Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

patch 1.05 ruined AI

Recommended Posts

and again, no more fights, now AI when outing side on side with you on end of corner, just slowdown the car to back to ideal racing line behing you, giving the position like in last version of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

I really hope not as the AI was very good in 1.04

yes, i agree, but unfortunatelly codemasters destroyed the AI again

Edited by squalles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same, same ... again and again.

This kind of statements can be found everywhere: People only say or write something when they are not satisfied with the current situation and want need to complain. Everybody else who is satisfied with this is just quiet (and simply enjoys it).

Like in this example, all those people liked the AI in 1.04 where silent and the late-brakers complained heavily against the AI. Now it's vice versa, the people happy with the AI in 1.04 are upset with the cautious AI in 1.05.

Maybe a better (rewarding?) feedback system --any kind of positive or negative-- would be more helpful for Codemasters @Faya to find the true path?

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KrazyLurt said:

Ai seems fine after the update

Certainly no less aggressive...¬†ūü§£

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Certainly no less aggressive...¬†ūü§£

 

read again the topic to understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimeShot said:

Same, same ... again and again.

This kind of statements can be found everywhere: People only say or write something when they are not satisfied with the current situation and want need to complain. Everybody else who is satisfied with this is just quiet (and simply enjoys it).

Like in this example, all those people liked the AI in 1.04 where silent and the late-brakers complained heavily against the AI. Now it's vice versa, the people happy with the AI in 1.04 are upset with the cautious AI in 1.05.

Maybe a better (rewarding?) feedback system --any kind of positive or negative-- would be more helpful for Codemasters @Faya to find the true path?

 

Regarding getting feedback, I do wonder why games companies can't have some kind of feedback form prompt when you launch the game after say 2-3 weeks or x many hours of playing it for everyone to have access to and get better feedback from more people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that not happened to me. The IA keeps agressive. The only way to back them up is when they calculates that the car will be out of track during the fight. Thats what I realized after running a lot of tests with flashbacks..

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squalles said:

read again the topic to understand

Stop being dumb. I was solely replying to his comment, not refuting the truth of the thread.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Stop being dumb. I was solely replying to his comment, not refuting the truth of the thread. ÔĽŅ

read the topic again (3rd time) and try understand when and what happen

  • Disagree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Si is better or the same aggression. This post is complete delusional malarkey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, squalles said:

and again, no more fights, now AI when outing side on side with you on end of corner, just slowdown the car to back to ideal racing line behing you, giving the position like in last version of the game

Nope, the AI was previously bugged to not account for the player nearly enough in the mid-corner and corner exit phases. If that's what you interpret as aggression then you were completely wrong in the first place, and if they fixed that, then I'm quite happy as it made F2 unplayable on 110% with the AI's tendency to go upwards of 4 wide into slow corners and straight-up corner cut to do so.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coffer said:

Nope, the AI was previously bugged to not account for the player nearly enough in the mid-corner and corner exit phases. If that's what you interpret as aggression then you were completely wrong in the first place, and if they fixed that, then I'm quite happy as it made F2 unplayable on 110% with the AI's tendency to go upwards of 4 wide into slow corners and straight-up corner cut to do so.

you¬īre wrong, AI just remains in your own line before, if you crash on him its just because you tried back to line ignoring him, but you will be happy now, AI slowdown the car and give you the ideal racing line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

Certainly no less aggressive...¬†ūü§£

 

Indeed in fact I'd say they're slightly more aggressive because they were almost performing like 2013's AI the way they were hitting me in Hungary though it may partly have been the new wet weather pace given it was a wet race. But again this is in F2 not F1 so not sure if that makes a difference as I was playing an F2 championship

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, TimeShot said:

Same, same ... again and again.

This kind of statements can be found everywhere: People only say or write something when they are not satisfied with the current situation and want need to complain. Everybody else who is satisfied with this is just quiet (and simply enjoys it).

Like in this example, all those people liked the AI in 1.04 where silent and the late-brakers complained heavily against the AI. Now it's vice versa, the people happy with the AI in 1.04 are upset with the cautious AI in 1.05.

Maybe a better (rewarding?) feedback system --any kind of positive or negative-- would be more helpful for Codemasters @Faya to find the true path?

I could not agree more. Reading basically every post on this forum, it seems like the game is total garbage, which is not! It's a game, it can't replicate the real life 100%, it's obvious. 

I tested quickly the game with the new patch 1.05 and I have to say that AI is still aggressive (wheel to wheel with Sainz through the 2 Lesmo at Monza), and yes, it is way faster...TT at Silverston I was 2 seconds faster than my previous time..on first attempt!!! 

I have still to test further but so far, Codemasters seems to have done a good job.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right I've just had a go on the PS4 1.05 patch. The AI are no different which is a good news. I haven't noticed any difference.

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

Right I've just had a go on the PS4 1.05 patch. The AI are no different which is a good news. I haven't noticed any difference.

Do they still try to actively block your overtakes on straights? This was my favorite feature. They'd always leave just enough of a gap inside, giving you the choice to back off or take a heavily comprised line into the braking zone & next turn.

I loved the AI before, and while I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as some are suggesting here on 1.05, I'm probably going to hold off on installing the patch for a few days until I know more. Still have three races to go in S1 of career mode anyway. Any info is much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes they still block the inside I haven't noticed any difference. Tried it out at Silverstone and Bahrain at 105% AI. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Do they still try to actively block your overtakes on straights? This was my favorite feature. They'd always leave just enough of a gap inside, giving you the choice to back off or take a heavily comprised line into the braking zone & next turn.

I loved the AI before, and while I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as some are suggesting here on 1.05, I'm probably going to hold off on installing the patch for a few days until I know more. Still have three races to go in S1 of career mode anyway. Any info is much appreciated.

Yes they do as I did have to feint one way and then go another in order to get past one of them during one of my F2 races yesterday

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

Yes they still block the inside I haven't noticed any difference. Tried it out at Silverstone and Bahrain at 105% AI. 

They still block the inside and will still try and overtake, the one area the 1.05 patch has completely neutered the AI is running side by side into/through a corner, they now back out of it every single time, a big downgrade from 1.04. A patient, nuanced overtake is no longer required.

It’s a real shame and no doubt a result of all the noobs divebombing the AI and complaining when they damage their front wings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×