Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team performance order after patch

Not had a chance to play yet but can anybody tell me the order of team performance now? Hoping McLaren, Renault and Haas are really close and the others a bit further back.

Haas?? Haas is **** especially in races.

For race pace it should be: McLaren, Renault and Racing Point (Perez)

MBxhaMD.png

The stats reflect qualifying in Australia for the most part. Renault is the big loser here.

24 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

Haas?? Haas is **** especially in races.

For race pace it should be: McLaren, Renault and Racing Point (Perez)

In qualifying haas are as quick as anyone outside the top 3 just struggle in races. That really should be represented in the game 

Yeah Haas is very quick in terms of single lap pace, they struggle with the tyres and rather stubborn drivers.

Or maybe they get extra performance because of Gunther, they are not a bunch of ******* you know.

Does codemasters even communicate with actual F1 teams, I know they claim to.

13 minutes ago, RaysDenn said:

Yeah Haas is very quick in terms of single lap pace, they struggle with the tyres and rather stubborn drivers.

Or maybe they get extra performance because of Gunther, they are not a bunch of w*nkers you know.

It has little to do with the drivers. Grosjean's made a lot of mistakes and has had a lot of bad luck but his outright pace has been great, and Magnussen has hardly set a foot wrong all season with his pace being straight up stellar. It's just that Haas have shown no sign of understanding the tyres at all. Nothing shows this more than their absolutely horrid results in Bahrain and Austria, tracks that, prior to this year's races, had traditionally been among their strongest tracks, and which even this year proved to be difficult for Mercedes.

Looking back, it puts Steiner's outburst at Magnussen in a completely different light, as even with KMag's occasional mistakes, the team's total and utter failure to understand anything about this year's tyres can only be described as unabashed incompetence. Only Ferrari have been anywhere close to their level of ineptitude so far this year.

34 minutes ago, Coffer said:

It has little to do with the drivers. Grosjean's made a lot of mistakes and has had a lot of bad luck but his outright pace has been great, and Magnussen has hardly set a foot wrong all season with his pace being straight up stellar. It's just that Haas have shown no sign of understanding the tyres at all. Nothing shows this more than their absolutely horrid results in Bahrain and Austria, tracks that, prior to this year's races, had traditionally been among their strongest tracks, and which even this year proved to be difficult for Mercedes.

Looking back, it puts Steiner's outburst at Magnussen in a completely different light, as even with KMag's occasional mistakes, the team's total and utter failure to understand anything about this year's tyres can only be described as unabashed incompetence. Only Ferrari have been anywhere close to their level of ineptitude so far this year.

Hulkenberg will be in the haas next year I think 

What a complete joke. 

They actually have Ferrari with the best aero package and Mercedes with the best engine LMFAO.

Anyone that watched F1 this season would know it is the other way around.

16 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

What a complete joke. 

They actually have Ferrari with the best aero package and Mercedes with the best engine LMFAO.

Anyone that watched F1 this season would know it is the other way around.

It's entirely because of the drag reduction. IRL Ferrari don't have the best engine on race day as they cannot maintain their qualifying advantage over a race distance, but the games are too simple to model this dynamic accurately. To make up for this, Codemasters basically gave Ferrari a worse engine overall but lower drag than Mercedes, even if IRL Ferrari's low drag is entirely because they have hopelessly low downforce. I haven't tested yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ferrari overhauled Force India and became the highest top speed car in this patch, as the ridiculous amount of drag reduction needed for that to happen would justify the gap in the aero department between Ferrari and Mercedes.

Honda and Renault being dead even should be much more eyebrow-raising. The Renault engine may still be bad, but the only thing Honda have over them right now is reliability.

Kp41Wyl.jpg

15pY15b.jpg

A5sbxF6.jpg

26 minutes ago, Coffer said:

It's entirely because of the drag reduction. IRL Ferrari don't have the best engine on race day as they cannot maintain their qualifying advantage over a race distance, but the games are too simple to model this dynamic accurately. To make up for this, Codemasters basically gave Ferrari a worse engine overall but lower drag than Mercedes, even if IRL Ferrari's low drag is entirely because they have hopelessly low downforce. I haven't tested yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ferrari overhauled Force India and became the highest top speed car in this patch, as the ridiculous amount of drag reduction needed for that to happen would justify the gap in the aero department between Ferrari and Mercedes.

Honda and Renault being dead even should be much more eyebrow-raising. The Renault engine may still be bad, but the only thing Honda have over them right now is reliability.

Have you watched the Bahrain GP and seen how Leclerc performed before he got the problem?

2 minutes ago, CompLex1986 said:

Have you watched the Bahrain GP and seen how Leclerc performed before he got the problem?

I mentioned this in another thread actually. Bahrain and Austria are the two races where Mercedes couldn't get the tyres to work at all. They're outliers, not the norm, and as a matter of fact this tyre inconsistency is another thing that the game is too simple to model, especially through the departments. Or are we disagreeing with literal facts now?

Ferrari has the highest straight line speed. They gain around 6 tenths a lap. This is due to the engine and aero package.

however Mercedes still has the best extreme qualify mapping in their engine, but despitenhaving quite a long wheelbase and where you expect them to be slower on slower tracks like monace do they have their chassis spot on this year nullifying the slow track disadvantage. That's where they are much stronger than ferrari and with their extreme mapping is the reason why mercedes is almost always on pole.

this will affect also careers ongoing? because i'm just ended france in mercedes and would like to see some changes, also if i have already upgraded the car....

27 minutes ago, Coffer said:

I mentioned this in another thread actually. Bahrain and Austria are the two races where Mercedes couldn't get the tyres to work at all. They're outliers, not the norm, and as a matter of fact this tyre inconsistency is another thing that the game is too simple to model, especially through the departments. Or are we disagreeing with literal facts now?

No, I was giving you a counterexample on what you said " IRL Ferrari don't have the best engine on race day as they cannot maintain their qualifying advantage over a race distance "

They are certainly capable of doing so. Not every weekend of course due to different track characteristics that have different effects on the tires, but that wasn't the point. Also, what the source of that Mercedes couldn't get the tires to work? I watched the videos on Youtube, including the Pure Pitwall and never did they mention they had a problem with their tires compared to Ferrari. I mean, Bahrain is very hard on the tires due to its characteristics, but that counts for all teams.

16 minutes ago, lor1700 said:

this will affect also careers ongoing? because i'm just ended france in mercedes and would like to see some changes, also if i have already upgraded the car....

Yeps, my alfa drives suddenly like a ferrari!🤪

3 hours ago, Coffer said:

MBxhaMD.png

The stats reflect qualifying in Australia for the most part. Renault is the big loser here.

Yep, as the season has went on we now know it should be McLaren - Renault - Racing Point - Haas

1 minute ago, Ryne said:

Yep, as the season has went on we now know it should be McLaren - Renault - Racing Point - Haas

I Think Alfa should be ahead of Racing Point in that order.

Check this video out. Racing Point is the fastest car on the straight and Mercedes is faster than Ferrari on the straight. I know that that should not be the case.

10 minutes ago, Ryne said:

To be honest, the differences are very minimal and after Spain the cars have been upgraded anyway.

They should just give us sliders to adjust performance from race to race to keep it as close to real as possible. Especially in championship mode with a real driver

33 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I Think Alfa should be ahead of Racing Point in that order.

Forgot about them, you are right.

Racing point should be like Alfa. They seem to have similar pace. Racing Point struggled because of accidents and qualifying issues but race speed is right there if not better than Alfa Romeo and even sometimes better than Renault.

2 hours ago, lor1700 said:

Yeps, my alfa drives suddenly like a ferrari!🤪