1.05 is some kind of misunderstanding

Performance fixes are quite poor, Haas better than McLaren, Racing Point better than Renault, Toro Rosso better than Alfa Romeo, like since when?
Improving braking to reduce lap time is propably the worst of options, you can comfortably brake on 100m mark into T1 on Monza.

Fix this

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

But they do brake at the 100m board in Monza in real life so why shouldn’t that be the case in the game? In fact they still brake later at T1 than we can in the game so if anything we should be able to brake even later. Another example Copse is an easy flat out corner but in the game it’s still very hard to do unless you’re in one of the best cars

Edited by ptank20
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MarcinRyba said:

yikes
if thats 100 to you..

About 130m imo

Edit: and we know they brake much later this year because of the insane amount of grip so 100m is not that strange tbh

Edited by EstrayOne
  • Agree 2

Well, until we see it, we can't really say.

120m before T1 at Monza is about as far as I'd be willing to push tbh

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MarcinRyba said:

Performance fixes are quite poor, Haas better than McLaren, Racing Point better than Renault, Toro Rosso better than Alfa Romeo, like since when?

These are the Australia qualifying stats. Haas were monstrous and Renault struggled. What's so hard to understand? This even lines up nicely with the driver stats as the Toro Rosso drivers have average stats in the game while Raikkonen is one of the best drivers and is the only reason Alfa got into Q3 and scored points in that race.

Improving braking to reduce lap time is propably the worst of options, you can comfortably brake on 100m mark into T1 on Monza.

?

They primarily buffed the front downforce, which is exactly what they got horribly wrong when they released the game as they, just like Pirelli and the media, fully expected the pre-season prediction of losing 1.5-2 seconds per lap to come true, which would've happened as a result of the simplified front wing. Odds are the Mercedes will absolutely be able to brake at the 100m mark at Monza this year because it's a monster.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, MarcinRyba said:

yikes
if thats 100 to you..

no it’s not it’s just before but dunno about you but i can’t brake later than that on the game

The AI is broken after the patch. Had the same issues. Also started a new carrer. Drove 3 races in a redbull. The merc + Ferraris were faster but everytime they tried to overtake they broke up and followed each other....lets hope they fix it and go back to the 1.04 AI.... 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Real Life: Ferrari gaining nearly half a second on the straights while Mercedes slower because of drag. McLaren once of the fastest Cars on the straights.

Game after Patch 1.05: Mercedes is still faster, McLaren still the slowest.

codies, what are you smoking?

Edited by Jaketa
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 7/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, ptank20 said:

But they do brake at the 100m board in Monza in real life so why shouldn’t that be the case in the game? In fact they still brake later at T1 than we can in the game so if anything we should be able to brake even later. Another example Copse is an easy flat out corner but in the game it’s still very hard to do unless you’re in one of the best cars

Copse is not flat out in real life. 

• Disagree 3

3 minutes ago, Swift747 said:

It should be possible in a lower order car with enough wing. Although that would lose you too much times on the straights to be an effective setup. But it SHOULD be possible if you want to driver that way. 

8 minutes ago, Swift747 said:

In Qualy? Yes it is.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Swift747 said:

Even slowest car on the grid was flat out in Copse, with min speed ~287 kph.

The British Gp literally happened on Sunday, how do you expect CM to know how the cars are going to handle before the races and practice sessions? I’m sure this patch has been in the works since release.

Also I doubt the teams are qeueing up to give away their simulator data.

2 minutes ago, JR6492 said:

The British Gp literally happened on Sunday, how do you expect CM to know how the cars are going to handle before the races and practice sessions? I’m sure this patch has been in the works since release.

Also I doubt the teams are qeueing up to give away their simulator data.

If this is in response to the 'Copse' remarks, it might be worth noting it has been flat out in qualy ever since the 2017 regulation changes.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

If this is in response to the 'Copse' remarks, it might be worth noting it has been flat out in qualy ever since the 2017 regulation changes.

Yes but taking into account the expected loss in downforce, it’s reasonable that it isn’t flat out in game at the moment.

On 7/17/2019 at 1:07 AM, EstrayOne said:

and we know they brake much later this year because of the insane amount of grip so 100m is not that strange tbh

What are you smoking? Braking from 340km/h in 100m is humanly and technically impossible. I am no physicist but use your imagination sometimes.

Copse is flatout and the cars do brake much later this year compared to the past seasons.

Also,

...the cars need to be even faster than what we got with the 1.05 patch.

At the moment both the AI and the players are not able to fully reach the ridiculous cornering speeds at certain tracks or specific notorious highspeed corners and therefore are slower all the way up to over a second, Spain for example is currently a problematic track for this purpose.

Spain GP pole laptimes (Real life, Time Trial, AI)

1:15:4 real life pole time.

1:16:7 currently the fastest Time Trial entry on PS4 (18.07.2019)

1:16:9 the median pole laptime of the AI around Spain (did 100 runs in Grand Prix Mode at 110 AI to get the numbers and calculate the "median")

Btw, what i found quite striking about most of the setups used by the fastest Time Trial drivers, they usually tend to use minimal aero to maximize straightline topspeed at the expense of cornering ability, whereas irl the topspeeds are low but cornering speed is out of this world.

CM need to rebalance this by making us go for cornering speed over topspeed, as it should be if compared to real life performances.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SturmDesTodes said:

1:16:9 the median pole laptime of the AI around Spain (did 100 runs in Grand Prix Mode at 110 AI to get the numbers and calculate the "median")

If you truly did 100 runs in qualifying, I'm assuming you used simulated time as otherwise you'd have been busy for days...

Which complicates matters given the whole 'sim times do not match up with actual on track times by the AI' issue that persists in this game.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

If you truly did 100 runs in qualifying, I'm assuming you used simulated time as otherwise you'd have been busy for days...

Which complicates matters given the whole 'sim times do not match up with actual on track times by the AI' issue that persists in this game.

Yes, simulated laptimes (80 runs were simulated) were in the high 1:16's or low 1:17's, actual test runs with me driving the whole event (did 20 runs myself in total) were in the mid 1:16's or high 1:16's.

The fastest time of 1:16:4 was done by a Mercedes car, LH44, during my 20 runs that i did myself. (Slowest in this 20 lap run was a 1:17:0)

The slowest time of 1:17:2 was done by a Mercedes car, LH44, during the 80 sim runs. (Fastest in this 80 lap sim run was a 1:16:5)

4 hours ago, JR6492 said:

Yes but taking into account the expected loss in downforce, it’s reasonable that it isn’t flat out in game at the moment.

This was supposed to be the patch rectifying the performance given that initially everyone expected the cars to be slower but now turns out they're actually faster. However post patch the cars are still quite a bit slower than they should be.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ptank20 said:

This was supposed to be the patch rectifying the performance given that initially everyone expected the cars to be slower but now turns out they're actually faster. However post patch the cars are still quite a bit slower than they should be.

Highspeed corners is where all the time is lost, imo.

• Agree 1