Sign in to follow this  

Regulation change for next year R&Ds

So... i started my career on Alfa Romeo, and invested a ton in my aero dept. Since that's where they were weakest. 

Now in Mexico, race before regulation change coming. I think well, can't be bad...

Now I can't stop laughingūü§£ i was like.... euuuuhm....¬†

A307D82B-CF6E-4C97-9540-6D7D3C057C73.jpeg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah the regulation change announcement seems to happen at different points throughout the season now. I had mine announced either before or after Singapore (don't remember exactly; chassis and reliability reset). I've seen Youtube's of others having them at different races as well.

Edited by Andrew210227

Well it's not the when, it's the EVERYTHING i developed hahaha

normally some fractions will be affevted but havent seen this before

1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

Yeah the regulation change announcement seems to happen at different points throughout the season now. I had mine announced either before or after Singapore (don't remember exactly; chassis and reliability reset). I've seen Youtube's of others having them at different races as well.

Yeah they can be announced at different times as it happens also on 2018 too. I remember on one of Aarava's vids they were announced at Singapore on my 2018 career they were announced in Japan but I think the general rule is if you want to protect components it's best to start saving up once you get to the summer break .That way you should be able to save enough points to protect what you have. Or at leas t the majority of it. But then that depends on how severe the changes are each season.

• Agree 1

Ah OK. I didn't know that, thought it was always at Singapore last year. I probably just got lucky having it at the same race each time.

In F1 2019 I start the third season and in the second season I had no regulation changes for the third season

Has anyone had a regulation change on a department they haven't invested heavily in?

I'm at a point where I'm thinking that they are checking where the player is strong and do a regulation change on that department.  In 2018 I focused only on reliability and engine upgrades...sure enough regulation change on both of those.  Next season I did aero only...sure enough regulation change on aero only.

Might be bad luck and coincidence but was just wondering.

3 minutes ago, R9NALD09 said:

Has anyone had a regulation change on a department they haven't invested heavily in?

I'm at a point where I'm thinking that they are checking where the player is strong and do a regulation change on that department.  In 2018 I focused only on reliability and engine upgrades...sure enough regulation change on both of those.  Next season I did aero only...sure enough regulation change on aero only.

By checking some of youtube's most prominent guys, I thought this was the case as well. But playing it myself, I invested by far the most upgrades in the aero department (probably 2x as much as chassis and 3x as much as in engine), and I got a reliability and chassis reset.

So it doesn't appear to be the case that you'll always get your most invested department reset.

9 hours ago, Raymy said:

In F1 2019 I start the third season and in the second season I had no regulation changes for the third season

In 18 out of 9 seasons I only had 2 major reg changes 1st one at end of season 1 which wad pointless and super easy as only had few upgrades on then season 2 was just durabilty season 3 nothing 4th season engine 5th season all departments but that was the last reg change I had in 19 all the way to season 9 when the game broke on is hoping its not going to be like that this year as once the car is fully upgraded and after a season you have enough points to protect every component with out doing the programmes . When your team is fully developed you should stop getting recourse points as like said it just makes it way easy when do get a reg change 

3 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

I think in the first season of his career on 2018 Aarava got regulation changes to his durability and h wasn't heavily investing in that at the time so yeah it can happen where it's a department you don't invest heavily. I seem to remember that anyway. It's just pot luck what gets reset.

On 7/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, R9NALD09 said:

On 2018 Season 1 I invested heavily on chasis and areo got reset then season 2 i upgraded areo and powertrain got reset