Sign in to follow this  

Crossplay

Hi guys,

I'm guessing crossplay isn't on the agenda at the moment but I really think it should be. 

There's some good new multiplayer features this year in the weekly events and leagues but our community is split 3 ways. In 2019, it doesn't have to be. 

I play on Xbox and I can see the size of the community limiting the effectiveness of the new features - we already only see 100-200 players in ranked lobbies which is pretty low. We need a big community to make this stuff worth playing. 

Here's hoping it's something that can be implemented in the future. If Rocket League can do it, I'm sure F1 can!

Well rocket league is a new franchise designed by the devs for maximum participation on all platforms. It could be designed from scratch without licensing ever being an issue. Also everyone playing has pretty much the same game speed and experience for it to be equal as pc players don't get a real advantage. With a high gfx racing game though, unless everyone can play in smooth 60fps every where pc players running a whole host of telemetry apps would definitely have an advantage over console players. 

I agree it would be awesome for any racing game to play anyone world wide plus have the same leader boards. I just think pc players have so much of an advantage that joint lobbies would be unfair and need to be segregated anyway. Im speaking as a ps4 player who moved to pc for a better experience BTW. 

The game does run smoothly at 60fps on Xbox, can't talk for PS4.

I'm not sure telemetry is such an advantage (it's only a training tool) and there are some apps available for console.

That said I've not played on PC so couldn't compare my own lap times.