Wales Rally: Available Now

Wales Rally is the latest location to be added to DiRT Rally 2.0; releasing on July 16 as part of Season 2, the Deluxe Content Pack, the Deluxe Edition of the game and as standalone DLC.

Feel free to drop your thoughts on the location in this thread, share pics and clips etc. 🙂

If you haven't seen Wales Rally yet myself and @jonny174 presented a first-look show which you can find above. Give it a watch and share your thoughts (preferably in the YouTube comments section, but here's okay too) as we may do more of these in the future😉

i hope we can download it for free (for deluxe owners), at the normal time rather than wait all day waiting for Microsoft to sort out the recent mess with the store.

• Agree 1

Look at 12:58 on this video. What is that??? Can't you really fix that? The same happens in Sweden, USA and Poland. Look carefully.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Wet Wales is very slippery at last 🙂

Edited by mesa

Only 1 rain option in custom championship - heavy rain and nothing more. I'm very disappointed with your laziness...
Codemaster you are doing it wrong.

Or maybe other rain types would be available soon?

2 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Look at 12:58 on this video. What is that??? Can't you really fix that? The same happens in Sweden, USA and Poland. Look carefully.

Mentioned in our bug tracker, so it’s being looked at 😉 

• Thanks 1

Always the same bug xbox deluxe edition he asked me to pay wales again...

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Mentioned in our bug tracker, so it’s being looked at 😉 

Yeees!!! Thank you very much. By the way, with these DLCs DR2.0 is even much better. Absolutely amazing game. I can't wait for full release of Season 2 and maybe there will be Season 3? (Matthewhorsman told me about that.) I tested Wales and it is great. It is my most favourite location from 'DiRT Rally (1)'. Even if it is the same, great to see it again. I will post my new screenshots.

Cheers,

Filip

3 hours ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

It used to do the same thing in the first DiRT Rally, at least on PS4. It was never fixed, I hope it gets now. I guess sometimes the games forgets that there are trees there and that they should cast shadows

20190715225754_1.thumb.jpg.e6f1d9fcb00d708a24160a829a25676a.jpg20190715225845_1.thumb.jpg.b8ec62d0ff8b442e17b0d1632ad29b3a.jpg20190715230830_1.thumb.jpg.141a959178e4436aab9f0ba0206eaa9a.jpg20190716000954_1.thumb.jpg.fe6f8c3ce790aa1d3dce313e02030549.jpg

'I am a man who drives alone and when i'm driving a dark road at night or strolling through the park'*

*Guess what are the right lyrics and when are they from. 😉

20190716001018_1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've just done one run on each long stage and it's great.

however, I honestly kind of preferred Wales in D4. there were more elevation changes, and if you turned up the complexity in the procedural generator you could get virtually nothing but twisty stuff in the trees for like 12km, which for me is the best part 

also the weather and lighting/times of day was waaaaaaaaay more varied. maybe one day?

edit: pictures.

20190715101036_1.thumb.jpg.8ec9638b3c735e030ea01ef5ede5ca9d.jpg20190715101005_1.thumb.jpg.1eff77d9719a8f4b8f23227f0469a971.jpg

Edited by ianism

5 minutes ago, carpa said:

It used to do the same thing in the first DiRT Rally, at least on PS4. It was never fixed, I hope it gets now. I guess sometimes the games forgets that there are trees there and that they should cast shadows

'DiRT Rally' was completely bugless for me. I really couldn't find any bug, even the smallest one. And I played almost 500 hours.

as part of Season 2, the Deluxe Content Pack, the Deluxe Edition of the game" announced by public manager

translation : deluxe owners already charged 26box not supposed to pay twice for included content

reality : on my xbox, cannot download without pay another 4box, then it installs, and then it says i already own it

who will receive the undue money ? as i already payed total twice deluxe pack with track and car releases , i hope it will finance codemasters to improve my favorite game

1 hour ago, kombajnkoszoncy said:

'DiRT Rally' was completely bugless for me. I really couldn't find any bug, even the smallest one. And I played almost 500 hours.

Sweden in DR1 felt like someone forgot to turn on the lights and then remembered about it and switched them on mid-stage. But the light was the sun

always reporting the bugs is little discouraging, i need to express that the new wales version is far better to me than previous, which was outstanding:classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just a FYI: For me, Wales was not present in the DR 2.0 'Add-ons' section on the Xbox store/marketplace.

I had to do a manual search for 'Wales' and it turned up there.

I'm in Australia.

The renewed version, especially in the wet stage, is a beauty, well done. But the dry ground surface + fog is personal to me less successful than the previous series that I prefer.

• Agree 1

Feels like less of a visual makeover than the other DLC tracks. A dream to play though. Really tough in the wet. 

• Agree 1

Some things to note:

• We know about the Xbox issues and are working on them with our various partners. If it's anything like the 911 and 037 2 weeks ago, should be resolved later today.
  • American PlayStation players, your DLC doesn't go live until around 09.00 PST as that's when the store usually updates.
  • Agree 1

I am eager to play but unable to install Wales on My Xbox One X. I am a deluxe edition owner but the Store is asking me to pay €3.99 for the add-on. 

Now should I pay for it and wait for Codemasters' reply or just wait? 😐

15632750076111088454083.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

Wait, most likely until this evening.

It works! Thanks for fixing this faster than last time! 🙂

Edited by Dealer92

Just checking, any other Xbox Deluxe users getting Wales now?