[Patch 1.05] [Feedback] Please make the cars faster by another 1,5 - 2 seconds

Posted (edited)

With the 1.05 patch the cars are faster, but, if compared to real life laptimes, especially around Spain, the cars need to be at least another 1,5 sec. - 2 sec. faster imo.

Irl, Bottas did a 1:15:4 around Spain, in game the fastest time set in Time Trial as of now (PS4) is over a second slower at a 1:16:7, even though Time Trial has unrealistic perfect conditions and thus should be at least faster by a second to real life pole times.

Hope CM will make the cars become faster by another notch or two to match the real life quali performance a bit better in some of the forthcoming updates.

EDIT:

@David Greco 

Will the cars performance be updated again at a later time to correctly represent the real life laptimes and cornering ability of the F1 2019 cars?

15634420605544390808472562497654.jpg

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, question added
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I think Time Trial isn't the right choice to compare player lap times with real life lap times.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

I think Time Trial isn't the right choice to compare player lap times with real life lap times.

Yes, but Time Trial was always, and still is, faster than Grand Prix Mode or the baseline starter performance in Career Mode or even the standard baseline "realistic"car performance in Multiplayer due to the unrealistic nature of perfect conditions in all aspects, conditions such as: no tyre wear, perfect tyre temps, unlimited ERS / high fuel mix, lowest weight for the car, perfect track conditions etc.

In theory Time Trial laptimes therefore need to be faster by at least 0,5 - 1 second to real life pole laptimes, but currently the opposite is the case.

Also, what i found quite striking about most of the setups used by the fastest Time Trial drivers, they usually tend to use minimal aero to maximize straightline topspeed at the expense of cornering ability, whereas irl the topspeeds are low but cornering speed is out of this world.

CM need to rebalance this by making us go for cornering speed over topspeed, as it should be if compared to real life performances.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, new points of idea
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

@Akkan74

By the way here is a picture of one of the fastest current 1.05 patch pole time in game set by Mercedes in Spain at 110 difficulty:

15634462214356229462236991987691.jpg

EDIT:

I did 100 runs, the median pole laptime in Qualifying was around 1:16:9, the fastest 1:16:4, the slowest 1:17:2, all the runs were done in dry weather condition at 110 AI at Spain.

That is over a second slower to real life.

So not only is the players car too slow compared to real life, but the AI's car is as well.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Haha 1

One shot qualifying uses simulated times, so your trial is likely pointless given the discrepancy between simmed and actual AI times.

I'm sure there's still some difference between real times and F1 2019, but why do you care so much about times being exactly accurate? Isn't it much more about getting the 'feel' right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

David Greco explained a couple of times they're not making completely realistic lap times a priority because there are too many different factors, for example the tracks aren't laser scanned, the influence of wind, temperatures, tyre grip, track rubber etc. Even if they'd get the cars spot-on in a 100% simulation, these differences could already change the times by multiple seconds.

I think the most important thing is that the car handling feels right, balanced and fun to drive with similar characteristics to real life and I think they've achieved that with the latest update. 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

One shot qualifying uses simulated times, so your trial is likely pointless given the discrepancy between simmed and actual AI times.

I'm sure there's still some difference between real times and F1 2019, but why do you care so much about times being exactly accurate? Isn't it much more about getting the 'feel' right?

I did 100 runs, 20 were me driving through the whole event, 80 were simulated.

Simulated laptimes (80 runs were simulated) were in the high 1:16's or low 1:17's, actual test runs with me driving the whole event (did 20 runs myself in total) were in the mid 1:16's or high 1:16's.

The fastest time of 1:16:4 was done by a Mercedes car, LH44, during my 20 runs that i did myself. (Slowest in this 20 lap run was a 1:17:0)

The slowest time of 1:17:2 was done by a Mercedes car, LH44, during the 80 sim runs. (Fastest in this 80 lap sim run was a 1:16:5)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

@Akkan74

By the way here is a picture of one of the fastest current 1.05 patch pole time in game set by Mercedes in Spain at 110 difficulty:

15634462214356229462236991987691.jpg

EDIT:

I did 100 runs

You need to get out more mate lol!! :classic_rolleyes:😄

Just play the game, and enjoy it!

