Sign in to follow this  

F1 2020 Holland edition

Posted (edited)

If you see the massive crowds of orange dressed  supporters at a lot of circuits the past years I'm surprised Codemasters hasn't been going full in on Max mania. Why is there no Dutch localization?  Next year Zandvoort will be in the game and a lot of Dutch people will wanna race that circuit in a Red Bull or whatever car Max ends up next year. Might I suggest a full orange cover and Dutch localization and if you are playing out of holland the majority of the supporters in the stands is dressed in orange. My fellow neighbors go crazy on everything that has the color orange and can't resist to buy it. :classic_tongue:

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Like 1

Dutch people don't like the Dutch language in their games. It sounds so childish so it's a waste of time. 

• Agree 2

25 minutes ago, F1XL Roland said:

Dutch people don't like the Dutch language in their games. It sounds so childish so it's a waste of time. 

Yeah i agree. Dutch commentators in games are not really realistic and sounds really like they are reading it from paper like Fifa :classic_biggrin:. English language is the way to go in my opinion! 😉

9 minutes ago, Heinos said:

Yeah i agree. Dutch commentators in games are not really realistic and sounds really like they are reading it from paper like Fifa :classic_biggrin:. English language is the way to go in my opinion! 😉

Also, the Dutch F1 commentators are really annoying.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Also, the Dutch F1 commentators are really annoying.

"Max this, Max there, ..." It's all Max. The most annoying ones I've seen so far are those two old muppets from RTL, I think it's called slip stream. Those two I would suggest for the commentary in game. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Just now, BelgiumDude said:

"Max this, Max there, ..." It's all Max. The most annoying ones I've seen so far are those two old muppets from RTL, I think it's called slip stream. Those two I would suggest for the commentary in game. :classic_biggrin:

So true. I once turned on the pre-race studio show one time and told my sister (who was watching with me) that they would somehow manage to drag Max into a story he had nothing to do with (about Massa I think) within the next 30 seconds.

Took them 18 seconds. Not even kidding.

• Haha 1

Dutch language sucks, but if it broadens the appeal to others please do. Just don’t force it down my throat.  

Please don’t.. Verstappen has talent, but I’m really starting to dislike him, because of his “fans”. “Max this, Max that..” these so called fans aren’t there for the sport, they just want an excuse to act like total idiots and hope to see their own face on tv... and I’m from Holland 😀

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Please don’t.. Verstappen has talent, but I’m really starting to dislike him, because of his “fans”. “Max this, Max that..” these so called fans aren’t there for the sport, they just want an excuse to act like total idiots and hope to see their own face on tv... and I’m from Holland 😀

So it's not just me? I really  thought I was being a jealous Belgian when I said to a Dutch guy I was more surprised about the Honda engine than Max his performance in Austria. which was met with much disbelief. 

I don't get Max Mania and I live in the country next to you so I'm used to seeing the "orange army" in full effect on a lot of occasions but Max Mania is so weird because people spend lot's of money on Max Mania. I also wonder where all those Dutch F1 fans were before Max came to F1. 

Edited by BelgiumDude

It’s not just you, I really don’t get it either. You can’t say anything less than super positive about Max.. 😀

To be fair, you can’t have a normal discussion with these people.. there’s always this sort of low iq mob mentality vibe in this “orange army”. When Verstappen leaves F1, they’ll probably go back to cheering for darts or soccer... or whatever gives them a excuse to act like idiots and make the Dutch be ashamed of their own people. 

• Agree 2