Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Wheel vs. Controller Ps4

Recommended Posts

Hey guys.. Are you having the same view that it looks like the pad drivers are much faster than wheel drivers? I have been driving active in league racing for 8-9 years but this year the Pad drivers are 6-7 tenth quicker than us wheel drivers.. Are you guys having the same issue? I think it would be equal and not that one thing is faster then the other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But people wich were over a second slower in the last 2-3 years as the elite in our league is now 2 tenth faster.... And this is nothing with practice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are probably right. I feel I can keep up much better this year. Probably has to do with the weekly events. It's just no fun racing online with a pad if you can't keep up with wheels. That's why I never played online much, you are slower so it's no fun. this year online has been much more fun. I don't actually see the problems for leagues either, nobody is disadvantaged and if you do feel so set up a league with wheels only. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that people with pad can now go much faster than wheel users... You spend a lot of money on a wheel and get a disadvantage... Kind of ridicilous or what you think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lucsus1989 said:

The problem is that people with pad can now go much faster than wheel users... You spend a lot of money on a wheel and get a disadvantage... Kind of ridicilous or what you think

I don’t believe there’s a single reason why a pad user would be quicker than a wheel user. How did you come to this conclusion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have in our league several pad drivers wich where about a second and more slower as the elite wheel drivers.. And in this game they are suddenly equal fast and faster than the wheel drivers.. And we have someone in our league wich can drive wheel and pad.. And he also said that if you drive with pad you can carry much more speed through the corners und more traction on the exit.. 

Other case we have one driver wich is driving with pad and has always been very fast but had all assists on he has now turned off traction control and 5 hours later he runes a 11,8 in hockenheim... None of our wheel drivers can match that time.. And we are talking about guys wich has driven wheel and non assist for a very long time.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does feel better with a pad this year (I tried it out last week) but that’s really weird. The input styles are essentially the same between the two, however pretty much all decent wheels have better resolution than controllers, which should give wheel users more overall precision.

I’m still skeptical, but if true that’s very strange indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

It does feel better with a pad this year (I tried it out last week) but that’s really weird. The input styles are essentially the same between the two, however pretty much all decent wheels have better resolution than controllers, which should give wheel users more overall precision.

I’m still skeptical, but if true that’s very strange indeed.

Pad is having better traction than wheel. Basically it's easy to notice in wet conditions, also when accelerating from slow speed corners, pad is getting so much better traction. However I'm just waiting for the patch as it will increase downforce, which might make it easier for wheel and level the playing field between wheel and pad.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lucsus1989 said:

The problem is that people with pad can now go much faster than wheel users... You spend a lot of money on a wheel and get a disadvantage... Kind of ridicilous or what you think

Haven’t raced in league yet, but in career it seems that the handling model simulates more real world data so in theory the wheel should be faster, as for spending money on the wheel, depending on what you have. It’s for your own enjoyment. My setup is a club sport attached to an f1 GT with loadcell, my next investment is a really decent gaming pc. In my opinion once you invest in anything at the high mid end or above, console racing is in some ways pointless, as outside of asseto Corsa there are no titles that really make the wheel worth the expense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To really compare PAD vs Wheel traction we should have the same car side by side (one wheel, one pad) with exactly the same amount of throttle input. I think it is nearly impossible. If someone says he has more traction with PAD, maybe he is better with his finger for low input adjustments than with his foot.

It is really hard to say it's there or not. Maybe the higher downforce and less understeer fits the PAD player a bit better than wheel player. I don't know, but i'm a bit skeptical about such accusations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to prove this is I guess is by setting a faster lap yourself with a pad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, lucsus1989 said:

We have in our league several pad drivers wich where about a second and more slower as the elite wheel drivers.. And in this game they are suddenly equal fast and faster than the wheel drivers.. And we have someone in our league wich can drive wheel and pad.. And he also said that if you drive with pad you can carry much more speed through the corners und more traction on the exit.. 

Other case we have one driver wich is driving with pad and has always been very fast but had all assists on he has now turned off traction control and 5 hours later he runes a 11,8 in hockenheim... None of our wheel drivers can match that time.. And we are talking about guys wich has driven wheel and non assist for a very long time.. 

Does he use manual gears?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×