Sign in to follow this  

GRID 2019 PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Posted (edited)

I made this topic to warn PC users that the game requires dx12 so Windows 10 OS to run as minimum requirements... The GT 640 very weak at minimum and looks that the game will be well optimized for low-budget pc (at least about gpu) but what i was not expected is the game to requires dx12 as minimum  requirement.... In fact i did not expect that CM would move Grid to dx12 even as optional / recommended .. I have mixed feelings about that because while i was waiting for many years CM to definately move to dx12 (talking about dirt/grid games , i know that last 2 F1 games support dx12 but i am not fan/buyer of F1 series) But i was expecting to let players with older gpus (dx11 - previous windows versions) to run the game ... I am afraid that this will reduce the number of the players in online lobbies as many prefer to use windows 7 or any other OS and not w10 and some other have not dx12 gpu so they can not run it.. I have both windows 10 and dx12 gpu so no problem for me..

Something that surprised me is that in recommended requires GTX1080 which is a monsta and keeps 100gb disk space .. Dirt rally 2.0 which has open fields required 50gb at launch...

What is your opinion about systerm requirements? Can you run the game?

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i3 2130 / AMD FX4300
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GT 640 / HD7750
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 100 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
    • Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5 8600k / AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1080 / RX590
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 100 GB available space
    • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
    • Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

© 2019 The Codemasters Software Company Limited ("Codemasters"). All rights reserve

Edited by Miatakias_GR

F1 2019 has a compatibility mode for DX11, but I assume that's because they transferred from DX11 to DX12. I feel like GRID has been developed from the ground up with DX12 and not 11. This is actually great news for the future as they can focus on the DX12 support from here on out.

DX12 was originally announced for EGO3 back in 2015. I believe that is enough time to switch from W7-8-8.1 to W10.

• Agree 1

I'm still questioning that GTX 1080 requirement. Both the minimum cars are within range of each other but the recommended ones are too far apart, performance-wise. If those are, indeed, the requirements, then I can't help but conclude poor optimization for Nvidia cards.

1 hour ago, warpengage said:

I'm still questioning that GTX 1080 requirement. Both the minimum cars are within range of each other but the recommended ones are too far apart, performance-wise. If those are, indeed, the requirements, then I can't help but conclude poor optimization for Nvidia cards.

You are right 1080 at least 30% more powerful than 590 its an other weird thing about requirements ..i hope with my 1060 6gb + 16gb ram+ryzen 1600x ti be able to run it at 60 stable fps with mixed setting most medium to high some off like motion blur ect.. If it's well optimized normally i will have not problem to run it 

Posted (edited)

any possibility of these min specs changing? doubtful.

With those min specs I cant play.

I have win 7 and need a new HD and then I would be worried about me GTX 1080 

I was looking forward to this game.  :classic_sad:

Edited by ch3sty