Jump to content

Anyone else despise Monaco?

Recommended Posts

With a wheel, I hated it in Formula C in PCars and I hate it in this game. lol  It is always one hairpin away from needing reconstructive surgery on my wrists from smacking the wall.

No clue how real drivers handle this track. Especially guys like Senna and Hamilton that just dominate it. It's going to take a Miserable 50 or 100 more laps to even get remotely good at it for this week's deal. 😕

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always been poor at it in F1 games. Have to half the ai level just to keep up. It's just me though as watched a streamer and he was just as competitive there. Funny you mention pcars I did an online race in Ginetta Juniors there couple nights ago and came 2nd not one wall scrape. All that high speed crashing in F1 games had given me an edge over the other drivers I guess in track limits! 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone is doing the weekly event!🤪

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

With a wheel, I hated it in Formula C in PCars and I hate it in this game. lol  It is always one hairpin away from needing reconstructive surgery on my wrists from smacking the wall.

No clue how real drivers handle this track. Especially guys like Senna and Hamilton that just dominate it. It's going to take a Miserable 50 or 100 more laps to even get remotely good at it for this week's deal. 😕

I sooo cant bielve you put Senna in the same sentence as Hamilton, unless of coarse you ment the cool one, Nicholas.

Its like RFactor 2 and Forza 7,

If they only force cockpit and black screen on one circuit, it needs to be this one,

 

As for Monaco, LOVE IT.

Edited by BluntRS
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It used to be fun up until a few games ago. I don't know exactly when it became unbearable, but at one point, it was actually manageable and enjoyable. Now it's pure cancer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HDR10 I agree whole heartedly.  It was a few games ago it was fun.  You set down force to preset 1 and you had something called wheel lock.  Which allowed the front wheels to have a larger turning radius.  With both of those you could maneuver quite well.  It was still tight but you more control and we’re much more competitive.  Here lately I run a few laps then quit because I cannot keep up.  Just to give an idea I race on 48 difficulty as to have challenge.  I run in the top ten with an occasional victory running with Toro Rosso.  Just did a Monaco race set difficulty to zero could not do anything.  AI just ran right by me.  As understeer was so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Thefallenone5493 said:

Monaco, I am also so bad at it. Sometimes i just simulate it XD

I did also in my Career.lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BluntRS said:

I sooo cant bielve you put Senna in the same sentence as Hamilton, unless of coarse you ment the cool one, Nicholas.

Its like RFactor 2 and Forza 7,

If they only force cockpit and black screen on one circuit, it needs to be this one,

 

As for Monaco, LOVE IT.

Lewis absolutely dominates it, also.  But yeah, cockpit or die! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't like i ttha tmuch usually I just turn the AI down and just do my best really though I've just won the 2 races there in my F2 championship. I've always struggled there in Codies games but previous t otha I did OK. I do win occasionally there but njot often enough to really boast about. But for me it's the same at Suzuka I've always struggled at the more narrow twistier tracks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same for me can't go through corners without understeer I'm using 10/11 wings. Am actually quicker in classic red bull than mercedes. Seems to have more downforce. But am still slow 1.15.8.is my best time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, poulka22 said:

@HDR10 I agree whole heartedly.  It was a few games ago it was fun.  You set down force to preset 1 and you had something called wheel lock.  Which allowed the front wheels to have a larger turning radius.  With both of those you could maneuver quite well.  It was still tight but you more control and we’re much more competitive.  Here lately I run a few laps then quit because I cannot keep up.  Just to give an idea I race on 48 difficulty as to have challenge.  I run in the top ten with an occasional victory running with Toro Rosso.  Just did a Monaco race set difficulty to zero could not do anything.  AI just ran right by me.  As understeer was so bad.

I've only played it elsewhere on PCars 2 and in Formula C. It was brutal. The one hairpin a few corners before the tunnel is absolute Hell. It makes Long Beach feel like a parking lot. I get that it is a real and very old track, but man it is not fun for me.lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It's a patience track, don't push, don't force the issue, leave 10% on the table and you'll actually find out you're going quite ok.

Edited by LChaves01
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the track, but in the race I hope some technical issue makes me give up 😄 it is so tough to manage, without "flashback" function I would never make it the whole race. But as I said in the beginning, somehow I like the track. I think it is this Monaco feeling which makes me liking it 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, CarloLewis said:

I'm terrible at it, but I actually like it. Maybe I'm a sadist? 🤔

Exact opposite for me. I'm weirdly excellent at it, having lapped the 110% AI in the Manor in 2016 and the Haas in 2017 and coming within a few seconds and a single car (Bottas) of repeating the feat in 2018, but I absolutely detest it. It's uninteresting, outdated and makes for poor racing, and the messy, crashy, slow AI only makes that worse. Multiplayer isn't an option here as racing here is the last thing you want to do with the F1 series' notorious netcode. Of the tracks on the current calendar only Baku is worse, and even that is debatable.

