Sign in to follow this  

Can you please fix the Silverstone pit speed limit during the race? [ZX]

Question

The speed limit (during the race) is supposed 80km/h in the pitlane, however in the last 3 or 4 games it has been incorrectly set as 60km/h. 

In real life the pit lane loss time is about 18.5-20 seconds. In the last few games (including 2019) a normal pit stop will get you about 27-28 seconds in pit lane loss time.

The slower speed limit means making an alternate/extra stop strategy is harder to pull off.

10 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

...also, the pit limit line may be in the wrong position as well. In real life it may actually be closer to the pits than in the game. Please have a look at this.

EDIT - i've looked at onboard footage and the placement of the pit lane limit line seems to be correct. It's just the speed limit that needs updating.

Edited by niblips
correction

I can't possibly be the only person that is annoyed by this oversight year after year. How hard could this be to correct? 

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, niblips said:

I can't possibly be the only person that is annoyed by this oversight year after year. How hard could this be to correct? 

We checked all the pit limits were 50/80 not 37/60 and all the tracks we were given were correct. (They had to correct the images). We didn't get all the tracks.

Edited by Faya
Removed beta quote/text/image
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a quote to a thread from the beta forum. The Terms and Conditions from the beta does not lift after the beta has ended, so you are not allowed to share images/threads from the beta.

I'll pass this along to the team. Thanks for the post.

3 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Please note I've removed a quote to a thread from the beta forum. The Terms and Conditions from the beta does not lift after the beta has ended, so you are not allowed to share images/threads from the beta.

I'll pass this along to the team. Thanks for the post.

Thanks,

Just to note, Silverstone and Suzuka have incorrect pit speed limits. I haven't compared the rest of the circuits to real life to know if there are anymore that are incorrect.

As of real life 2019, Silverstone's pit lane speed limit is 80KPH. But, in-game, it is set to 60KPH. Just tried on 1.07 and still not fixed so I thought I'd point this out.

I've only tried Ranked and had to pit at Paul Ricard, think it was 60KPH there too. This would be embarassing if it was the case. All the tracks are 80KPH AFAIK in 2019.

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

I've only tried Ranked and had to pit at Paul Ricard, think it was 60KPH there too. This would be embarassing if it was the case. All the tracks are 80KPH AFAIK in 2019.

I'm fairly sure that at the very least Australia/Monaco/Paul Ricard are all still 60 in real life

2 hours ago, dogryan100 said:

I'm fairly sure that at the very least Australia/Monaco/Paul Ricard are all still 60 in real life

There's nothing in the sporting regs to vary any pitlane speeds from 80KPH. All you quote have happened IRL, just need some footage.

image.thumb.png.191f13f9dc0ce65d68fd75337d594dbb.png

image.thumb.png.8ed39334619a48f9dac06caf25f7e6fd.png

Can't find France but I believe you 😉