Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AI not fighting each other

Recommended Posts

Hey,

I've read other topics on the after-patch AI and I'd like to add to the discussion:

I started a new career earlier today as a Williams driver. Practice and qualification sessions were alright, AI was fast. I managed to qualify just in front of my teammate, George Russell.

Then the race came. During the race, the AI got stuck behind slower cars, unable to overtake each other, even with DRS. As a result bunch of trains were formed, in front and behind me, and the AI cars just kept trailing each other. Now, with a Williams in the first race of season 1, I almost managed to score points only because of this AI behavior, as I was consistently faster per lap.

The thing is that the AI tried and did fight me alright, it just seems that the AI cars were unable to fight each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AI is broken after the patch. Had the same issues. Also started a new carrer. Drove 3 races in a redbull. The merc + Ferraris were faster but everytime they tried to overtake they broke up and followed each other....lets hope they fix it and go back to the 1.04 AI.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, but the same behavior (train of cars unable to battle) was already massively present in 1.04 patch. Unable to overtake a car because they are so closed of each other. Really annoying 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, philappleraily said:

Sorry, but the same behavior (train of cars unable to battle) was already massively present in 1.04 patch. Unable to overtake a car because they are so closed of each other. Really annoying 

AI had a ton of wheel to wheel battles just yesterday in Mexico in my career. Vettel couldn’t get loose from the midfield due to the large DRS zone and was constantly attacked by Alfa’s (at first I was a few seconds behind watching it all but eventually joined in), Haas & Racing points. I don’t think a lap went by where the order was the same and the AI didn’t go side by side through the first 3 corners. I haven’t really had the ‘train’ issue at all so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

AI had a ton of wheel to wheel battles just yesterday in Mexico in my career. Vettel couldn’t get loose from the midfield due to the large DRS zone and was constantly attacked by Alfa’s (at first I was a few seconds behind watching it all but eventually joined in), Haas & Racing points. I don’t think a lap went by where the order was the same and the AI didn’t go side by side through the first 3 corners. I haven’t really had the ‘train’ issue at all so far.

I’m on PS4 and this is very annoying. You are very slow because you have 5 or 6 cars in front of you, very very close to each other. You cannot overtake because there is no room for that.

maybe with 1.05 patch. We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philappleraily said:

You cannot overtake because there is no room for that

Which is awesome because it makes you think about how you’re going to overtake instead of just driving by everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Je suis en train de jouer à 100% à Singapour, IA et c'est bon pour beaucoup de débordement de bataille ect ... ricciardo J'ai été très difficile à doubler, c'était une bataille à Leclerc Verstappen. mais mon gros problème est toujours le SC. il doit donner le SC comme F1 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Which is awesome because it makes you think about how you’re going to overtake instead of just driving by everyone.

Right if you have just one car in front of you, but this is not realistic. You have sometimes 4 or 5 cars following each other separated by just 1 or 2 meters for several laps. The slow car in front is not attacked at all. This train follows the racing line without battle. It’s impossible to overtake so many cars at once because their is no room between cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only did a few races after the patch, but didn't pay much attention about this "train issue". 

Now that i did, it's pretty clear and horrible. I did a race at monza and every team finished in pairs after eachother (as seen on the screenshots). Except for ricciardo, which was my fault for a sloppy pass at him.

DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0502.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Right if you have just one car in front of you, but this is not realistic. You have sometimes 4 or 5 cars following each other separated by just 1 or 2 meters for several laps. The slow car in front is not attacked at all. This train follows the racing line without battle. It’s impossible to overtake so many cars at once because their is no room between cars.

