Sign in to follow this  

F2 and Devon Butler in F1 2019

While I appreciate starting in F2 (although I wish it gave an option to race the whole season in Career Mode) I am perplexed by the Devon Butler character.  I beat him for the f2 championship.  He is a driver in my career f1 season now, which is about 1/3 of the way through, but no more conflicts in the paddock with him have occurred.  Which is good.  Do any of you know if those interactions with him stop once you're in the f1 season?

Also, i like going into the solo championship f2 to win a few easy races when i get frustrated with my f1 career.  

Also, there is a great video on you tube of a guy who's only goal is to crash into Devon Butler and take his car out of every race.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

It's a missed opportunity. Going in to career I was also intrigued by the Butler character but as there are no further interactions in F1 they soon feel out of place in F1. I restarted the career after my first season to play career without the Butler and Weber. I hope next year they flesh out the story mode into F1. I seem to enjoy a story driven career mode in a race game. Formula 1 seems to be the perfect fit for such a story driven race game. 

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 4

You do get newspaper interviews from them tho. Plus you are questioned Bout your rivalry with them in interviews etc. Personally I dont mind that theres less scenes with them. You can make the scenarios yourself by battling them for the championship once you are all in good cars 🙂

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

It's a missed opportunity. Going in to career I was also intrigued by the Butler character but as there are no further interactions in F1 they soon feel out of place in F1. I restarted the career after my first season to play career without the Butler and Weber. I hope next year they flesh out the story mode into F1. I seem to enjoy a story driven career mode in a race game. Formula 1 seems to be the perfect fit for such a story driven race game. 

I also feel like I missed the point of the prologue cutscenes as I liked Butler better than Weber. Devon’s a douche, but he’s an honest douche. Weber is just a snake who’s constantly trying to manipulate you. Or maybe I’m just a sociopath.

4 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I also feel like I missed the point of the prologue cutscenes as I liked Butler better than Weber. Devon’s a douche, but he’s an honest douche. Weber is just a snake who’s constantly trying to manipulate you. Or maybe I’m just a sociopath.

But you want to outdo Butler in season 1.  I started my career in Toro Rosso moved mid season to Red Bull finished 2nd in the championship whilst Butler was struggling in the back with almost no points. I did not get my cutscene were I get to confront him with his speech on how I would fair in F1. All I got was a  trophy.

27 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

But you want to outdo Butler in season 1.  I started my career in Toro Rosso moved mid season to Red Bull finished 2nd in the championship whilst Butler was struggling in the back with almost no points. I did not get my cutscene were I get to confront him with his speech on how I would fair in F1. All I got was a  trophy.

I’m not really interested in beating Butler. He’s just another driver once career F1 starts... I’m thinking about restarting my career without them, but it would be a waste as I’m almost through season 1 on 100% distance...