be easy on the tires. Join me as I tackle free practice one and two. I had a lot to share on what is going on at the moment, but once again I forgot to test my mic to see if it was picking up my voice even though the light was on. But still I hope you enjoy the videos. I'll be streaming FP3 along with qualification. 

I'm going to change up this series a little thanks to an idea that @Getts0388. I'll be opening a un-ranked lobby for the upcoming weekly even to test and race before the main event. I'll share more details here later.

(PlayStation 4)

This past week event at the Hungaroring was one of the most pressure I’ve put myself under to get a set-up to a solid point. I spent about ten hours over the week working on the set-up to where I felt comfortable with it. And the day of the race I wasn’t comfortable with it after I done a test race. I’m not sure if the track condition changed. I’ll have to log that data as well the next time I start to test. With me setting of Q-time of 1:19.688, AI-80 and entering the time slot 6:00pm Est, 18:00 Est I was placed fifth on the grid. I’m looking forward to a good start this race because I’ve been getting the hang of getting off the line with the G29. It’s tricky, I still light up the tires more than I would like. Though when I get better gear, I’ll be able to beat drivers/players of the line. Along with matching or just a little those with a wheel that allows you to set a biting point for the clutch. The start didn’t go as I hoped but it still was a good start. Entering the first turn I stayed on the outside line just in case I had to take evasive action to stay out of a wreck, which was a good idea. I get two red arrows on my right side showing two cars coming into the turn with me, it was three cars going into turn one. I back off and take the widest line I could without getting a penalty for it. I get back on track without any infractions and I press on going into turn two. I finish in place 1358 out of 11,975 in the event with a score of 194,287. Which placed me in the top eleven percent. To see how I drove check out the video or tune into a live stream.

August 14 I’ll be starting a weekly test-race to prepare for the upcoming events. I’m not sure If I’ll have the practice session set to ninety or son. But Q will be one-shot and the race with match the weekly event length. 

One one thing. ENTER THE E-SPORTS EVENTS!!!

F1® 2019_20190805064716.jpg

F1® 2019_20190805064851.jpg