Sign in to follow this  

Who is gonna start a new career after performance update?

Who is gonna restart his career mode after performance patch?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna restart your career mode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe after i see what the performance is
    • I have not started one yet

I've been doing a fast road to victory at the moment. All on 25% and short qualifying. The ideal Max Verstappen scenario, start in a Toro Rosso, promote to Red Bull mid season and become world champion in the first season. Ironically by my move to Red Bull Max Verstappen got demoted to Toro Rosso. :classic_biggrin:  So when I'm done with this season that career path will get boring really fast. But I had in mind to wait for the patch to start a realistic career on 50%. That way the urge to go for that world champion trophy fast will have been fed and I can start a career to build and struggle a mid field team to a top team.

For those that don't use race line, have you been playing this series so long that you don't need to learn many new tracks?

I haven't played F1 since 2014 or so, but there are a lot of tracks I have to start from scratch with. China, Ricard, etc.  That's all a part of it, but man it is time consuming if you don't want to lower the AI on those circuits.  Even in real life, it takes a good 50 dedicated laps to commit it to solid memory. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

I may be completely wrong and was under the assumption there was already an update: http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/f1-2019-performance-updates-and-patch-1-05-notes/

Last weekend, it seemed the AI became more aggressive at times on the same settings.

That patch isn't released yet, it's only announced as "coming soon". And 1.04(the latest patch, about 2 weeks old) did not touch the AI.

EDIT: I'm almost convinced that the 1.05 patch will be released today, looking at SteamDB.

EDIT 2: Confirmed here as being live on Steam now:

Patch 1.05 is out now on Steam. The PS4 and Xbox updates to follow subject to first party approval.

Edited by Ho3n3r

59 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

For those that don't use race line, have you been playing this series so long that you don't need to learn many new tracks?

I haven't played F1 since 2014 or so, but there are a lot of tracks I have to start from scratch with. China, Ricard, etc.  That's all a part of it, but man it is time consuming if you don't want to lower the AI on those circuits.  Even in real life, it takes a good 50 dedicated laps to commit it to solid memory. 

I learnt some of them in 1996 already with Grand Prix 4 when I was 10. Also just watching the actual races helps you learn them pretty quickly.

After that, Grand Prix 3 and then Grand Prix 4, and then much later rFactor 1/2, Assetto Corsa etc. and obviously F1 games.

I never raced with racing line so I never thought about it being hard, and many people out there will feel the same.

1 hour ago, Ho3n3r said:

I learnt some of them in 1996 already with Grand Prix 4 when I was 10. Also just watching the actual races helps you learn them pretty quickly.

After that, Grand Prix 3 and then Grand Prix 4, and then much later rFactor 1/2, Assetto Corsa etc. and obviously F1 games.

I never raced with racing line so I never thought about it being hard, and many people out there will feel the same.

Not hard, just time-consuming. I track cars and bikes in real life, but this is different. Have played Assetto for years as well as PCars, but there are several tracks on here that are new to me.  Learning the track as well as the setup for Each track takes a lot of time. 

Apparently the problem is..I need more time in the day.lol

3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

For me the line destroys any immersion completely and looks ridiculous on screen. Won't ever watch a video or a stream with someone who uses it as that tells me that person has nothing to teach me at all. I love learning new stuff properly, and it's IMO Def faster to really learn a track without following a neve changing ai line. My point here is you mention 50 laps, which is probably realistic. Takes me 10 laps to no longer leave the track or crash (we have flashback for that!) and 20 to get competitive at a low level and at least a full length race to really get quick. So I just do TT until I don't crash then set up a full length grand prix at the circuit with a lower than normal ai pace. Following ai cars really helps so qualifying first is not a great idea! By the time the race is finished I'm good to go. My favorite part of the game is learning new tracks which is why I love games like project cars so much as there are so many different tracks to explore! Wish the F1 games had more classic tracks, find it so dull last couple years having no new tracks. Hockenhiem may have been new IRL but it's a track anyone who plays racing games regularly should know already. 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

