Patch 1.05 and AI performance

Hi everyone,

I've played the game yesterday with Patch 1.05 and I have a question for you.

First of all I'm enjoying the "new handling". It seems more realistic to me. Before it seemed the cars were too slow through corners, specially high speed. The understeer was too much as well IMO. Anyway, the first thing I've done was to try running a TT session to compare the laptime with me previous ones. In my very first lap (around Catalunya) I was 0.8s quicker. So, for me it's clear that we can go faster now with the handling model changes (which is fine).

My question is: Do you think AI will also go faster? Or the change they've made means that we'll need to raise the bar in terms of AI difficulty? Thoughts?

Cheers

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In this patch the performance order of the teams has been rebalanced to better replicate the F1 Season and how it has evolved since preseason testing. This update affects both the car handling of your car and the performance of the AI cars.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/40256-f1®-2019-performance-updates-and-patch-105-patch-notes-updated-1707/

Edited by AllenB2609

I also question this, normally AI should be faster as well.

Austria is my actual weekend, I made it to P2 in Qualifying with my Alfa, Kimi 7th (he improved definitely but still +0.830 slower than me) I even made Q2 with mediums.

So I don`t know, either it is because Austria is my favorite track and I am pretty good at it (same in 2018), or I need to adjust AI, right now I am at 87 – this qualy result is the best I could reach this season, so far best was P8

Alfa went up in my season (still first season) to the 5th best car (Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, HAAS 😄 , then Alfa)

I think I will checkout Silverstone and make my decision, seems like AI is slower in Austria by some reason.

59 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

I also question this, normally AI should be faster as well.

Austria is my actual weekend, I made it to P2 in Qualifying with my Alfa, Kimi 7th (he improved definitely but still +0.830 slower than me) I even made Q2 with mediums.

So I don`t know, either it is because Austria is my favorite track and I am pretty good at it (same in 2018), or I need to adjust AI, right now I am at 87 – this qualy result is the best I could reach this season, so far best was P8

Alfa went up in my season (still first season) to the 5th best car (Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, HAAS 😄 , then Alfa)

I think I will checkout Silverstone and make my decision, seems like AI is slower in Austria by some reason.

There are some tracks where AI is very good (e.g.   Bahrain and Azerbaijan). There are others where AI is slow (China). This is something that happens in previous games too. Anyway, I think you can raise the difficult a bit. I'll start my career over again since the handling changed and my setups are not the best ones atm. 

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Imo, the AI need to be faster, just as the player as well, especially at 110 AI i expect the laptimes to be over a second faster than real life, sadly the opposite is the case:

But, at least CM are on the right track, now they only need to readjust the overall car performance for even faster laptimes.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error

Hi I’m currently doing a championship season with Sainz 100% race distance full weekend, I crashed in the rain in Australia, 8th in Bahrain, 12th in China and now I’m 15th in Baku. I’m on 89 difficulty and I’m really enjoying it. Only problem is is Lando Norris isn’t really pushing me, I’ve out qualified him in all 4 races but he’s currently beating me in Baku with 5 laps remaining, he’s in 10th having qualified 20th! I’ve not played sine the new patch (1.05) can anybody tell me If Landos AI has gotten faster because I think he really needs and upgrade the boy is rapid in qualifying in real life.

thanks   

Chances are your difficulty is a bit too low. Lando's AI is actually quite solid in this game (slightly better than Sainz's). Remember that on patch 1.04 McLaren is terrible, and barely can keep the STR's and Williams' behind them. Given that you finished 8th on a power track like Bahrain leads me to believe you probably need to up the difficulty by a few points.

9 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Chances are your difficulty is a bit too low. Lando's AI is actually quite solid in this game (slightly better than Sainz's). Remember that on patch 1.04 McLaren is terrible, and barely can keep the STR's and Williams' behind them. Given that you finished 8th on a power track like Bahrain leads me to believe you probably need to up the difficulty by a few points.

Thanks mate. Not blowing my own trumpet but I’m really really good in Bahrain. Australia qualified 11th, Bahrain 7th, China 7th and baku 15th. Apart from Bahrain I’ve really struggled for race pace so not sure about the difficulty. What you think?

2 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

Thanks mate. Not blowing my own trumpet but I’m really really good in Bahrain. Australia qualified 11th, Bahrain 7th, China 7th and baku 15th. Apart from Bahrain I’ve really struggled for race pace so not sure about the difficulty. What you think?

