Frustrated New Player F1 2019

Just want to say that this is a great thread to read as a noob to F1 and F1 2019 in particular. I've had the game for a few days and to be honest am a bit overwhelmed with the rules and technical side of F1 but reading this thread has explained a lot of the nuances of the game. Thanks to all who have posted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrogs said:

Just want to say that this is a great thread to read as a noob to F1 and F1 2019 in particular. I've had the game for a few days and to be honest am a bit overwhelmed with the rules and technical side of F1 but reading this thread has explained a lot of the nuances of the game. Thanks to all who have posted.

Yeah, there are always forums like these where you can ask for help in understanding how it all works and people will always help. I'm glad that you're understanding it better and ofc if you have any other questions, be sure to ask 😃

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scrogs said:

I am ready for F1 2020. 

A little update, the more I played the more I learned, the game gets much easier as you get gentler on the wheel and it also gets much better as your car improves. About midseason even starting with a midpack car (McClaren) I was usually winning pole and winning the race, sometimes very easily. So even though it starts out very frustrating due to lack of instructions, you will eventually get it figured out, and this post will help with those basics! I wish the real F1 2020 season would get started!!

On 5/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, F15DOC said:

A little update, the more I played the more I learned, the game gets much easier as you get gentler on the wheel and it also gets much better as your car improves. About midseason even starting with a midpack car (McClaren) I was usually winning pole and winning the race, sometimes very easily. So even though it starts out very frustrating due to lack of instructions, you will eventually get it figured out, and this post will help with those basics! I wish the real F1 2020 season would get started!!

Glad to hear you stuck it out. I can't wait for F1 to start either. I'm also really looking forward to the new 2020 game to release. Especially with the ERS changes. I got used to making ERS and fuel adjustments on the fly every lap, probably 1000 adjustments per race which is ridiculous. It'll be nice to be able to concentrate on the racing and not micro adjustments the entire race.