Rain, rain and again rain.

I'm pretty sure this gets mentioned every year, yet I've never had this issue. I guess we'll just have to blame it on global warming! 🙈 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

The problem is the randomness of rain. Some guys have no rain across the whole season and some others have 8 of 10 races in the rain. I think there is something wrong with Codemasters randomly program.

As i said last year there should be differnt possibilities per race (maybe China 70%, Bahrain 0%, Spa 80%...) and the game should also calculate if there was a rainy race before. Maybe two races before. For example normaly China has a possibility of 70% for rain. But if it rains in Australia the possibility for China should be reduced by half (35%). 

If it rains the last two races the possibility could be reduced two times by half (for Spa normal 80%, rain in the race before 40%, rain in both races before 20%). This would avoid to have three or more rainy races in a row.

There should be options for weather in career as well I guess. I've seen a lot of topics where people ask where they can adjust the weather in career because they don't see rain. I don't like wet races and have been lucky with the weather system in F1 2018 and F1 2019 so far but if I had the bad fortune to have rainy seasons I probably would hate the game. There should be like three choices , mostly sunny, 50% chance of rain and mostly rainy. 

If you would do rain randomness based on each track separately besides the obvious ones you could still end up with a career that is mostly rainy because the odds just didn't fall into your favor.

1 hour ago, BelgiumDude said:

There should be options for weather in career as well I guess. I've seen a lot of topics where people ask where they can adjust the weather in career because they don't see rain. I don't like wet races and have been lucky with the weather system in F1 2018 and F1 2019 so far but if I had the bad fortune to have rainy seasons I probably would hate the game. There should be like three choices , mostly sunny, 50% chance of rain and mostly rainy. 

If you would do rain randomness based on each track separately besides the obvious ones you could still end up with a career that is mostly rainy because the odds just didn't fall into your favor.

Options would be also ok, but if you would choose my system you couldn't get a full rainy season, because after two rainy races the chances would be reduced and are very low to get another rainy race.

They had the same thing in Dirt 2.0. Rain is pretty cool and the atmosphere is incredible, but it is certainly overdone.

I agree the rain looks very realistic but it's raining way too much and it must be scaled back or we should be able to select the weather manually.

What about rain frequency online...

don't get me started about that! I get they have a shiny weather system and all and want to show it of, but this is just too much.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:10 PM, BelgiumDude said:

Okay that's broken! You would think those tracks would get excluded from rain in career. That's poor coding. I admit I don't know how to build a racing game but it sounds like a no-brainer and not that difficult to implement.

I don't know about it being broken as I have had wet races in previous games at Bahrain and Abu Dhabi not often though so I think it's about right as I've only had say like a couple here and there and that's across all the careers I've done on these games. I don' t know about this year as I haven't started yet. I plan to start one as soon as I finish the 2017 season I'm playing.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:13 PM, ThunderCats101 said:

I'm pretty sure this gets mentioned every year, yet I've never had this issue. I guess we'll just have to blame it on global warming! 🙈 

Yeah it does I've never really had a problem with it. For me the weather for the most part has been pretty realistic for whatever location I'm in.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I don't know about it being broken as I have had wet races in previous games at Bahrain and Abu Dhabi not often though so I think it's about right as I've only had say like a couple here and there and that's across all the careers I've done on these games. I don' t know about this year as I haven't started yet. I plan to start one as soon as I finish the 2017 season I'm playing.

I actually have had it rain during a race at Abu Dhabi and then in another season during practice. Over many F1 games since probably around 2014 and running the tracks many times... rained in exactly 1 Abu Dhabi race and 1 practice.

Never had rain at Bahrain. I'd be interested in it happening just to see what the track is like wet.

4 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

I actually have had it rain during a race at Abu Dhabi and then in another season during practice. Over many F1 games since probably around 2014 and running the tracks many times... rained in exactly 1 Abu Dhabi race and 1 practice.

Never had rain at Bahrain. I'd be interested in it happening just to see what the track is like wet.

I had a coyple of races in Bahrain that were wet in 2010. I think the wet Abu Dhabi ones were in 2012. but like I said I've not had it very often and that's across many careers that I've played.

I had 8 rainy races in a row in career mode. Before 1.05 it was perfect. Almost no rainy races, just like in real life

• Agree 1

I personally have only seen rain at circuits you would expect... China, Austria, silverstone, spa, Suzuka. All in various sessions of the weekend. Not a whole lot of rain and at tracks you would expect....

My question is though, where has the ‘dynamic weather system’ gone?

Scenario 1: dry start - rains at the end. 

Scenario 2: Wet start - dry at the end

I’ve been watching F1 for many years now and witnessed many wet/dry races. 

Why is there never a Scenario were it starts dry, conditions change to rain but then drys out again or vice versa.

In my opinion adding this change in weather would make the wet/dry races much more interesting as it’s quite easy to call strategy and change tyres