Sign in to follow this  

Who is gonna start a new career after performance update?

Who is gonna restart his career mode after performance patch?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Are you gonna restart your career mode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe after i see what the performance is
    • I have not started one yet

Posted (edited)

I was wondering of more People are gonna restart their career mode. I think i will IF the performance table completly gets shuffled. 

Edited by Thefallenone5493
Wrong text
  • Like 1

Probably not, but there's no way I'm not going to make a backup of my save file before it drops.

• Agree 1

I haven’t started career mode yet so no need to restart! Can’t wait to get going though 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GBPolesitter said:

I haven’t started career mode yet so no need to restart! Can’t wait to get going though 

A good one..i will add that  anwser also

Edited by Thefallenone5493

I didn't start my career and i'm not gonna start until they give us option, to turn off mid-season transfers.

• Like 1

Just now, HauptmannSeba said:

I didn't start my career and i'm not gonna start until they give us option, to turn off mid-season transfers.

I don't think that's happening to be honest. Why don't you want the midseason transfers exactly?

I'm going to finish the season today then leave it until the patch and any performance changes can be headcanon 2020 cars then.

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

I don't think that's happening to be honest. Why don't you want the midseason transfers exactly?

I saw on reddit that in someone career, Hamilton got transferred from Merc that was best car on the grid to Renault 5th best car on the grid, while he was leading WDC by 40 points. I suppose he lost that championship. That is a big turn off for me. If they don't give us an option to turn off mid-season transfers it's a shame, but learning from my mistake, I'm not gonna pre-order CM game ever again. They never give us any info about driver transfers so I blindly pre ordered, thinking that this year career is gonna be the same as previous year, plus F2 feeder scenarios. And don't get me wrong, i think that driver transfers are good addition but badly implemented. If there was info about this i would wait couple of weeks after game launch to see how this work and then decide to buy a game or not. But well, my mistake.

• Agree 4

3 minutes ago, HauptmannSeba said:

I saw on reddit that in someone career, Hamilton got transferred from Merc that was best car on the grid to Renault 5th best car on the grid, while he was leading WDC by 40 points. I suppose he lost that championship. That is a big turn off for me. If they don't give us an option to turn off mid-season transfers it's a shame, but learning from my mistake, I'm not gonna pre-order CM game ever again. They never give us any info about driver transfers so I blindly pre ordered, thinking that this year career is gonna be the same as previous year, plus F2 feeder scenarios. And don't get me wrong, i think that driver transfers are good addition but badly implemented. If there was info about this i would wait couple of weeks after game launch to see how this work and then decide to buy a game or not. But well, my mistake.

OK, that makes sense. I had seen some 'strange' transfers between seasons but thought mostly mid-season transfers only involved lower ranked drivers. I'm not really surprised though that it's less than perfect, since this is (I think) the first time Codemasters ever implemented such an option in any of their games. Even other yearly sports games like FIFA who've been doing this for years often struggle with somewhat realistic and balanced transfers. I don't expect a fix for F1 2019 though.

To me a larger issue is the AI skill level between drivers. We could already see last year that this seemed poorly balanced by how difficult some guys were to beat vs others, and the fact that they weren't updated for this year's launch created some weird situations like Hulkenberg being consistently quicker than Ricciardo. I hope a reassessment of drivers' speed is part of the performance update.

Posted (edited)

When was the update? I just started a new career on Saturday.

And yeah, mid season transfers are pretty bad. If they could just leave it for the lower tier teams, that would be a lot better.

I could see Lewis going back to McLaren some day, but damn sure not mid season. lol. And doubly damn sure not to Renault. That's like Brady leaving to go to the Dolphins right before Playoffs. 

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Wait, i have to restart my career mode so the car performance patch works? Or do i understand something wrong here 

Edited by itsBjay

6 minutes ago, itsBjay said:

Wait, i have to restart my career mode so the car performance patch works? Or do i understand something wrong here 

No you dont have to restart your career. But maybe the performance of the cars gets shuffled. So that Williams moves further back on the grid and stuff like that.

