Rain, rain and again rain.

I like wet race, but in my career it is present too often, compared to last year I have rain every 2 races .... Is it just a case or do you often get rain too?

• Agree 5

I did so in 2017-2018, so it’s probably the same this year...sadly  😔

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Beast70 said:

you can select the weather in settings.

Not in career.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Beast70 said:

you can select the weather in settings.

Not in career nor championship mode

• Agree 1

i have only had time to get to China so far and that was my first race with rain.  i had pole position, noticed my softs were not handling well at all and had dropped to third by the time i pitted.  opted for (I) tyres on the pit.  my lap times improved but none of the other cars put on wets and were all on the mediums.  I finished a very hard-fought fourth and just missed the podium by under half a second to Gasly of all people.  I had pole at bahrain and led the whole race so China was fun but I will see if there are any more rainy races coming up.  

Do you recall which races have had rain for you? 

It hasn‘t rained in 10 races so far in the real Formula 1 Season but in Codemasters‘ F1 career it‘s raining way too often. So unrealistic. Wish we could set the weather or have them tone it back by a big portion!! @Faya

• Agree 4

China was the only with some rain at the end among the first 6 GPs.

since then Ive had at least some, and sometimes full rain at:

Canada

France

Austria

Britain

Germany

Hungary

Italy (qualy only)

Russia

Japan

USA

4 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

China was the only with some rain at the end among the first 6 GPs.

since then Ive had at least some, and sometimes full rain at:

Canada

France

Austria

Britain

Germany

Hungary

Italy (qualy only)

Russia

Japan

USA

That‘s way too much. They need to patch that or allow us to select the weather for each session.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

That‘s way too much. They need to patch that or allow us to select the weather for each session.

Agreed. By the way, Im still at the US GP, so this list might get longer. Fully expecting heavy rain at Abu Dhabi at this point.

• Agree 1

It seems as if there is a randomizer code that gives 1 in 4 chance of rain for each session. Effectively that means you get rain at some point every weekend. I hate scripted weather but I think I'd actually prefer it to this situation. In real life the odds are more like 1 in 10 that there might be rain at a certain hour. Some desert locations that may be even 1 in 100. As it maybe actually rain in say 3 out of 21 races during just one session then the odds should be 1 in 7 BEFORE the weekend even starts. Then if positive the rain could be randomized to appear in just one session or very rarely 2. 

Hope I explained that well enough! 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, AllenB2609 said:

It hasn‘t rained in 10 races so far in the real Formula 1 Season but in Codemasters‘ F1 career it‘s raining way too often. So unrealistic. Wish we could set the weather or have them tone it back by a big portion!! @Faya

Rain during the race in Cina, Spain, Canada, GB, Germany, Belgium, Mexico, USA.

Italy in qualification only.

At moment 9/21... Will update after brazil and Abu Dhabi.

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

It seems as if there is a randomizer code that gives 1 in 4 chance of rain for each session. Effectively that means you get rain at some point every weekend. I hate scripted weather but I think I'd actually prefer it to this situation. In real life the odds are more like 1 in 10 that there might be rain at a certain hour. Some desert locations that may be even 1 in 100. As it maybe actually rain in say 3 out of 21 races during just one session then the odds should be 1 in 7 BEFORE the weekend even starts. Then if positive the rain could be randomized to appear in just one session or very rarely 2. 

Hope I explained that well enough! 

This is the point!

• Agree 2

I had posted a similar thread. Now I'm currently in Spa Free Practice 2 and this is where it rained so far:

Australia (Race)

China (Race)

Azerbaijan (Quali & Race)

Spain (Quali & Race)

Canada (FP1 & Race)

France (Race)

Austria (Race)

Britain (FP1 & Race)

Germany (Race)

9 out of 12 races with rain. In some races the forecasts didn't show any rain but during the race it rained so I don't trust the forecasts too much. For the Belgian GP it says only Clouds for the first half of the race and sun with clouds for the second half, but it will probably rain again.

• Like 1

This has happened in codies games since 2010 rain all ******* time! 

Im still with 18 no intention of getting 2019 because some of their decisions are just bizare. They want to recreate F1 and we get downpours in the desert.

• Agree 1

If we had Codemasters‘ weather system in real life the whole world would be flooded in like 2 days...

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

maybe career one is just a good year for farmers 😄

it's a joke to be honest. Playing the game makes no fun when it's raining all the time and you can't attack and drive fast like F1 is supposed to be... They seriously have to do something!

yes a joke mate 😉

I am in Austria now and had 2 races in the rain, China it started and getting dry at the end, Canada dry start and heavy rain later in the race.

Besides in some P sessions rain came up.

So the balance in my career is still fine for me, but I got your point.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

yes a joke mate 😉

I am in Austria now and had 2 races in the rain, China it started and getting dry at the end, Canada dry start and heavy rain later in the race.

Besides in some P sessions rain came up.

So the balance in my career is still fine for me, but I got your point.

I had it too for the first 6 races it was perfect, only had a wet last 15 laps or so at China, other than that fully dry in every qualy/race.

Since then the floodgates have quite literally opened... So that balance might shift very quickly.

it's really random. I finished my first season yesterday and I have had 1 race the entire season where there was rain the entire race and I guess one where it started to rain in the last laps but not enough to switch tyres. 

As long as you don't get rain in Bahrain and Yas Marina it ain't broken.

Posted (edited)

The problem is the randomness of rain. Some guys have no rain across the whole season and some others have 8 of 10 races in the rain. I think there is something wrong with Codemasters randomly program.

As i said last year there should be differnt possibilities per race (maybe China 70%, Bahrain 0%, Spa 80%...) and the game should also calculate if there was a rainy race before. Maybe two races before. For example normaly China has a possibility of 70% for rain. But if it rains in Australia the possibility for China should be reduced by half (35%). 

If it rains the last two races the possibility could be reduced two times by half (for Spa normal 80%, rain in the race before 40%, rain in both races before 20%). This would avoid to have three or more rainy races in a row.

Edited by Akkan74

54 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Well, this is from Tiametmarduk's career qualifying in Abu Dhabi season 1 so...

Capture1.JPG

Okay that's broken! You would think those tracks would get excluded from rain in career. That's poor coding. I admit I don't know how to build a racing game but it sounds like a no-brainer and not that difficult to implement.