Sign in to follow this  

Why is my VIP Code on Dirt 3 not working?

I played my Dirt 3 game online for years and then my PS3 Console broke. I bought another one after a year and a half now but when I enter my VIP Code it said "The code you entered may not be correct or may no longer be valid" Please Help!

hmm, is it with the same user, logged in to PSN? if it isn't, that'll be why for sure.

if it is the same user, the servers maybe seem to have forgotten that your user had the pass already and are making you enter a code again, but the one you've got has already been used of course, and that's why it's not working. 😕

I bought Dirt 3 complete edition for PS3 second hand a year or so ago, not knowing that there was going to be a code I'd have to enter to get a couple of the cars and access to online (of course the one in the box had been entered already). and you can't buy the VIP pass the PS store anymore (or any Dirt content older than DR1 for that matter) so I'm stuck too.

brilliant game though. split screen is great to have.

Posted (edited)

Where are the CodeMasters support people?????????????? Never gonna buy  CodeMaster games again!!!!

Edited by GerhardG
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, GerhardG said:

Where are the CodeMasters support people?????????????? Never gonna buy  CodeMaster games again!!!!

Lol, go cry or something... ianism asked you a question. did you have the same PSN account? because the code should be connected to the same account, so than it is not neccesairy to re-enter the code. 

As @ianism said, its a good game. Split Screen and had some nice different styles of racing and had fun mini games for online 🙂 

• Agree 1

YES I have the same PSN account but still won't work. Same Username, email address but new PS3 CONSOLE.

• Sad 1

that sucks. try uninstalling and reinstalling it. logging in and out of your profile maybe? I don't know. I have two PS3s, but since I never had a working online pass I can't test out whether the online access transfers to a different console.

it's a pretty old game though - does anyone even play online in Dirt 3 anymore? CM doesn't really support those super old games and very few developers do. (there was a little maintenance patch on Steam for Dirt 4 and maybe other older CM games last week).

CM people don't really come on the forum too much, because they have like actual jobs and their own lives and stuff, and coming here is not part of their job.

if the online pass still isn't activating and you're desperate to play online and your computer is less than like 10 years old, get the PC version of Dirt 3. online access is free, it's easy to use a PS3 controller on PC, and it was on sale and/or free a lot, so you can find copies for ultra cheap. for example at g2a, which I've bought keys for games from several times: it's 0.30 EUR here! https://www.g2a.com/dirt-3-complete-edition-steam-global-i10000011431010

The code will already be redeemed by you, so cannot be redeemed again.  If you go to your owned PS Store content you will be able to find it there and download it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1