Looking at your qualy? Add 5 points minimum to difficulty.

Again, only if you want the most equal performance of Lando vs you. Which may not be fun, as there's no development in championship and you'll likely struggle for points almost everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Looking at your qualy? Add 5 points minimum to difficulty.

Again, only if you want the most equal performance of Lando vs you. Which may not be fun, as there's no development in championship and you'll likely struggle for points almost everywhere.

I’ve been saying this for years, why can’t they add all the development stuff that’s in career mode to just one season of championship mode...it’s so stupid it’s unreal. Is 5 points not a lot? That seems scary 😂  

7 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

I’ve been saying this for years, why can’t they add all the development stuff that’s in career mode to just one season of championship mode...it’s so stupid it’s unreal. Is 5 points not a lot? That seems scary 😂  

Yeah I just threw a number out there 😀

May I ask why you’re playing Championship and not career though?  Lando will automatically be your teammate if you sign with McLaren.

Just now, Andrew210227 said:

Yeah I just threw a number out there 😀

May I ask why you’re playing Championship and not career though?  Lando will automatically be your teammate if you sign with McLaren.

Just never been a fan of creating your own character. Doesn’t seem realistic to me. Like I said don’t see why you can’t do all the career mode stuff in championship mode with a real driver. Think of all the Hamilton fans out there who’d want to win a title with Hamilton in championship mode if they had all the development stuff in championship mode. Having to develop your car to keep in front of the Red Bull’s and Ferrari it would be enthralling.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, peanutt2000 said:

In career mode not sure about championship mode +1 click on the difficulty slider equals roughly + 0.1 0.2 seconds on the a.i laptimes.

3 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

In career mode not sure about championship mode +1 click on the difficulty slider equals roughly + 0.1 0.2 seconds on the a.i laptimes.

You’d think it’s the same wouldn’t you??

8 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

You’d think it’s the same wouldn’t you??

Yeah it should be something like that, I think it starts escalating above 100 to about 0.2-0.25 for each step.

11 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

So anything under 100 is a tenth a notch in difficulty 

Not exactly, I don't think there's an exact value to it (logically, it will vary from track to track). But I do know from experience the difference is higher once you get above 100. I'd say you try to raise it a few points and see where you are. Eventually you'll find a good base value.

1 hour ago, peanutt2000 said:

Just never been a fan of creating your own character. Doesn’t seem realistic to me. Like I said don’t see why you can’t do all the career mode stuff in championship mode with a real driver. Think of all the Hamilton fans out there who’d want to win a title with Hamilton in championship mode if they had all the development stuff in championship mode. Having to develop your car to keep in front of the Red Bull’s and Ferrari it would be enthralling.

Well you CAN do it almost in Career. Just name your character after the real life driver and spend some time making the avatar look similar then just run the first season. At least then you get the option of continuing to a 2nd season or more if you want to! If the avatar annoys you just don't look at it. I mean that's 99% of what you want to do is it not? 

16 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Well you CAN do it almost in Career. Just name your character after the real life driver and spend some time making the avatar look similar then just run the first season. At least then you get the option of continuing to a 2nd season or more if you want to! If the avatar annoys you just don't look at it. I mean that's 99% of what you want to do is it not? 

Can’t create a driver with same name as current driver.

Just now, peanutt2000 said:

Can’t create a driver with same name as current driver.

You could change one letter or use a nickname. The racing will be the same! 

Lewis 'amilton. 

Max Vestappen 

Charles Lclerc 

Examples! 

To find my perfect level maybe I should do a Grand Prix weekend and see how I compare to Hamilton. He’s obviously the fastest driver on the game is he not? I’ll just keep changing the AI level till he beats me by 1/2 tenths? Any advice?

Again not done championship mode but in career i compare my lap times to that of my teammate giving 0.3 secs either way.

42 minutes ago, peanutt2000 said:

To find my perfect level maybe I should do a Grand Prix weekend and see how I compare to Hamilton. He’s obviously the fastest driver on the game is he not? I’ll just keep changing the AI level till he beats me by 1/2 tenths? Any advice?

Yeah I think Hamilton’s the strongest rated driver now. Not counting Weber of course.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Yeah I think Hamilton’s the strongest rated driver now. Not counting Weber of course.

So you agree if I go Bottas and Hamilton beats me by say 2 tenths that should be my AI level

• Agree 2