Edited by HamsterRacer80
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

I did 100 runs, 20 were me driving through the whole event, 80 were simulated.

Simulated laptimes (80 runs were simulated) were in the high 1:16's or low 1:17's, actual test runs with me driving the whole event (did 20 runs myself in total) were in the mid 1:16's or high 1:16's.

The fastest time of 1:16:4 was done by a Mercedes car, LH44, during my 20 runs that i did myself. (Slowest in this 20 lap run was a 1:17:0)

The slowest time of 1:17:2 was done by a Mercedes car, LH44, during the 80 sim runs. (Fastest in this 80 lap sim run was a 1:16:5)

If you did 20 runs yourself of one lap qualifying, you're still getting simulated times for the AI right? Am I missing something here?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

If you did 20 runs yourself of one lap qualifying, you're still getting simulated times for the AI right? Am I missing something here?

The times of the AI in my 20 laps, where i was actively driving through the whole event (5 One Shot Quali Runs, 5 Short Quali Runs, 10 Long Quali Runs), were significantly faster overall compared to the simulated 80 runs in One Shot Qualifying afterwards.

Actually, even at Short Qualifying and Long Qualifying the times were the same, basically at least 1 - 2 seconds down to real life.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format

48 minutes ago, HamsterRacer80 said:

You need to get out more mate lol!! :classic_rolleyes:😄

Just play the game, and enjoy it!

Had a surgery two months ago, am on restmode til November, too much time on my hands. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

I think the most important thing is that the car handling feels right, balanced and fun to drive with similar characteristics to real life and I think they've achieved that with the latest update. 

But that is the point, the cars do not feel right, currently they are going into the right direction, but the cars still need more grip, especially in high speed corners, hence why tracks with such type of corners seem to be multiple tenths or seconds off the pace in the game compared to real life.

David Greco explained a couple of times they're not making completely realistic lap times a priority because there are too many different factors, for example the tracks aren't laser scanned, the influence of wind, temperatures, tyre grip, track rubber etc. Even if they'd get the cars spot-on in a 100% simulation, these differences could already change the times by multiple seconds.

Nevertheless, if that is the standpoint of CM, then any suggestion made is futile.

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error

I don't think anyone actually cares WHY the ai lap times are not the same as real life as long as they ARE the same or very close. I mean how hard is it to just increase their speeds so they match real life? As long as it is not done by making the cars themselves faster it would solve the problem right? Although is seems as if people wouldn't even mind that being the case as long as the times were closer to real life. 

I have to make a valid point also that how is it people can complain about the ai or human drivers (ahem gamers like all of us) not being able to lap as fast as actual F1 drivers? These guys are the best of the best drivers in the world pushing the best cars to the to the limit is their actual JOB. How is it realistic that we should be even CLOSE to the times that they're capable of making? Same thing goes for ai drivers as a human dev still has to tell them how to drive and which lines to use in the first place. Just a thought! 

• Agree 3

Really not that important. End of the day it's a game and it's close enough for me. More interested in the handling and how they AI can battle with me.

• Agree 2

On 7/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, Worntoathread said:

That's the whole point.... the cars feel slower because the game simulates less grip in the game than in real life.

• Agree 1

Real life times should be comparable to AI100% in my opinion. 

• Agree 3

They also need to make the characteristics of the cars better. Ferrari should absolutely flying on the straight and have to be at least 5-10 kp/h faster than the Mercedes on the straights. While that Mercedes and RB are much faster on corners. Look at Hungary currently.

• Agree 1

TT still runs engine in medium mode if I’m correct.  If that is still the case then max engine mode would be around 1 sec quicker on most tracks.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:32 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

With the 1.05 patch the cars are faster, but, if compared to real life laptimes, especially around Spain, the cars need to be at least another 1,5 sec. - 2 sec. faster imo.