I havent found this at all. The lead guy in the pack is constantly under attack on most tracks (on patch 1.04)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well dont know what to do about this patch now dont know if out on xbox yet as have internet turned off been waiting for the performance patch since releasd really to start new game but from the sounds of it im besg of sticking to 1.4 . So the first patch has basicly ruined the game . I was woundering if the a1 were going to get diluted as it happend past 2 years the seem good on release then codies claim to inprove something when in fact its to dilute it . Its why ive got my internet of on console so didnt update automatically might just start new game and for get about the patches if this is the case . No sc . A1 **** . All the commentators go on about is mclaren in cutscenes every single race and a few other stuff I cant think of at min . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AI not fighting each other? More like AI fighting each other too hard and not letting the field spread out. At least that's what I've found from doing a 100% race at Azerbaijan. I think 1.04 was slightly better but I haven't gone through the whole season yet. On the R&D the midfield are pretty much equal now (due to performance update + R&D development) so maybe that might of been why they were close. But the AI are definitely still fun and challenging to pass for me personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ThunderCats101 said:

AI not fighting each other? More like AI fighting each other too hard and not letting the field spread out. At least that's what I've found from doing a 100% race at Azerbaijan. I think 1.04 was slightly better but I haven't gone through the whole season yet. On the R&D the midfield are pretty much equal now (due to performance update + R&D development) so maybe that might of been why they were close. But the AI are definitely still fun and challenging to pass for me personally. 

As I said in OP, the AI was fighting me, personally, and it was fun, but when it came for them to fight each other, it was basically nonexistent. They got stuck behind slower cars and they were just trailing each other without overtaking and trains formed around me, which almost got me to points in Williams in first race of the first season (so no upgrades).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ThunderCats101 said:

AI not fighting each other? More like AI fighting each other too hard and not letting the field spread out. At least that's what I've found from doing a 100% race at Azerbaijan. I think 1.04 was slightly better but I haven't gone through the whole season yet. On the R&D the midfield are pretty much equal now (due to performance update + R&D development) so maybe that might of been why they were close. But the AI are definitely still fun and challenging to pass for me personally. 

Yeah, this has been my experience so far. The 2 cars at the front of the train battle so ridiculously hard that they ruin the race for everyone behind them. This has been a thing since 2015, and the biggest difference so far is that the midfield, complete with the AI drivers, has never been closer in an F1 game before. IRL you at least have a level of variance on a track-by-track basis so the cars are more spread out in terms of pace, but here they're far too evenly matched post-patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Coffer said:

Yeah, this has been my experience so far. The 2 cars at the front of the train battle so ridiculously hard that they ruin the race for everyone behind them. This has been a thing since 2015, and the biggest difference so far is that the midfield, complete with the AI drivers, has never been closer in an F1 game before. IRL you at least have a level of variance on a track-by-track basis so the cars are more spread out in terms of pace, but here they're far too evenly matched post-patch.

From what I saw from behind the train, they were not fighting that much in front, at least in that particular race in Australia. But even if it is as you are saying, and if it is due to the grid being so close, that's just broken and it pretty much destroys any good experience from driving the career for me. (I also gave up on public multiplayer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope they will give us the 1.04 AI back. On most tracks the AI just drives behind each other in a train and follow the car in front. Also they just give up as soon as they go beside the player into a curve. Sadly a game breaking AI Performance after the patch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were trains in 2017,2018 and 2019 pre 1.05 too. 
it’s the game mechanics that is flawed. The ais that are being chased down don’t use mode 4 to try to not being chased down into drs range. 
 

that and the dirty air / slipstream ratio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KrazyLurt said:

There were trains in 2017,2018 and 2019 pre 1.05 too. 
it’s the game mechanics that is flawed. The ais that are being chased down don’t use mode 4 to try to not being chased down into drs range. 
 

that and the dirty air / slipstream ratio. 

Nah not really. 1.04 was much better and those trains only happened in 2018 when a driver with wing damage chose to stay out. during a race they are much better in previous games than what they are now with 1.05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were trains none the less. This is nothing new , and it varies from track to track. 
 

I’m not saying I like this train behavior but I think they need to alter the game mechanics rather than looking at the behavior of v 1.04. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×