Sign in to follow this  

Can you turn off driver transfers in career?

I would like to disable driver transfers if possible. I do not like seeing an unrealistic grid. Any help appreciated. Many thanks.  

• Agree 4

They should at least provide an option to disable the midseason transfers

• Agree 4

An option to disable fictional drivers would also be highly appreciated. These new features don’t ad to the realism of the game imo. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

An option to disable fictional drivers would also be highly appreciated. These new features don’t ad to the realism of the game imo. 

You can play the game without the fictional characters. I started a new career without them after finishing my first season with the fictional characters.

I do agree that driver transfers should get more options. I even think you you should be able to veto a transfer. There is a lot of stuff we have power over that a normal driver does not have like R&D budget spending, what team we get to drive and so on. Having the power to veto driver transfers would be a very clever inclusion.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

You can play the game without the fictional characters. I started a new career without them after finishing my first season with the fictional characters.

I do agree that driver transfers should get more options. I even think you you should be able to veto a transfer. There is a lot of stuff we have power over that a normal driver does not have like R&D budget spending, what team we get to drive and so on. Having the power to veto driver transfers would be a very clever inclusion.

I actually think they did OK with the driver transfers for a first time using this game mechanic. You see this happen all the time when an annual sports game implements a completely new feature (particularly a mechanic they haven't used before): it seems to be turned up to 100 with little balancing. It's far from ideal, I think everybody would agree on that, but surely something they can build on for future installments.

14 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I actually think they did OK with the driver transfers for a first time using this game mechanic. You see this happen all the time when an annual sports game implements a completely new feature (particularly a mechanic they haven't used before): it seems to be turned up to 100 with little balancing. It's far from ideal, I think everybody would agree on that, but surely something they can build on for future installments.

Yeah so do I. Whilst I agree it's not perfect I doubt it's going to be an easy fix and will likely be a 2020 revamp rather than a 2019 patch job because I think it's to entangled with other areas of the game such as the contract system. The only thing they can do is maybe patch in an option to turn it off. Though personally I don'tthink I wil use that as the transfers were the main reason why I bought 2019.I don't think I'd have bought this year if they hadn't done that I'd have just stuck with 2018. Especially as I didn't really care for F2 there weren't any new tracks this year and I need more than just a new paint job tbh.

1 hour ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

You already can just skip F2 and it'll take Butler and Weber out.

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

You already can just skip F2 and it'll take Butler and Weber out.

I wasn’t aware of this, thanks mate! 

53 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I wasn’t aware of this, thanks mate! 

Personally I'll be racing with them when I start my career but then I like things a bit more mixed up as I find it helps to keep things fresh but yeah skipping F2 takes them out. I haven't started mine yet but I plan to in the next few days just doing a season on my 2017 career atm but once I've done that I plan to finally get started on 19