Windows 10 only? Well, goodbye GRID then...

Posted (edited)

This tablet tiles sh.i.t will never appear on my PC

:classic_ninja:

Edited by lastbreath
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

What year do you live in ? And "tiles" sounds like Windows 8 lol

Edited by Ak1504
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Oh god what the hell, I did not notice that. I am still using Windows 7 because it's the most comfortable and cleanly laid out. Yes I could make Win10 look the same, but I haven't bothered. How hard can it be to support Win7 ? A few hours of work ? Come on, there is still a large share that use Windows 7 and not supporting it is a bad move.

Edited by Sir.Smoke
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

Support for Windows 7 is ending
All good things must come to an end, even Windows 7. After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7. But you can keep the good times rolling by moving to Windows 10.

So why would CM bother to support win7 for few months only?In what year do you guys live?How do u even update your drivers?How old your PC's are?
This is the worst complain about game so far...

Edited by SRBIJAdeadyet
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

52 minutes ago, Sir.Smoke said:

Oh god what the hell, I did not notice that. I am still using Windows 7 because it's the most comfortable and cleanly laid out. Yes I could make Win10 look the same, but I haven't bothered until Microsoft discontinues support. What a stupid decision you guys over there at Codemasters, seriously. How hard can it be to support Win7 ? A few hours of work ? Come on, there is still a large share that use Windows 7 and not supporting it is a wrong move.

Its dx12 game only thats why! Make sure you have gpu that supports dx12..

Oh don't you worry about the capabilities of my computer. Also I have windows 10 installed, the move is what I don't want to do. And it doesn't matter if support for Win7 ends, all you need is antivirus and common sense.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

Support for Windows 7 is ending
All good things must come to an end, even Windows 7. After January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7. But you can keep the good times rolling by moving to Windows 10.

So why would CM bother to support win7 for few months only?In what year do you guys live?How do u even update your drivers?How old your PC's are?
This is the worst complain about game so far...

Users decide how long to use Windows 7, not M$. No Win 7 support, no buy. That's it. Why not use Vulkan API? So they lose market. Not my problem.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I heard rumors that there are people out there that are stuck to DX9 games because they think everything after XP is bad lol 😄 Not my problem 😄

Edited by Ak1504
  • Haha 2

Times change, that's about it. In a few years, you can most likely play the game on Linux if you rather switch to that. GRID: Autosport, F1 2015, F1 2017, DiRT Rally and DiRT 4 have already been ported to linux by Feral.

Well, than keep using Win7 and play games from few years before and stay away from modern age. Not my problem 🙂

Posted (edited)

The problem is that Win10 has absolutely disgusting UI, design and usability. When I launch that OS I want to womit immediately. Why the hell I have to spend hours to find basic options because MS decided that it was a brilliant idea to mix all settings? Moving from XP to 7 was easy, moving from 7 to 10 is sadistic af. This is not PC OS, this is tablet legacy with legitimate spyware and it should die in hell.

Edited by lastbreath
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Can´t understand your problem. I mean i work a lot with my PC and i love all the little things and features that Win10 has over Win7. It would be a punishment for me to go back to Win7.

5 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Can´t understand your problem. I mean i work a lot with my PC and i love all the little things and features that Win10 has over Win7. It would be a punishment for me to go back to Win7. 

Windows 10 looks like an auxiliary school supplies. Slow (slower than Win 7), unstable, and bad update system. As if XP should be used again, it is simply a step back. 

11 minutes ago, GabDuck said:

Windows 10 looks like an auxiliary school supplies. Slow (slower than Win 7), unstable, and bad update system. As if XP should be used again, it is simply a step back. 

Well you're out of luck for the next few years if you don't want to upgrade. MacOS and Linux may get GRID in some years.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GabDuck said:

I use MS Operating Systems since 1998 and i also used Win7 for many years. On my systems Win10 is way quicker, for me the update system is a step forward and i don´t have to reinstall it every year like i had to do with Win7 and i also have not seen a blue screen in years. Complete opposite to Win7.  Sry if you have a bad experience but for me Win10 is the best OS i ever used.

Edited by Ak1504

3 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

I use MS Operating Systems since 1998 and i also used Win7 for many years. On my systems Win10 is way quicker, for me the update system is a step forward and i don´t have to reinstall it every year like i had to do with Win7 and i also have not seen a blue screen in years. Complete opposite to Win7.  Sry if you have a bad experience but for me Win10 is the best OS i ever used.

Compare that with an SSD drive and you will get few sec of startup, faster loadings, faster apps and more...No stupid codecs and drivers to download...I also do not reinstall windows 10 few times a year like i did with win7...
Not to mention that u can minimize game, shut down system, than turn on PC later and continue playing where u left 😄 

Yeah, win10 is way better system and way faster than win7.

On 7/16/2019 at 3:30 PM, lastbreath said:

The problem is that Win10 has absolutely disgusting UI, design and usability. When I launch that OS I want to womit immediately. Why the hell I have to spend hours to find basic options because MS decided that it was a brilliant idea to mix all settings? Moving from XP to 7 was easy, moving from 7 to 10 is sadistic af. This is not PC OS, this is tablet legacy with legitimate spyware and it should die in hell.

W10 spring 2019 update? Press windows key, type setting name, click.  Easiest & fastest W o/s yet.  (W8 was total junk!)

Posted (edited)

Times change, tech marches on. I don't see what's the bad in this decision. Win 7 is old, is 10 years old. Inbetween MS has released other 2 OS, you can't pretend they keep updating Win 7 forever, it's a waste of time to work on 3 different systems (is Win 8 still supported?). Keeping updated an old OS helps the transition, but it will come to an end. The end is Jan 2020, and Codies made the right decision, Win 7 is old, and after Jan 2020 will no longer officially supported by MS. It's time to move on. You don't want to make the switch? Your problem, free to use (soon) outdated stuff, but then don't complain when the new things don't work. Codies won't go bankrupt because a few dudes put their feet down on their forum

Edited by TheWalker17
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Its always a new game that forced me to use a new OS, Id still be on Win2k if the games worked on it. That said I'm very late to an OS and dont get full value cos they get dropped by MS a few years after I join.

Win2k,  XP,  7.............suppose I have to put 10 on my main rig.

I put 10 on my work rig a couple of months ago and it can be made to look and behave like 7 (majorgeeks), and  I've always used classic windows theme, never any XP or 10 look.

Here is classic shell on Win 10, looks like win2k 🙂

20190724_125104.jpg

Edited by Loggy
cos
  • Like 1

well....... I was looking forward to playing Grid 2019 until i saw this thread.  :classic_sad:

Im still using win 7 atm