Irl, Hamilton did a 1:15:4 around Spain, in game the fastest time set in Time Trial as of now (PS4) is over a second slower at a 1:16:7, even though Time Trial has unrealistic perfect conditions and thus should be at least faster by a second to real life pole times.

Hope CM will make the cars become faster by another notch or two to match the real life quali performance a bit better in some of the forthcoming updates.

EDIT:

@David Greco 

Will the cars performance be updated again at a later time to correctly represent the real life laptimes and cornering ability of the F1 2019 cars?

15634420605544390808472562497654.jpg

In no way shape or form should TT players driving T-Cam be matching real life times, but unfortunately these times are already being destroyed due to the silly physics of the game...

4 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

In no way shape or form should TT players driving T-Cam be matching real life times, but unfortunately these times are already being destroyed due to the silly physics of the game...

T-Cam should be nerfed like any other assist, 5secs slower than cockpit at a minuim,

ITS A TV BROADCAST CAMERA PEOPLE!

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Acerees said:

TT still runs engine in medium mode if I’m correct.  If that is still the case then max engine mode would be around 1 sec quicker on most tracks.

If you use any of the UDP Telemetry Apps, you can see that engine mode in TT is fixed at 4 (Quali mode), ERS at 5 (Hotlap mode) and tyre temps are fixed as well.

TT has no tyre wear, no fuel usage, no ERS depletion, perfect tyre temps, perfect track conditions, no car damage for the whole session, meaning that where real life drivers will start losing time due to the obligation of having to manage their cars, TT offers a perfect scenario that should theoretically be at least 0,5 - 1 seconds faster than real life pole lap times.

11 hours ago, BluntRS said:

T-Cam should be nerfed like any other assist, 5secs slower than cockpit at a minuim,

Imo, the topic of T-Cam or Cockpit cam usage is "off topic" to the OP and deserves its own thread.

The main topic at hand was about the cars having not enough grip in highspeed sections which results in the ingame cars not being able to get close to real life Pole laptimes and therefore needed to be updated again to closely represent real life performance more consistently.

Please let us keep it "on topic".

Anyways, i know that visual assists, such as T-Cam, give an outright advantage over Cockpit cam usage due to players having a much easier time to grasp and master visual awereness through using T-Cam instead, but at the end of the day the car still behaves the same way in all camera angles and thus should not get slower when using T-Cam or any other camera view of choice.

If at all, CM could grant extra ingame experience points and or ingame cash to those driving in Cockpit cam, and or even make certain MP ranks, for example Gold skill rank, locked down to only those that use absolutely 0 assists, meaning that you have to turn everything off or else you will never be able to get to Gold skill rank.

Also, this is to CM:

Imo, Cockpit cam should be selected by the game as default, and to make Cockpit cam more attractive to the masses please force them on in E-Sports so that all E-Sports competitors have to drive in Cockpit cam or Helmet cam at all given times during the tournament, give us VR, or at the very least a Helmet cam + more camera options such as camera lean / higher Look To Apex values 0° - 45°, Visual G-Force simulation etc. to compensate for the lack of VR, basically just copy and paste what Slightly Mad Studios has been offering for years with their PCars series for Cockpit and Helmet cam drivers.

CM, please do something.

(Rant Mode: On)

A official reply to any of these proposed changes of Cockpit cam and Helmet cam as well as the performance of the cars will be appreciated.

A simple yes / no / maybe is enough.

Either way, a explanation to many topics is what the community has been asking for since forever, but most of the time all we can hear is crickets or the usual cryptic answer with no details à la "we'll look into it" or "someday" etc., but the worst is the absolute silence towards plenty of reoccuring feedback, proposals and questions.

Faya doesn't deserve the rile up, JennyAnnem did not deserve it either, i guess it's the devs decision and or possibly a internal company procedure to keep info off public.

