Sign in to follow this  

1.05 AI is a joke

Ver. 1.05 AI is a bunch of weak potatoes. They do not fight anymore! They just drive behind each other. Only overtake using drs. All the great fights are gone...the patch is a pure joke. Also they always give up when they are beside the Players car falling so far back that they get overtaken by the following car....

Is there any Option to patch back to 1.04?

@Faya

• Agree 5

There was a lot of ai testing in the beta and the general consensus was it was an improvement despite being a little over aggressive. Seems since launch though the larger mass of casual players didn't like the idea of learning to actually drive better to beat the ai so as you have pointed out they have been nerfed back to mere cannon fodder. 

• Agree 3

Just give the players the choice of aggression in the difficulty settings. Doesn't have to be robust and convoluted  can be as simple as two settings. Casual or Hardcore

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

9 minutes ago, PixelVagabond said:

Just give the players the choice of aggression in the difficulty settings. Doesn't have to be robust and convoluted  can be as simple as two settings. Casual or Hardcore

Agreed there could be simple presets but I'd go for Casual, normal, pro and Hardcore. 

I knew something was odd when I played my first career rcae today compared to the few quick races before 1.05 but I thought this would have been a one off thng. good to know they actually messed it up again

Right I've just had a go on the PS4 1.05 patch. The AI are no different which is a good news. I haven't noticed any difference. Not sure if it's the usual panic on this forum.

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Agreed there could be simple presets but I'd go for Casual, normal, pro and Hardcore. 

Aggression levels could also be named: Gasly, Vettel, Verstappen and rookie Stroll/Grosjean. The latter being an aggression level in which the AI couldn't care less for trading paint with the player.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dunky1980 said:

Right I've just had a go on the PS4 1.05 patch. The AI are no different which is a good news. I haven't noticed any difference. Not sure if it's the usual panic on this forum.

They still block the inside and will still try and overtake, the one area the 1.05 patch has completely neutered the AI is running side by side into/through a corner, they now back out of it every single time, a big downgrade from 1.04. A patient, nuanced overtake is no longer required.

It’s a real shame and no doubt a result of all the noobs divebombing the AI and complaining when they damage their front wings.

• Agree 2

The AI is broken after the patch. Had the same issues. Also started a new carrer. Drove 3 races in a redbull. The merc + Ferraris were faster but everytime they tried to overtake they broke up and followed each other....lets hope they fix it and go back to the 1.04 AI.... 

Still some conflicting reports, but Thanks to everyone for the update on AI behaviour. Ive disconnected from internet for the moment to make sure I stay on 1.04 for now until I actually see some more footage/feedback from other players. AI behaviour was the best feature in the game IMO.

I’ve played several 25% races already, a few from last position, I think the ai behavior is great, I experienced zero issues, I can’t see anything have changed either. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

There was a lot of ai testing in the beta and the general consensus was it was an improvement despite being a little over aggressive. Seems since launch though the larger mass of casual players didn't like the idea of learning to actually drive better to beat the ai so as you have pointed out they have been nerfed back to mere cannon fodder. 

Where have I heard that before... oh yeah, the beta every other year (didn't do it this year), where everything seems quite good until they actually launch the game.

1.05 ist ridiculous. The game is from now one to casual.....

If i want a arcade game I play NFS, not F1 2019

• Disagree 1

So, were there notes in the patch notes about changing AI? I’ve not played it since the update, and the idea of the AI being needed is very disappointing if true. Just looking for some firm confirmation. 

38 minutes ago, Ferrethead81 said:

So, were there notes in the patch notes about changing AI? I’ve not played it since the update, and the idea of the AI being needed is very disappointing if true. Just looking for some firm confirmation. 

It's nonsense the AI is no different to 1.04. 

41 minutes ago, Ferrethead81 said:

There were notes that AI blocking behaviour would be improved.

40 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

There were notes that AI blocking behaviour would be improved.

Think that's more to do with ai cars blocking on an out lap an they was ignoring blue flag sort of situation's when you was on a fast lap basically not taking consideration that you was on a faster lap in practice or qualy ..... at least that's what I make of it.

• Thanks 1