Patch 1.05 and AI performance

Yeah, seems about right. Make sure you do it at a ‘neutral’ AI track though. Some tracks are more difficult than others. Haven’t installed patch 1.05 yet so don’t know if it’s changed, but Melbourne is usually a good track thats in the middle of the AI range for me.

4 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Yeah, seems about right. Make sure you do it at a ‘neutral’ AI track though. Some tracks are more difficult than others. Haven’t installed patch 1.05 yet so don’t know if it’s changed, but Melbourne is usually a good track thats in the middle of the AI range for me.

Thanks for your help mate.

18 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I put the AI up to 90 and Norris qualified a tenth behind me in 10th position for the Spanish GP

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Any advice on how to get good starts?

Just now, peanutt2000 said:

Any advice on how to get good starts?

Man I wish I could. Sometimes I get solid starts, sometimes bad. Still haven't quite figured it out. Just keep the revs in the optimum window and be subtle on the throttle in the lower gears.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Yeah I think Hamilton’s the strongest rated driver now. Not counting Weber of course.

Unless this patch changed the AI driver performance stats as well, no, he's not even close to being the highest rated driver and hasn't been in a few games now. Vettel, Raikkonen and Leclerc in particular all have higher stats from what I last checked, though most of my testing was done with repeated qualifying sessions in equal cars.

Edited by Coffer
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Coffer said:

Unless he's been changed, no, he's not even close to being the highest rated driver and hasn't been since 2016. Vettel, Raikkonen and Leclerc in particular all have higher stats from what I last checked.

Really? That's... interesting. I did do a career starting with Sauber last year and found Leclerc incredibly strong, so it does make sense.

Last year I had the feeling Alonso was the strongest driver in the game as a teammate. Did he have particularly high stats as well?

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Really? That's... interesting. I did do a career starting with Sauber last year and found Leclerc incredibly strong, so it does make sense.

Last year I had the feeling Alonso was the strongest driver in the game as a teammate. Did he have particularly high stats as well?

Yeah, Vettel, Raikkonen, Alonso, Leclerc and Perez should be the best drivers in 2018, with Massa replacing Leclerc in 2017. AFAIK my tests found Vettel to have max stats and Raikkonen close behind him in 2016, 2017 and 2018, and while I'm yet to finish my tests in 2019, it looks similar here as well.

Truth be told I have no idea how CM judge their driver stats. In 2014 Bianchi had a whopping 0.97, being the second best driver in the game after Hamilton if my memory serves correctly, with Massa also having a crazy 0.96 and Kobayashi at 0.91 being better than Ricciardo (0.86)! That game also had a silly bug where Vettel, despite his 0.84 stat, still maintained many of his secondary stats from 2013, which led to him being good enough to regularly defeat the Mercs, obliterate Ricciardo and straight-up fight for the championship in my run many years ago.

Fun fact: Verstappen has never had good stats since his arrival in the sport. I have no idea why. Ricciardo's also been terrible since 2016, and in 2017 there was a string of two patches where Massa and then Perez somewhat regularly beat both Red Bulls just because they both had much better stats. Sometimes even both.

There's a lot of clumsiness and silliness if you're willing to dive into the files for these games - Raikkonen and Grosjean had their stats swapped with one another in both 2012 and 2013, Vettel and Webber had the same treatment in 2010, and most hilariously Red Bull still has a Renault engine in this game's files, even in 1.05 (and I don't mean the name - I mean the actual engine performance stats), something they messed up just as badly with Williams in 2014 when they were also accidentally given a Renault engine.

Edited by Coffer
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks, that's great stuff. To be honest I've been feeling like they haven't updated the driver rating/stat at all this year, apart from the new guys.

Last year I tried a lot of the same stuff you just explained (starting careers with multiple team on the same difficulty to get a feel about how good the AI drivers were individually), and I thought for instance that Hülkenberg was really solid whereas the Red Bull guys were a bit weak (Ricciardo marginally quicker than Verstappen). This year, Hulk is about 1-2 tenths quicker than Ricciardo in the same car. After Perez subbed into Renault for Ricciardo in my career, he immediately starting beating Hulk by 1-2 tenths. So yeah, Perez is still quite OP. If they indeed didn't change those ratings from 2018 that should mean Perez is about half a second quicker than Verstappen if they didn't update Max either. Which could cause some issues with transfers being a thing this season.

I didn't notice Vettel and Raikkonen to be quicker than Hamilton last year, though, but that might be down to my driving. Given Alonso's retirement, that's why I just assumed Hamilton to be quickest this year.

Just now, Andrew210227 said:

Thanks, that's great stuff. To be honest I've been feeling like they haven't updated the driver rating/stat at all this year, apart from the new guys.

Last year I tried a lot of the same stuff you just explained (starting careers with multiple team on the same difficulty to get a feel about how good the AI drivers were individually), and I thought for instance that Hülkenberg was really solid whereas the Red Bull guys were a bit weak (Ricciardo marginally quicker than Verstappen). This year, Hulk is about 1-2 tenths quicker than Ricciardo in the same car. After Perez subbed into Renault for Ricciardo in my career, he immediately starting beating Hulk by 1-2 tenths. So yeah, Perez is still quite OP. If they indeed didn't change those ratings from 2018 that should mean Perez is about half a second quicker than Verstappen if they didn't update Max either. Which could cause some issues with transfers being a thing this season.

I didn't notice Vettel and Raikkonen to be quicker than Hamilton last year, though, but that might be down to my driving. Given Alonso's retirement, that's why I just assumed Hamilton to be quickest this year.

Yep, from my brief tests so far it looks like they haven't changed any of the old drivers' stats. At least it works out nicely for Leclerc as he's right up there with Vettel the way he should be (and the same goes for Raikkonen bossing the midfield), but it does make you raise an eyebrow when you see Butler or Weber annihilate Verstappen while on the same team, or when you see Hulk regularly 1-2 tenths faster like you just mentioned (which is what I've experienced as well).

I've straight up seen people post screenshots of Perez winning races in a Red Bull. On merit too, not with the apparent AI Trulli Train bug from this patch. It's madness.

• Agree 1

Just started the Spanish gp where I started 10th bad start again and I dropped to 14th. Starts on this game are a ******* joke