Anyone else despise Monaco?

3 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I have the feeling that Russell has jumped Ocon in the pecking order. Wolff has already openly discussed the possibility of releasing Ocon from his Mercedes deal in order to allow him to pursue other opportunities. I still think he'll take Hülkenberg's seat for next year, though I think he'd be a great fit as a lead driver for Haas.

True, I think Russell has shown great maturity and speed even in such a horrendous car as the Williams. I do feel for Ocon, god knows where he would go though - i've been super impressed with all the rookies this season.

14 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

How long is Lando locked in to McLaren? 

Hasnt he just signed a 2 year extension? i know him and Sainz been retained for next season 

Just got my first win at Monaco in several years. 100% race, 105 difficulty. It's actually pretty fun this year.

KZCAWTy.jpg

Posted (edited)

I prefer monaco over Singapore 

...i hate them both, however.

Edited by PublicEnemyAU
Spelling

Just did a 60 lap session of full wet Monaco in Time Trial. I think I got to 7th overall (3rd w/o assists) in a McLaren. In the wet the track is actually great fun, a never-ending dance on the edge. However, TT track limits are utterly broken in Monaco. You gain over a second by driving the hairpin along the wall with full throttle.

3 hours ago, PublicEnemyAU said:

I prefer monaco over Singapore 

...i hate them both, however.

For me I prefer Singapore at least there are places to overtake there. Though like Spain and Monaco Singapore and Japan I don't enjoy as much but I have to admit I prefer Singapore and Japan over Spain and Monaco.

9 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

For me I prefer Singapore at least there are places to overtake there. Though like Spain and Monaco Singapore and Japan I don't enjoy as much but I have to admit I prefer Singapore and Japan over Spain and Monaco.

Suzuka??? Really? Easily my favorite track.

I like Monaco and Singapore, but I also like it when those races are done. For Spain, it's just that last sector that's awful.

The one track I truly dislike is Austin.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I think it might be easier to understand if he doesn't play any other pure sims or simcades besides the F1 games. The track flows really badly in these games and that NASTY bump after the final corner is hard to ignore. Conversely, in Assetto Corsa, Automobilista and other sims the track is awesome, even for someone like me who normally loves slow corners and tracks that spam them (Singapore, Abu Dhabi).

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Its weord. I just cant get any flow going on Singapore and it throws me right out

6 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I like Monaco and Singapore, but I also like it when those races are done. For Spain, it's just that last sector that's awful.

The one track I truly dislike is Austin.

Yeah it's just a bit too narrow for my liking I find it hard to overtake there. It's mostly the first sector really though the Esses I just can't seem to get a rhythm there no matter how hard I try. But then Suzuka hs always been a track I struggle with but like with Monjaco I'm just happy after I've finished it that I don't have to worry about it again till the next season. I'm pretty handy around Austin though especially around the DRS sections though I do struggle a little bit with the Maggots/Beckets sequence they copied from Silverstone. I think it's more anything that requires a quick change of direction tends to throw me a bit.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PublicEnemyAU said:

Its weord. I just cant get any flow going on Singapore and it throws me right out

Yeah I think it helps that Singapore at least has some straights on it which is something Monaco doesn't have.

Edited by sjsharp2010

5 hours ago, Coffer said:

I think it might be easier to understand if he doesn't play any other pure sims or simcades besides the F1 games. The track flows really badly in these games and that NASTY bump after the final corner is hard to ignore. Conversely, in Assetto Corsa, Automobilista and other sims the track is awesome, even for someone like me who normally loves slow corners and tracks that spam them (Singapore, Abu Dhabi).

I have played other racing games such as Assetto Corsa. Suzuka's just not the kind of track that suits my driving.

Monaco/Hungary/Hokenheim awful, boring go-kart tracks.

1 hour ago, Rup said:

Monaco/Hungary/Hokenheim awful, boring go-kart tracks.

I like Hungary and Hockenheim so I don't have a problem with either of those tracks.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, GioProductions said:

My weakest tracks are simple; Spain and Monaco :classic_biggrin: never did a race on those 2 tracks without damage/DNF :classic_laugh:

Yeah they're definitely my weakest too my strongest are Canada Bahrain and Abu Dhabi. Though back on the older games I was quite handy around Valencia as well. I quite enjoyed driving that track on F1 2010-12 the AI just couldn't get near me.

I love driving in Austria and Britain - feels just so free and fun to drive, i quite like Abu Dabhi too

1 hour ago, mRfLoZe said:

I love driving in Austria and Britain - feels just so free and fun to drive, i quite like Abu Dabhi too

Yeah Austria's another of my stronger tracks not quite my favourite but it is one of the tracks I tend to go well at. Probably because I've raced it on so many different games that I know it so well.

• Agree 1

I don't like Monaco, Mexico or Spain. The tracks seem claustrophobic to me, and I like fast driving, wide. Yesterday, for the first time I took a simulation instead of driving myself in Monaco and saved 30 minutes in my life (race 25%). The location of the track is nice, but the track itself is incredibly boring.

• Agree 1

that one corner at Monaco were basically you have to stop just makes it not fun to drive............would love to drive it in a smaller nimble open wheeler like the Pro Mazda from iRacing

Singapore after you learn it is fun to drive but dont like US circuit ( this weeks )

• Agree 1

I don't mind Monaco; ...it's no-where near as one of my favourites, but I race 100% Race Distance so strategy is so very important. I love the strategy behind F1-2019 almost as much as racing (driving) it.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, will54 said:

that one corner at Monaco were basically you have to stop just makes it not fun to drive............would love to drive it in a smaller nimble open wheeler like the Pro Mazda from iRacing

Singapore after you learn it is fun to drive but dont like US circuit ( this weeks )

Yeah, that corner sucks! PCars and this game, it can be a wrist breaker with a wheel.lol

Singapore was tough, but now that I learned it I like it.

Agreed on COTA. It's not great.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:45 AM, will54 said:

I don't mind COTAth eonly bit I hav eissues with is the little Maggots and Beckett's style section just after the start other than that I tend to go quite well there