1.05 - Car constantly scraping in career mode [R2]

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I noticed this issue last year and it really ruined my career modes and particularly replays. When you start to get get over half of the downforce upgrades on the car in career mode it starts to push the car too low to road. This means that on any straight your car is constantly scraping and sparking. With full upgrades in 2018 it meant that with even the highest ride height that you were still always scraping.

This wasn't an issue before 1.05 as they had clearly removed some downforce from the car but now its been increased, the scraping is back. Videos below to show.

This is with a S1 Toro Rosso with about 7-9 of the early upgrades. 

This is very annoying and hopefully not too difficult to fix. Would appreciate any response. 

Edited by SASColfer
add link

7 answers to this question

More videos to emphasize the point. It affects AI cars as well on this game. 

Hi @SASColfer would you be able to give me some extra details so I can pass these back to the team please;

• your car setup when this occurs 
  • is it only on certain tracks?
  • Image of your R&D progression when it started to occur if possible

Thanks! 

Hi

i ve experienced this bug last year, too. It was very anoying and stopped me from continuing playing the career mode. I was very unhappy with codemasters reaction to this...the bug was confirmed in the technical forum, but wasn`t patched in the following months.

So here we go again..

but SASColfer right now im not sure if its the same bug. I drove in spaa today with the second fastes standard setup, only the height in front and rear lowered by one, and the fuel tank was full....60kg for a 50% race. There it was the constant scrapping on long straights, but after i went back to the standard height it was ok...much, but no more permanent scraping and sparking!!

So, think we need to test a little bit more. But thx for the reaction RedDevilKT.

Im on PC, i have round about 1/3 of the downforce upgrades with the mc Laren team.

Greetings

3/3 ride height is too low in Spa. I'm not entirely sure but I think I run 4-6 there.

Posted (edited)

Finally, somebody says this besides me (in which I didn't have any answer), this is not the same thing I reported but related as it is floor and track mapping

This does not happen only to the player but also to IA.... Especially in Eau Rouge

Is this is going to be Attended?

Edited by Max Sirman

23 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi @SASColfer would you be able to give me some extra details so I can pass these back to the team please;

• your car setup when this occurs 
  • is it only on certain tracks?
  • Image of your R&D progression when it started to occur if possible

Thanks! 

Hi @RedDevilKT

For the videos above I had increased the ride height to 7-7 to try and mitigate it but I usually just play with standard 6-6 and the scraping is very bad. (Don't have time to play around with setups much). 

It's appearing on all tracks once you get up to speed (about gear 4/5) but obviously is more noticeable on tracks with more undulation.

Unfortunately I've just moved teams in the game so don't have the screenshot from S1. It appears to be affected Toro Rosso and Alfa Romeo the most. That was my team and the team Weber was in (not sure if that has some weird impact). I'll check if it happens in the McLaren when I next play and then screenshot the R&D.