For me the line destroys any immersion completely and looks ridiculous on screen. Won't ever watch a video or a stream with someone who uses it as that tells me that person has nothing to teach me at all. I love learning new stuff properly, and it's IMO Def faster to really learn a track without following a neve changing ai line. My point here is you mention 50 laps, which is probably realistic. Takes me 10 laps to no longer leave the track or crash (we have flashback for that!) and 20 to get competitive at a low level and at least a full length race to really get quick. So I just do TT until I don't crash then set up a full length grand prix at the circuit with a lower than normal ai pace. Following ai cars really helps so qualifying first is not a great idea! By the time the race is finished I'm good to go. My favorite part of the game is learning new tracks which is why I love games like project cars so much as there are so many different tracks to explore! Wish the F1 games had more classic tracks, find it so dull last couple years having no new tracks. Hockenhiem may have been new IRL but it's a track anyone who plays racing games regularly should know already. 

Agreed on racing line. I won't watch streams that use them or anything but cockpit. It just kills it.

Good point on racing/qualifying. That seems to be working best rather than endless TT effort.

Hockenheim has been around forever. It was my favorite track back on the Sega Genesis F1 game.lol It was a much different track then, though. COTA, Silverstone, Monza etc are all standard and easy. Learning China has been brutal and I know Monaco, I just hate it.lol. 

Wish Mugello and Bathurst were on here, even though they aren't F1 tracks. They would be a blast in these cars!

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

The problematic thing with the racing line is that, after initially getting comfortable with the track, it actively holds you back from really learning the track. It gives you an indication of where you should be on the track, but the key to learning the track is finding braking and turn-in spots. This usually means you have to find markers on the side of the track, which you won’t find while staring at the colored line in front of you.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

The problematic thing with the racing line is that, after initially getting comfortable with the track, it actively holds you back from really learning the track. It gives you an indication of where you should be on the track, but the key to learning the track is finding braking and turn-in spots. This usually means you have to find markers on the side of the track, which you won’t find while staring at the colored line in front of you.

Exactly. To be clear, I don't use it. That's why I am asking others that dont use it. If I did, I could run 2 laps and be ready to rock.lol

Edited by DaleRossi

On 7/15/2019 at 3:16 PM, HauptmannSeba said:

I didn't start my career and i'm not gonna start until they give us option, to turn off mid-season transfers.

OK so you're never gonna play it then? Gotcha 

• Haha 1

How would the performance update mess up someone's career @Coffer? The only change will be the cars performance if you're at the current or pass race. The performance updates are only current up to race eight of the scheduled year, maybe race nine. We're don't know if we're getting the whole year of performance updates. We don't know what data the teams have shared with the Codemasters. We know that they shared tire data, but we don't know about car data. Codemasters can project the performance updates with the current race data that is available. Though I believe they'll go to the source to gain data. I believe the only updates that will be up to the current race date or a race or two past. Now if you're in the beginning of the career, race 4, 5 or 7 it wouldn't really matter. But if you're further into the season and you feel those updates would have helped up to the current point in the career. Then give it a try and see. It may or may not. One thing that will happen if you do start another season. You'll be better prepared for the beginning of the season up to wear you left off. You'll have your notes of which upgrades worked and which didn't. You'll have a better set-up done and so on.

From what I've been reading the goal of Codemasters and Formula 1 is be in the small pool of Sponsored titles to run side by side with that racing series or body. Race Room is the sponsored title for the FIA WTCR series. Assetto Corsa Competizione Blacpain. I don't know of any others. I think iRacing is the one for NASCAR but I dont' think all the tracks are available. Ask one of the mods and see if they can gain some insight on this matter.  

7 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

How would the performance update mess up someone's career @Coffer? The only change will be the cars performance if you're at the current or pass race.

And therein lies the problem. Imagine playing for Renault, getting the car up to par with Red Bull and having your contract objective be P5 (and that's generous as Tiametmarduk was given P3 as an objective)... only to be hit with the massive nerf that they got this patch. This applies even more strongly for Williams, especially mid-season after you've amended your contract once or twice. Assuming your difficulty is originally set such that you're right on par with where the car should be, suddenly you have to lower the difficulty, do much better than the game expects you to or risk getting demoted or even fired through no fault of your own, all because the contracts aren't amended by the change to the car performance stats.

