New superfast helicopter bug in every game mode. [R2]

Question

Since the 1.05 path i noticed that one helicopter around (above) the track is always goes superfast and left-right etc. It's really annoying after a long time because sometimes it goes above your head like 2/3 times a lap.. looks extra weird while u race..  Please fix it in the next patch! Happens in TT, quick race,career.. so everywhere.

Just watch the sky.

This is how it looks like: 

Video

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

21 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, ATSSHD said:

Since the 1.05 path i noticed that one helicopter around (above) the track is always goes superfast and left-right etc. It's really annoying after a long time because sometimes it goes above your head like 2/3 times a lap.. looks extra weird while u race..  Please fix it in the next patch! Happens in TT, quick race,career.. so everywhere.

Just watch the sky.

This is how it looks like: 

Video

Looks like they upgraded the performance of the choppers as well. That looks incredibly weird :classic_huh:

I am on Ps4 Pro and i have the same issue with the Superfast Helicopter now on Patch 1.05. It is very distracting.

On patch 1.04 we did not had this super fast helicopter.

@Faya please have a look at this Helicopter bug mentioned and shown on the first post. 

Posted (edited)

Platform PS4 Pro

Mode: Career

Session: Practice 1 

Description:

During the daytime, I 've noticed that the Helicopter is moving very fast on the sky and turning in circles like a mad.

This is purely aesthetics of course but affects the immersion (worth mentioning that it didn't happen every time, but aleatory)

Can it be checked @Faya 

thks

Edited by Max Sirman

@Max Sirman I have merged your thread with another discussing the same thing. This has been passed on to them team to investigate. Thanks 🙂 

3 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

@Max Sirman I have merged your thread with another discussing the same thing. This has been passed on to them team to investigate. Thanks 🙂 

Really?

I think there is much more important things for the team to investigate. The ai, saftey car, engine sound/rpm/gearing, driver transfers, pit stop release, upgrade speed, trophies/ achievements, multiplayer, crashes... Multiple threads on these issues and more.

That such a minor issue gets an official response whilst there is no response for major problems is disgraceful!

I appreciate that you have a difficult job given tone of some of the posts on the forum, but it's all codemasters own making.

4 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Really?

I think there is much more important things for the team to investigate. The ai, saftey car, engine sound/rpm/gearing, driver transfers, pit stop release, upgrade speed, trophies/ achievements, multiplayer, crashes... Multiple threads on these issues and more.

That such a minor issue gets an official response whilst there is no response for major problems is disgraceful!

I appreciate that you have a difficult job given tone of some of the posts on the forum, but it's all codemasters own making.

Everything needs looking at. If they can fix the helicopter (or even better figure out how they broke it) then that's all good.

It's not a chopper, it's AIRWOLF! (For the oldies🤣)

7D995A45-1E39-42CC-B081-E64887925D60.jpeg

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

It's not a chopper, it's AIRWOLF! (For the oldies🤣)

7D995A45-1E39-42CC-B081-E64887925D60.jpeg

That explains it all!! Now i understand :classic_biggrin:

Edited by GioProductions

12 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Everything needs looking at. If they can fix the helicopter (or even better figure out how they broke it) then that's all good.

Agreed all problems should be looked at, but it is a matter of priority. What we are talking about is a graphics issue, agreed distracting, but not a fuctional issue. Functional problems must come first, and unfortunately there are a lot of them! Tyre wear scaling in quali would be a good example. Something that in previous games was fixed and it has reappeared. Inept and should never have made it to release.

It is symptomatic of the gaming industry, half finished products at release seem the norm now. The advent of downloadable patches has only exacerbated it. In a yearly release, 4 years on this game engine, core bugs should have been pretty much eradicated. However this is clearly not the case.

Gamers really need to vote with their wallets, not pre-order and claim refunds for defective products/false advertising for this practice to stop.

1 hour ago, ChasteWand said:

Agreed all problems should be looked at, but it is a matter of priority. What we are talking about is a graphics issue, agreed distracting, but not a fuctional issue. Functional problems must come first, and unfortunately there are a lot of them! Tyre wear scaling in quali would be a good example. Something that in previous games was fixed and it has reappeared. Inept and should never have made it to release.

It is symptomatic of the gaming industry, half finished products at release seem the norm now. The advent of downloadable patches has only exacerbated it. In a yearly release, 4 years on this game engine, core bugs should have been pretty much eradicated. However this is clearly not the case.

Gamers really need to vote with their wallets, not pre-order and claim refunds for defective products/false advertising for this practice to stop.

Yep. I hear you, but I'm done with all that. Identify the issues, they'll fix some, not others. That's what you'll be left with and next year it won't matter. I league race, so if I don't get the game I don't race, period. Same for everyone, so I'm not more or less disadvantaged.

You'll never stop Codemasters releasing the same product year in year out. It's been ten games now and I can count on two fingers the ones that ended up left OK.

Yep, they don't have the full cycle from patching. The game starts out the same each year, goes through bad QA and appears with the same issues. The ones they fixed, if they have the same band-aid programmers, may get fixed again. Always new features, always the core game that isn't right.

It's like they don't even have a review of how it went the year before, beyond "Did we sell enough units?" "OK, same again."

• Agree 1

I never noticed it on ps pro. Guess the halo is in the way...

another benefit of cockpit view🤣

it won't be a high priority bug, but it distracts you while driving

Posted (edited)

Yeah there were like 5 helicopters in MP tonight Unranked at Paul Ricard 12 drivers, no AI. Might post a clip.

Edited by steviejay69
added clip

Ive noticed when racing online the helicopter that flys around the track goes at hyper speed it so fast, its the same at any track I see it. Ive had a few close calls thinking either debris was flying across the screen or if a insect had shot across in front of my TV,  its like its in fast forward

Yeah i've noticed that too, its crazy distracting when it happens. Just this black shape comes flying at crazy speed across the top of the screen like an angry wasp in high speed

Happened again for me today this time at Spain

I thought it was a UFO. If so, pretty cool and funny.

If not, why is Air Wolf in the game?

I think it should become a feature. Menu toggle to allow hyper-helicopters.

But being serious I can totally see how it could be distracting. Personally I just get a giggle out of it everytime I see it but I don't play online and I can imagine it could be less than idea to have a crazy chopper swooping around when you're in the teeth of a wheel to wheel battle.

Maybe they got their wires crossed with Dirt 2.0. They have drones that move through pretty quickly.