Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Patch 1.05, how to fix a game

Recommended Posts

I want say that the game is now finally playable. The handling is much much better (F1 cars actually have grip now the way you see them absolutely annihilating corners like they do irl) and the overall game is much more stable. The AI is also better in that they don't punt you every corner like they're driving go-karts.

Al around much better experience!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had 2 hours to test some things and yes , they have increased the downforce in general, the actual laptimes are the same , meaning that drag and mass have also be adjusted to keep the times down. 
I did a qual test, ( no accelerated time) at Austria 110:

Pole in real life: 1:03.003

Pre patch: 1:03.912

post patch: 1:03.973

Eventhough this means that the patch notes regarding faster times for 1.05 haven’t been applied. 
But I think that’s okay because with career being on steroids this year the cars will surpass real life pretty early  

I don’t like career changes this year but I alter the cars to have most career updates in Grand Prix mode and Championship mode  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EstrayOne said:

I want say that the game is now finally playable. The handling is much much better (F1 cars actually have grip now the way you see them absolutely annihilating corners like they do irl) and the overall game is much more stable. The AI is also better in that they don't punt you every corner like they're driving go-karts.

Al around much better experience!

I agree, i'm still exploring how much grip i have, sometimes i get surprised that the car sticks, but now it feels like i'm attacking the corners rather than tip toeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, KrazyLurt said:

I did a qual test, ( no accelerated time) at Austria 110:

Pole in real life: 1:03.003

Pre patch: 1:03.912

post patch: 1:03.973

You won't see the 1-1.5 second improvement at Austria, since it's such a short track and I don't think a 61 second lap there is even possible.

Try at Bahrain, Spain, Australia... basically every other track will see the times drop.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

You won't see the 1-1.5 second improvement at Austria, since it's such a short track and I don't think a 61 second lap there is even possible.

Try at Bahrain, Spain, Australia... basically every other track will see the times drop.

Yes more tracks to test would have been ideal, but now it’s too late for me, can’t really go back to 1.04.

But your post didn’t make complete sense regarding it being short of a track. It’s roughly 25% shorter lap timewise to a 1:23 track and they where saying in the notes 1-1.5 seconds. So deducting that, 25% of 1-1.5 seconds is still 0,75-1,125. Not zero difference like the test I did 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KrazyLurt said:

Yes more tracks to test would have been ideal, but now it’s too late for me, can’t really go back to 1.04.

But your post didn’t make complete sense regarding it being short of a track. It’s roughly 25% shorter lap timewise to a 1:23 track and they where saying in the notes 1-1.5 seconds. So deducting that, 25% of 1-1.5 seconds is still 0,75-1,125. Not zero difference like the test I did 

You're assuming that the performance gain was massive at every track.
The real life pole was literally only a tenth improvement over the previous year.

Austria is all about power. These cars make up their time in the corners, of which Austria doesn't have many to make up the time in. 
Basically, expecting a high 1:02, MAYBE a mid-1:02 (from the real fast guys on the game) is about as fast as you're gonna get I reckon. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bankai3987 said:

You're assuming that the performance gain was massive at every track.
The real life pole was literally only a tenth improvement over the previous year.

Austria is all about power. These cars make up their time in the corners, of which Austria doesn't have many to make up the time in. 
Basically, expecting a high 1:02, MAYBE a mid-1:02 (from the real fast guys on the game) is about as fast as you're gonna get I reckon. 

I don’t really assume, there should have been more than zero improvement but point taken, agree to partially disagree 😊👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went 1,5 seconds faster in Melbourne, baseline setup, against the previous lap with a hell of a setup.. So faster.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My quali time at Melbourne would have been 3rd in the IRL one, before that it was way off so the patch seems to have really brought times into line. There's tons more grip too and it's obvious when you're throwing the car into a corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, KrazyLurt said:

Pole in real life: 1:03.003

Pre patch: 1:03.912

post patch: 1:03.973

The AI runs the default setup on every track, which is completely wrong for a track like Austria. The patch also primarily buffed the cars' front downforce, which isn't going to affect teams very much there.

You should be doing this test in career mode after making sure that Mercedes have upgraded their car. Of course the Australia spec car (which is what the post-patch cars are) is going to struggle to hit the same target as the Austria spec car, as cars generally get much better over the course of a season, especially after a change of regulations like the one from this season.

Edited by Coffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×