Who knows, we never get any transparency.

(Rant Mode: Off)

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Agree 1

Sadly I agree ,

were on patch 1.06 ps4 now,

if we were still on patch 1.05 most would be very happy, 

i don't understand ,if they can't find a hot fix. Then simple rollback to patch 1.05 ,

Simple solution is to take 1 step backwards to go 2 steps forward,

I am a huge fan of codemasters so I am confused as why nothing has been done ,

all the best .

t300 , ps4 uk , racing rig  , wireless headphone and many other gizmos. 

3 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

If you use any of the UDP Telemetry Apps, you can see that engine mode in TT is fixed at 4 (Quali mode), ERS at 5 (Hotlap mode) and tyre temps are fixed as well.

TT has no tyre wear, no fuel usage, no ERS depletion, perfect tyre temps, perfect track conditions, no car damage for the whole session, meaning that where real life drivers will start losing time due to the obligation of having to manage their cars, TT offers a perfect scenario that should theoretically be at least 0,5 - 1 seconds faster than real life pole lap times.

Imo, the topic of T-Cam or Cockpit cam usage is "off topic" to the OP and deserves its own thread.

The main topic at hand was about the cars having not enough grip in highspeed sections which results in the ingame cars not being able to get close to real life Pole laptimes and therefore needed to be updated again to closely represent real life performance more consistently.

Please let us keep it "on topic".

Anyways, i know that visual assists, such as T-Cam, give an outright advantage over Cockpit cam usage due to players having a much easier time to grasp and master visual awereness through using T-Cam instead, but at the end of the day the car still behaves the same way in all camera angles and thus should not get slower when using T-Cam or any other camera view of choice.

If at all, CM could grant extra ingame experience points and or ingame cash to those driving in Cockpit cam, and or even make certain MP ranks, for example Gold skill rank, locked down to only those that use absolutely 0 assists, meaning that you have to turn everything off or else you will never be able to get to Gold skill rank.

Also, this is to CM:

Imo, Cockpit cam should be selected by the game as default, and to make Cockpit cam more attractive to the masses please force them on in E-Sports so that all E-Sports competitors have to drive in Cockpit cam or Helmet cam at all given times during the tournament, give us VR, or at the very least a Helmet cam + more camera options such as camera lean / higher Look To Apex values 0° - 45°, Visual G-Force simulation etc. to compensate for the lack of VR, basically just copy and paste what Slightly Mad Studios has been offering for years with their PCars series for Cockpit and Helmet cam drivers.

CM, please do something.

(Rant Mode: On)

A official reply to any of these proposed changes of Cockpit cam and Helmet cam as well as the performance of the cars will be appreciated.

A simple yes / no / maybe is enough.

Either way, a explanation to many topics is what the community has been asking for since forever, but most of the time all we can hear is crickets or the usual cryptic answer with no details à la "we'll look into it" or "someday" etc., but the worst is the absolute silence towards plenty of reoccuring feedback, proposals and questions.

Faya doesn't deserve the rile up, JennyAnnem did not deserve it either, i guess it's the devs decision and or possibly a internal company procedure to keep info off public.

Who knows, we never get any transparency.

(Rant Mode: Off)

I’m not sure if that UDP is entirely accurate though as the brakes temps are too cold to be of any use.  Also I am able to qualify faster in GP mode compared to TT on some tracks using the same setup.

19 hours ago, SimracerGysepy said:

3 hours ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Just replying to someone making a valid point.

15 hours ago, BluntRS said:

2 hours ago, Acerees said:

I’m not sure if that UDP is entirely accurate though as the brakes temps are too cold to be of any use. 

Yes, the brakes are suspiciously cold.

2 hours ago, Acerees said:

Also I am able to qualify faster in GP mode compared to TT on some tracks using the same setup.

For me it is the opposite, i am much faster in TT compared to game modes where i actually have to manage the car and tyres.

Guess it is different in many cases.