Online rank system

This years system is broken in so many ways its not even funny.

In a 24 hour span, I raced 10-15 races winning 4 of them, going up anywhere from 15-40 points a win.  I then also had a few 3-5 finishes, in a near full lobby mind you. In this period I also had 2 DnF's from various players being horrible ie Spun into a wall, Accident ahead not ghosting when its 5 seconds away. In this span I went from a peak of 1,968 skill to now being 1,594. This is literally the worst ranking system due to the simple fact that if you are taking out via rage etc you are punished just as harshly, and in some cases worse than the perpetrator.

League racing and Single play it is then......

Edited by TheVeryLazyTowel

14 minutes ago, TheVeryLazyTowel said:

This years system is broken in so many ways its not even funny.

In a 24 hour span, I raced 10-15 races winning 4 of them, going up anywhere from 15-40 points a win.  I then also had a few 3-5 finishes, in a near full lobby mind you. In this period I also had 2 DnF's from various players being horrible ie Spun into a wall, Accident ahead not ghosting when its 5 seconds away. In this span I went from a peak of 1,968 skill to now being 1,594. This is literally the worst ranking system due to the simple fact that if you are taking out via rage etc you are punished just as harshly, and in some cases worse than the perpetrator.

League racing and Single play it is then......

This years system may not be broken. It may just be done in a different way. Factoring other aspect of scoring. What I have noticed about the scoring system that it factors in your starting position, finishing position and DnF's. It may also factor in how you drive. It does count any penalties, warning along with making contact with other drivers/players. As for the contact penalties being harsh. They're not at all harsh. I believe it's need. Once drivers/players start to understand the new system they'll start caring about their driving performance and rating. We don't know how the pointing system is done. It would be nice to know though. Contact is contact. Even if you don't get a warning for contact in some cases, I still believe it counts against your overall score. In the weekly events, assist plays a large factor in your final score when you finish the race.  

Yeah for sure, the consideration of where you start and the ranks you are versing is a fantastic addition, however I feel the penalty for a DNF or poor race is too sizeable in comparison to the bonus for a win. its almost a 1:3 ratio which is just painful. Hopefully as the safety rating shuffles drivers in the coming weeks it will improve. However the amount of 2 second penalty's I've seen people cop when they were punted or spun is almost laughable. Fingers crossed you're correct.

Edited by TheVeryLazyTowel

5 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

This years system may not be broken. It may just be done in a different way. Factoring other aspect of scoring. What I have noticed about the scoring system that it factors in your starting position, finishing position and DnF's. It may also factor in how you drive. It does count any penalties, warning along with making contact with other drivers/players. As for the contact penalties being harsh. They're not at all harsh. I believe it's need. Once drivers/players start to understand the new system they'll start caring about their driving performance and rating. We don't know how the pointing system is done. It would be nice to know though. Contact is contact. Even if you don't get a warning for contact in some cases, I still believe it counts against your overall score. In the weekly events, assist plays a large factor in your final score when you finish the race.  

Then read this:

He has some really good ideas on how to improve the system. One area of the system that shouldn't apply if it's correct. Is having points removed pending based on where you Q at. Are drivers/players are losing points from qualifying outside the points? Having points removed for avoidable contact points should stay the same. But having points removed for racing contact, ie slight contact 'No damage to the car' points shouldn't be removed for that. But in turn I still feel that the system is fair in some aspects'. Having the developers and community work together on improving the system is a great idea. More than likely discussions are in place to do so.