Sign in to follow this  

Why are activated assistances still giving a lot of advantage?

I get tired of seeing that people with assists continue to have an advantage in this game, even reaching 2 seconds per lap. The most scandalous is that having the assistance activated can lower the aerodynamics to 1 while people without assistance can not. I think it's good that everyone has fun but that a rookie without effort and carrying activated aids is faster than a pro driver without assists is crazy, it is frustrating to be so advantageous to people who use assists in relation to people who does not use them Codemasters will lose many buyers with the change of console since the vast majority of pilots who do not use assistants will prefer to spend their money in a PC and a simulation game than in a console and an arcade game. A greeting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

The locals around these forums, like taking advantage, fair competition isnt a work in thier vocabulary.

• Agree 1

I feel like there is a better way to complain about the assists giving you an advantage than always complain about those who use them.

Assists technically always gives you an advantage in some form and driving without them may give you an advantage in another way, so it could be helpful to document the advantages as much as you can and then get the team to look at it. That is most likely helpful to everyone and will increase the chance of it getting fixed. There are some telemetry apps out there that can help for example, or you can always contribute and create your own 🙂 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Absolute nonsense. Go look at the time trial leaderboards No assists are faster. All the fastest times are set with No assists. 

Also after extensive testing with good players using no assists and assists in matches they also concluded no assists are faster. Even YouTubers such as TRL Limitless confirmed this.

If you are being beaten by "2 seconds per lap" maybe you should look into getting better there is no way an assist player can beat a No assist player by 2 seconds unless they are much slower. After testing by good players it was confirmed ABS this year is weaker you have to brake aprx 20-30m earlier and Medium TC is much slower this year out of corners it bogs down heavily in high demand corners such as Turn 3 in Austria. After 5hours of testing it was found NO assists had an advantage of 1 second per lap, the top players in the league on some tracks found they had a 1.4 second advantage vs their lap on the same track with assists on. (In fact on high demand traction tracks, NO assists is 2 seconds faster, check the time trial times)

Also how do you know the person who was beating you was using assists? the game does not inform other player of the assists they are using.

If you want to race against people without assist go to a league instead of racing in the casual unranked matches as that's what they are for, casual players.

Edited by TomAAA
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

I got as far as TRL Limitless then zoned out, 

No assists you say ?

TV Pod assist,

Proximinty arrows assist,

Track map assist,

The list goes on and on, it really does it has to be said,

Its a myth that assists are limited to TC and ABS, this game has a HUUUGE list of assists, but here's the clever part on Codemasters part ( So they think ), they list them as visual aids, giving the noobs ( New players ) cause thats what assists are designed, it has to be said, alittle boost to thier ego's,

But heres what Codemasters didn't realise in reality would happen, instead of a little boost, they give them URL Self Pro Claimed "Pro" Status, Oh yea am no assist, all day Cuz, easy work all day 😎 regular top 10 on leader boards OH YEEeeaaa 😎

:classic_rolleyes:

• Disagree 5

12 hours ago, BluntRS said:

I got as far as TRL Limitless then zoned out, 

No assists you say ?

TV Pod assist,

Proximinty arrows assist,

Track map assist,

The list goes on and on, it really does it has to be said,

Its a myth that assists are limited to TC and ABS, this game has a HUUUGE list of assists, but here's the clever part on Codemasters part ( So they think ), they list them as visual aids, giving the noobs ( New players ) cause thats what assists are designed, it has to be said, alittle boost to thier ego's,

But heres what Codemasters didn't realise in reality would happen, instead of a little boost, they give them URL Self Pro Claimed "Pro" Status, Oh yea am no assist, all day Cuz, easy work all day 😎 regular top 10 on leader boards OH YEEeeaaa 😎

:classic_rolleyes:

I come to the point where it is getting really annoying to read your posts. Visual aids help you to play the game as you like it, but they don't make you faster. How will you be faster if you use proximity arrows (to avoid crashes) or track map (for orientation)? Maybe they have also more traction and power as you stated for TV-cam. :classic_blink:

There are a lot of players which playing the game as they want. If you use cockpit cam, no HUD, no assists it's fine. You are the only Pro here, but please try to be a bit friendly and don't name every gamer which makes something different a noob.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, Akkan74 said:

I come to the point where it is getting really annoying to read your posts. Visual aids help you to play the game as you like it, but they don't make you faster. How will you be faster if you use proximity arrows (to avoid crashes) or track map (for orientation)? Maybe they have also more traction and power as you stated for TV-cam. :classic_blink:

There are a lot of players which playing the game as they want. If you use cockpit cam, no HUD, no assists it's fine. You are the only Pro here, but please try to be a bit friendly and don't name every gamer which makes something different a noob.

Been thier, I find the best way is to read until you've read enough then simply ignore the rest,

Dont make you faster, well thats your opinion,

Only Pro, please dont label me as that, its not only false, but degrading,

I am friendly, but Noob is urban for new player, which is what assists and visual aids, also know as assists, where designed for, blame Codemasters not me,

Would you prefer new player instead ?,

If players dont want to be called Noob or new player, then they should stop using assists, I dont make the rules, it is what it is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

I am friendly

😁

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Med TC is too fast on a dry track, it should be slower to see a real difference with no TC.

On wet track it works without problems.

Now why not have an option to apply "penalties" to players who use the assist.

Penalty for assits: Yes / ABS only / TC only / NO

It would be set to YES in the ranked lobbies, time trial and event.

Users would have the choice to apply in solo, unranked lobbies and leagues.

In this way everyone will play the game as he wishes.

Edited by Greg76110
  • Agree 1

I have more the feeling that instead off assists vs. None assist it is more wheel vs. Pad.. I am driving in a league with over 100 drivers.. And drivers wich were used to be in the low leagues are now as fast as the fastest wheel guys in our league and they drive all with the Pad.. And we have someone in our league wich can drive both and he said you can take much more speed through the corners with the controller und much better traction on the exit than with wheel

• Sad 1