The game is too simple to handle these sudden changes. That's just one of the many reasons why a fresh start is better than continuing, at least if it catches you out mid-season.

The performance updates are only current up to race eight of the scheduled year, maybe race nine.

That's actually incorrect, as Reddit users have correctly discovered that these are the Australia stats. This is not a mid-season update - this is a fix and nothing more as the early release meant they had to throw caution to the wind and trust the media to be right on how good the cars are after testing, hence why Ferrari was at the top pre-patch. You yourself pointed out why they struggled with this when you mentioned that it's likely that the teams don't share much in the way of car data with CM. Odds are the Silverstone/Hungary stats will be coming in in the first major patch, along with the 2019 F2 cars and multiplayer support for them.

If some find out what the performance updates will be. If the information is correct and the updates will ONLY reflect the beginning of the physical racing year, Then you really have nothing to worry about. If these updates only reflect the performance from the start of the season and you're in mid season then the updates wouldn't have any real effect on your season. The performance updates that you done to the car will be a advancement from the current performance updates that are incoming.    

7 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

If these updates only reflect the performance from the start of the season and you're in mid season then the updates wouldn't have any real effect on your season.

...I just pointed out what they're going to effect. If you couldn't understand that, that's on you, not me. The changes affect ongoing careers as well, meaning the performances will be adjusted as though you started with the 1.05 base values, not the 1.00 ones, aka you still have to contend with the colossal nerf to Williams and substantial nerfs to the likes of Renault, which has a direct effect on your contract as the objectives are not affected by the buffs and nerfs.

On 7/16/2019 at 10:51 PM, Swift747 said:

OK so you're never gonna play it then? Gotcha 

And? I think it's not your problem if i start it or not. What did you bring to discussion? What constructive feedback you give right here, hmm? I see more and more topics about driver transfers and how F1 community is not happy about bad implementation. If they care about their playerbase, they should give us option to turn-off driver trasfers. If they not, well it's not end of a world for me. I still have my share of fun driving custom races and I learned a lesson not to buy pre order from CM ever again.

On 7/16/2019 at 2:29 PM, BelgiumDude said:

If you played 2017 and 2018 you have memorized all the tracks;

Indeed though up untli 2018 I'd never driven Paul Ricard before in a game. I had heard of the track and that it had been often used as a test track but I'd never driven it myself but then the last time it was used  in F1 was way back when Senna and Prost were still racing as I think Prost was the last guy to win there before it came back. So I'm not surprised I've not raced it as there weren't that many racing games back then if any

On 7/20/2019 at 1:40 PM, HauptmannSeba said:

And? I think it's not your problem if i start it or not. What did you bring to discussion? What constructive feedback you give right here, hmm? I see more and more topics about driver transfers and how F1 community is not happy about bad implementation. If they care about their playerbase, they should give us option to turn-off driver trasfers. If they not, well it's not end of a world for me. I still have my share of fun driving custom races and I learned a lesson not to buy pre order from CM ever again.

😂😂😂

I've still got Brazil and Abu Dhabi to do on my 2017 career but I should be ready a bit later to finally get started on 2019 today. Must admit I'm  looking forward to it.

32 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I've still got Brazil and Abu Dhabi to do on my 2017 career but I should be ready a bit later to finally get started on 2019 today. Must admit I'm  looking forward to it.

Nice. Good luck. And 1 tip: don't get the F2 drivers in as it's pretty cool initially, but soon you'll get annoyed by their (particularly Weber's) pace that can really mess up the order.

One question guys: 

If I skip the F2 and start directly in F1 at Williams as 2nd driver, my teammate is always Kubica! 

I don't get it...why??? 

10 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

One question guys: 

If I skip the F2 and start directly in F1 at Williams as 2nd driver, my teammate is always Kubica! 

I don't get it...why??? 

Because Codemasters.

8 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Nice. Good luck. And 1 tip: don't get the F2 drivers in as it's pretty cool initially, but soon you'll get annoyed by their (particularly Weber's) pace that can really mess up the order.

Well watching Aarava's vids I've actually liked the part they play so I'm not too bothered by them being fast and in fact I welcome the challenge. But everyone has their own opinions but I'm definitely doing the F2 bit as I want to experience all that myself.