4 minutes ago, Thefallenone5493 said:

No you dont have to restart your career. But maybe the performance of the cars gets shuffled. So that Williams moves further back on the grid and stuff like that.

oh ok, i just finished Baku in my first season so that doesnt really matter im my career

2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

OK, that makes sense. I had seen some 'strange' transfers between seasons but thought mostly mid-season transfers only involved lower ranked drivers. I'm not really surprised though that it's less than perfect, since this is (I think) the first time Codemasters ever implemented such an option in any of their games. Even other yearly sports games like FIFA who've been doing this for years often struggle with somewhat realistic and balanced transfers. I don't expect a fix for F1 2019 though.

To me a larger issue is the AI skill level between drivers. We could already see last year that this seemed poorly balanced by how difficult some guys were to beat vs others, and the fact that they weren't updated for this year's launch created some weird situations like Hulkenberg being consistently quicker than Ricciardo. I hope a reassessment of drivers' speed is part of the performance update.

Yeah it is difficult to get things like that right. It's possible they'll attempt a fix going forward into F1 2020 but I don't expect anything except maybe an off option being added for those that are taking issue over the transfers so the ycan be turned off for those that don't want It in their games. But  I think it's too connected to the players contract system to be able to do anything more atm because whenever the player is looking at improving their contracts it looks like  every other driver on the grid is as well so I think the only way they can cut it back is to redo the contract system so we have 1 mid season window and one end of season window like we had in F1 2016/17

3 hours ago, GBPolesitter said:

Neither have I mainly due to not having much of a chance to start one yet but I don' t think it'll be much longer before I'm lining up on the grid in Melbourne in one. I have finished my 2016 career now so that's freed me up to start a 2019 one when I'm ready so now I'll be alternating between careers on 2017, 18 and 19 now

The AI definitely seems to be a little more aggressive now. Starting mid pack at 100% at Silverstone, I got dive bombed from above several times in a row in T1. This after several restarts where I couldn't take it flat out since they all slow down there. If I slow down, I get rear ended. If I hold the inside line, I get dive bombed. Happened probably 7 times until I got lucky and made it through. 

It is fun that the AI will be aggressive, but that was nuts.

• Haha 1

"Who is gonna start a new career after the performance update?"

*whole class raises their hand*

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, DennisJV28 said:

"Who is gonna start a new career after the performance update?"

*whole class raises their hand*

Well I might have already started one by then but it depends on how much longer it takes because tbh I'm not as bothered  about the  performance order as others are. I just enjoy racing these cars I've just been to busy with other things is the main reason for my delay in starting. Though I got to admit I'm not a big fan of my saves being corrupt4ed and it sounds like the kind of patch that might do that so maybe my delay in starting career might actually end up being a good thing even if slightly unintentional.

Posted (edited)

Do the base cars not update in career mode when they patch it?

Edited by Zachrulez
Grammer correction.

5 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

Is the patch out now?

No. Most likely next week.

Posted (edited)

do you think we have to adjust AI levels again then?? For me I found a good AI level for the moment

Edited by svensenk86

I don't think there's any point to start a new F1 career after the update comes out within a little over a week from now. The performance updates will take place no matter where you're at in your career. Pending on where you're at in your career those performance update will not apply until you get to that point. The performance updates will apply in multiplayer lobbies. 

• Agree 1

Yep, never really got far into my first one tbh, was waiting for the update.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

I don't think there's any point to start a new F1 career after the update comes out within a little over a week from now. The performance updates will take place no matter where you're at in your career. Pending on where you're at in your career those performance update will not apply until you get to that point. The performance updates will apply in multiplayer lobbies. 

There absolutely is a point because the updates affecting ongoing careers completely destroys any semblance of ongoing consistency if it hits midway through a season, which is likely to be the case for most people. On a personal level I'd also very much rather start fresh with a garbage Williams than take it halfway through S1 in its current overpowered state and then find myself unable to hit my own contract's goals because the car is suddenly much slower.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

The AI definitely seems to be a little more aggressive now. Starting mid pack at 100% at Silverstone, I got dive bombed from above several times in a row in T1. This after several restarts where I couldn't take it flat out since they all slow down there. If I slow down, I get rear ended. If I hold the inside line, I get dive bombed. Happened probably 7 times until I got lucky and made it through. 

It is fun that the AI will be aggressive, but that was nuts.

As opposed to what? F1 2018?