Patch 1.05. Is Safety Car working now?

Posted (edited)

F1 2018 I did 4 seasons without the safety car. Now in F1 2019 one season behind and no SC. Thats over 100 races without the damn safety car!!!! 👇😠

It's starting to get really frustrating and sometimes now i even take out cars deliberately just to get safety car out, but no. No , no no and no sc!

So i would like to know is this issue finally sorted with this patch (1.05) or how many races/seasons i have to do more to get the safety car?

If you have watched Tiametmarduk's career mode you can see that he has the same problem

@Faya I really like the game but this is annoying

Edited by Gragooni
  • Agree 3

This question....

CM: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SUUUUUUUUURE.....

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

This year played two season in career mode and i have only 2 VSC, 0 SC

Edit: Played in PS4

Edited by Raymy
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Raymy said:

This year played two season in career mode and i have only 2 VSC, 0 SC

Edit: Played in PS4

19 GP and 5 VSC and 8 SC in career mode 25%

played in PS4

Edited by philappleraily

I did 2 season and 6 races on version 1.04 and got no VSC or SC then on version 1.05 canada season 2 I got a VSC for 15 seconds

It's strange how from person to person, even on the same console/PC, the game varies so much on if the SC has appeared or not.

Me personally, I've only had about 7 VSCs, no SCs.....My first wet race was Japan in Season 1, not even a practice session before that was damp.

Strange how things vary so much! 😛 

It was working fine. Had 10 SC’s and over 20 VSC.

people complain every year but every year it works fine for me

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

sounds good, maybe I switch it back on.

Ok maybe a dumb question now, I always got time penalties in F1 2018 when the SC came out, before queuing behind you need to drive in that Delta timeframe...I was always too fast, or too slow, don`t know, I just did not understand this Delta speed you need to have not to get a time penalty, can someone explain me this? I am into F1 for 20 years now, but I do not understand this 😄

Thanks

Stay at +1 second to be safe @svensenk86. If your delta is negative when you got released you'll receive a penalty.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

This is so true. Safety car has always worked fine for me. Comes out plenty in relation to  what I see in real F1.

Never been able to understand why people moan about it. It’s obviously working.

• Disagree 2

5 hours ago, Metzgerov said:

Probably because you use a ton of flashbacks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

I never use flashbacks...

1 minute ago, Andrew210227 said:

Flashbacks doesn't help either. I've tried to do that flashback glitch after cars retiring but even that doesn't work

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Gragooni said:

Flashbacks doesn't help either. I've tried to do that flashback glitch after cars retiring but even that doesn't work

It does, but not always. I don't know exactly what triggers it but it's the only way I've had 2 safetycars so far in my career (18 races into season 1, 100% race distance, I've run a total of 10000+km). Both times I flashed back immediately to the exact point before the car (in both cases my teammate) was in trouble.

maybe there is a difference for a chance of SC between 25%, 50% and 100% races. I don't know. I never had problems with the SC in the past. There were some situations were i thought it's time for a SC and it doesn't come out and also the other way around.

Posted (edited)

Today in my career mode Verstappen retires in last corner of Suzuka and the cars get stuck behind and guess what? Yeah no SC!!!! Seriously no fuckin safety car even after this. I'm getting so tired of this **** . I mean how this is no't safety car? how?

D_q3bp_WwAAWjZN.jpg:large

Edited by Gragooni
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Gragooni said:

Today in my career mode Verstappen retires in last corner of Suzuka and the cars get stuck behind and guess what? Yeah no SC!!!! Seriously no fuckin safety car even after this. I'm getting so tired of this ****

D_q3bp_WwAAWjZN.jpg:large

Because SC would also stuck behind. :classic_happy:

But seriously i doesn't fully understand the mechanics behind SC and think there is a huge amount for improvements.

Edited by Akkan74

Stay at +1 second to be safe @svensenk86. If your delta is negative when you got released you'll receive a penalty.

@iNevik based on what this Delta is created? Is this a speed trap or based on what ? +1 sec, I keep that in mind, until it says "you need to catch up with the SC" right? then I will switch it on now and try my luck if it comes out.

1 minute ago, svensenk86 said:

@iNevik based on what this Delta is created? Is this a speed trap or based on what ? +1 sec, I keep that in mind, until it says "you need to catch up with the SC" right? then I will switch it on now and try my luck if it comes out.

As long as you see the delta on screen you have to slow down a bit. If the delta gets negative i think you have 15sec to slow down and get it back to positive. Otherwise you will get a penalty. If the delta times are gone you can push and catch the other cars.

As long as you see the delta on screen you have to slow down a bit. If the delta gets negative i think you have 15sec to slow down and get it back to positive. Otherwise you will get a penalty. If the delta times are gone you can push and catch the other cars.

need to find a tutorial video on youtube 😄 problem is you cannot get used to it when the SC does not come out 😛 2018 I`ve got it twice, penalties right away, so I switched it off

@svensenk86 try to keep your delta in the green if when it goes red you need to coast your car by just letting go of your throttle if still in the red after that tap your brake when on a straight and keep in mind when your coming into a corner the delta seems to go to red quicker so take it easy when cornering in a safety car situation. Also turn down your engine to lean mix and if u use ers turn that to 0 (none). If u keep within 0.300 - 0.500 of the delta either way you should be able to work out when to and not to push. Hope this help mate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iNevik said:

Stay at +1 second to be safe @svensenk86. If your delta is negative when you got released you'll receive a penalty.

Yeah you need to keep your time delta at a positive value if you do this you won't get penalised. Basically the best way to do this is just take it easy (like you might do for a race at Monaco 😛) and mayb eturn the engine down to lean and ERS to 0 and save them for when you can start attacking again once the SC period is over

• Thanks 1