It's awesome in GPL, but that's with the cars from the '60s. It's been more than half a decade since.

 

1 hour ago, LChaves01 said:

It's a patience track, don't push, don't force the issue, leave 10% on the table and you'll actually find out you're going quite ok.

And this is probably why I hate it. Qualifying is the only time it's enjoyable and that's just because you have to leave only maybe 2-3% on the table as opposed to the 10% from the race. When you have to stay that far off your limit, all pretense of skill is thrown out the window. This applies to the CM F1 rendition of Monaco more than any other because once you've learned to keep the car out of the walls, it takes more effort and skill to make the AI stick to the outside on the entrance to the Nouvelle chicane to stop it from crashing on the inside wall when defending or being lapped than it does to actually drive around on race day.

 

8 hours ago, BluntRS said:

I sooo cant bielve you put Senna in the same sentence as Hamilton

Why? Hamilton is better than Senna at this point. It doesn't take much since Senna is, as of right now, not even in the all-time top 5 anymore. He was excellent for his time, but that's more because only Schumacher physically trained harder than he did and he effectively pioneered the idea of doing that sort of training.

I find it amazing how people hail Hamilton as some sort of god right now yet still think that he isn't better than Senna. Hamilton never had to intentionally take his (superior) championship rival out to win against inferior machinery the way Senna did in 1990.

Edited by Coffer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monaco is a tricky one for me it depends how much im on it on the day some times im well on it but then other the flashback button is me best friend just depends if im in the mood for that track . First race there on 19 was mega my quali lap felt perfect qualified 3rd in racing point on my last q run but every other quali lap I tried threwbout the weekend was always 9th 10th but got that perfect lap finished 5th threw been jumped at pit stop but I drove that race as the do in real life as slow as possible and defended when needed . Then 2nd time around I couldent find the sweetspot with the car as first time q 9th finished 10th . And aslso last year game most tracks I would run 98 difficulty but for monaco I had to drop it to 84 which is a big drop just to keep up with a1 but this year started of 96 for first race felt a touch to easy so upped to a hundred and never dropped it even for monaco which I had to last year . But it is a track were if you find that sweet spot you can make more of a diffrence than the car as I was well buzzing with my first quali there to q 3rd in racing point with 6th fastest car and knowing my difficulty wax spot on as had to defend like hell threw out race thats when I drove as the do in real life round there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

I like the track, but in the race I hope some technical issue makes me give up 😄 it is so tough to manage, without "flashback" function I would never make it the whole race. But as I said in the beginning, somehow I like the track. I think it is this Monaco feeling which makes me liking it 😉

I literally just finished my first career weekend there. I hate it too. I just cannot be competitive and keep it out the wall consistently. I turned flashbacks on for this one race, so I was able to actually complete the race instead of simulating like I have done every other year. Took almost 3 hours.... thank god that track is done for 20 races. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the part from the tunnel to Rascasse. But yeah, the rest sucks and it’s the only track where I allow myself unlimited flashbacks. At 100% distance, theres just no way I can complete the race otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I love the part from the tunnel to Rascasse. But yeah, the rest sucks and it’s the only track where I allow myself unlimited flashbacks. At 100% distance, theres just no way I can complete the race otherwise.

I can barely tolerate doing 20 laps around the place don't think I'd have the patience to do the better part of 80

 

5 hours ago, LChaves01 said:

It's a patience track, don't push, don't force the issue, leave 10% on the table and you'll actually find out you're going quite ok.

Yeah it's a track that rewards patience on these games. On most tracks you can create your own opportunities whereas at Monaco you really have to wait for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Took almost 3 hours.... thank god that track is done for 20 races. 

Which distance are you using ? 😄

I am driving on 50%, but yes, those 36 laps are enough. I quit after the gearbox got stuck the third time, this is ok then to stop the car 😉

But as I said, I am looking forward when I am competitive because I somehow like Monaco. With my first year Alfa I cannot compete, made it to P15 in qualifying, race, no chance due to gearbox and bad tyre decision from me. But Baku is not better at all, this track I do not like at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally i like Monaco. It's a cool feeling to race on this small track with no safety zone. 72 laps are a big mental challenge and every mistake will terminate the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Akkan74 said:

Normally i like Monaco. It's a cool feeling to race on this small track with no safety zone. 72 laps are a big mental challenge and every mistake will terminate the race.

Clearly its a mental challenge, since you apparently finished 6 laps short of actual race distance :classic_biggrin:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Clearly its a mental challenge, since you apparently finished 6 laps short of actual race distance :classic_biggrin:

Oh, it's 78? :classic_blink: Looks like i've been driven in trance the last laps. :classic_happy:

Edited by Akkan74
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×