F1 2021 Game Devolper  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who's got what it takes

• EA
    • Kunos Simulazioni
    • Turn 10
    • Codemasters

Posted (edited)

Impression I get from this forum is F1 2019 was the worst launch, early access wilst people where playing a week before, due to shops realising it early, overall enjoyable but game worst ratio of issues in awhile, 2020 I dont see the point in buying personally, F1 2019 has the halo, F2, leagues etc, what can be added thats worth it in 2020, 

Codemasters try to please everybody, but please nobody,

With big reg changes in F1 we need a F1 game that caters for all. not just the majority of assisted users.

Edited by BluntRS
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

Been saying this for years to my mates, we need more companies to get hands on the official Formula licences so that CM get some strong competition and are forced to either up their game or lose the battle.

This fight over quality is one of the limited perks of capitalism imo.

Sadly no other big company did so in the past 10 years, but, we supposedly had a few interested studios (according to rumours, Slightly Mad Studios, Turn 10, ISI, Kunos Simulazioni and SONY from what i remember from the past 10 years with SMS being the only studio that had the most recent chance to get hands on the licence as well).

Anyways, according to further rumours, CM have exclusive rights to the licence and if a different company were ready to pay for the licence as well, it'd have a larger pricetag to what CM are paying annually due to exclusivity and that is not worth the risk it seems, also that is why CM supposedly still have nothing to fear, not to mention that Formula Racing is a more niche market and has not such a large target audience as for example GT Sports, Forza or NFS.

Only CM, the supposedly other interested gamestudios such as SMS or the FOM could bring some transparency to these rumours of how the licencing procedure works and or why no other company had a try yet.

Either way, imo there are only two tools left for us to make CM create the ultimate Formula Racing game, constructive criticism and or boycott, sadly the first one is a rarity and the latter one almost nonexistent.

My hopes are for F1 2021, maybe CM will finally give us a revolution.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Currently 42% are happy with how the game is realised each year, 

If SMS had the licence id walk away to be honest :classic_biggrin:

If the YouTubers got onboard I could see a huge drop in sales for 2020, perhaps then they'll take notice,

I hope they can do something special for 2021, although new regs a lot of changes, cant help but feel more problems. 

Posted (edited)

I voted Codemasters because none of the other choices convince me they got what it takes. EA would ruin the game and the others could not even convince me to buy one of their games. If it comes down to one developer holding the license it should stay with Codemasters. 

I believe you could build a fantasy formula 1 game that is much better than what codemasters does with the official license. The developer that builds that game would get my vote.

Edited by BelgiumDude

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

This fight over quality is one of the limited perks of capitalism imo.

My my, have we gone out on an unsubstantiated tangent here or what.

Edited by Ho3n3r
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I voted for Codemasters. Honestly I don't believe to SMS. PC2 was the game I've wanted and waited the most. I was literally counting days to its release. The worst disappointment of my gaming life. Bad FFB, bad AI, a lot of bugs and last but not least it was abandoned. On paper it had the potential to be the ultimate racing game and it failed miserably. They went for the homerun and ended up with a strike out.

Kunos has what it takes but in that case they should make the game their own way. Less small things, less career mode features, cutscenes and so on. Pure driving in a non-yearly released product. Years and new seasons added through DLCs. The F1 game is far away from being a title that works well under their philosophy. I'm afraid the F1 game would change Kunos rather than the opposite.

EA would be the worst option. I'm already able to see their F1 version of Ultimate Team...

Edited by sirio994

Kunos is miles beyond all of them, but doubtful they have the $ or the want to do this. 

Agreed on the assisted user catering. Not having cockpit forced available in the assists, especially for lobbies, is incredible.

3 hours ago, sirio994 said:

EA would be the worst option. I'm already able to see their F1 version of Ultimate Team...

You may have just jinxed it.lol They would abuse the hell out of that like they do everything else. 

SMS is frustrating. They get so many cars and circuits right and they're incredible. Le Mans 24 Hours is really, really good.  A lot of the GT3 and GTE is really good. But as mentioned, they abandoned the game. Unfortunately outside of AC, PCars 2 is the only other real sim choice on console. 

Posted (edited)

Even theres some problems in the game i hope that Codemasters. EA or something else would be terrible. Codemasters have done good job with Liberty Media and F1

Edited by Gragooni

Kinda cheeky talking about other devs on the Codies official forums. Gt planet might be the more appropriate place for such a discussion! If the conversation was focused on constructive criticism of Codies F1 games thsts fair enough. If this thread appeared on forums belonging to the other devs mentioned here it would be deleted in moments! So let's be glad at least Codies allow a fair amount of free speech here to criticize them! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Kinda cheeky talking about other devs on the Codies official forums. Gt planet might be the more appropriate place for such a discussion! If the conversation was focused on constructive criticism of Codies F1 games thsts fair enough. If this thread appeared on forums belonging to the other devs mentioned here it would be deleted in moments! So let's be glad at least Codies allow a fair amount of free speech here to criticize them! 

I wasnt going for subtle,

To be honest I dont think Codemasters care, or listen to this forum like theve done in the past.

Look at what people requested before the patch, then look at what the patch done, assits are faster then before :classic_rolleyes:

Dirt forum communication from the team is on point.

• Agree 1