Feedback and ideas for F1 2020

Please Codemasters:

1. Laser scanned tracks

2. Realistic F1 driving physics

3. Better force feedback

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Please add an option for the Ghost in Time Trial to 'wait' at every start of a sector for you to catch up, just like the ghost waits at the start line.

Sometimes I can keep up with the ghost in sector 1, but need to practice some corners in sector 2 or 3. The ghost is getting away and makes it hard to follow and practice those corners. If the ghost just waits at the start of each sector for me to catch up, it would be much easier to master all the corners, even the last ones.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

I hope they make slow curves like the Monaco hotel hairpin duable for the pad controllers. Even with all assists OFF the system they use in F1 2019 to control excessive steering (only with control pads) in low speed doesn't work in this kind of slow hairpins. Some times even if you brake enough and you go slow when you fully turn you can even see in the cockpit view the drivers arms not turning enough and by consequence not being able to do the turn. I understand this kind of built-in "steering aid" that no one can turn off is essential for ppl that use pads to be competitive and enjoy but at least you should allow it to be tuned. 

• Agree 1

On 10/17/2019 at 6:34 AM, Bertje1989 said:

Ability to practice racestarts

Oh my.  Yes.  So very yes.  I'm absolutely horrific at starts, and there's no way to practise them without doing a race and just rewinding the start over and over again.

• Agree 3

Let's check some of my wishes from 2015/2016:
Something centered on Michael Schumacher? Check.
Driver creation and customization? Check. (Though could still be improved by adding more faces and helmets of former drivers and then KEEPING them for future games.)
Narrative in career mode? Check. (Even though it's very barebones at this early stage)
Driver transfers? CHECK. (Drivers retiring and new drivers graduating should be next)
Ferrari F2004? Check.
McLaren MP4/13? Check.
Ferrari F300? The F1-2000 is close enough, I guess. At least it has the Tic Tac sponsorship.
Zandvoort? Check.
Better race engineer with more lines? Check.
Safety car? Check.
Formation lap? Check.
Interviews with the press? Check.
Smaller categories like F2? Check.
Rotating calendar in career mode so that the tracks and their order isn't the same every season? Check.
Your team celebrating on the pitwall when you have a great result? Check.
Better, more accurate faces on driver models? Check.
Diffrent podium animations for different drivers ? Maybe? 

Some wishes that haven't made it into the game, yet:
All-time leaderboards for titles, wins, podiums, poles, fastest laps etc. in career. I want to see my name amongs the legends of the sport. And I want the AI drivers in the game also to improve their stats. Same goes for the team mode by the way. I think it's essential that there's statistics on where the team stands in the pantheon of constructors of both past and present. 
Custom grid order in quick races.
Winning championships and breaking records actually mattering (unique cutscenes like FIA prize giving gala, unlockable video clips from F1's past, trophy room etc). The unlockable video clips would also be a good way to show new fans some glimpses into the sport's history. The Netflix series has brought many new fans to F1 but they have no clue about pre-2019 Formula 1 and it's not like many of them are going to watch old races or even season reviews to catch up, at least not without seeing some brief teasers. The clips don't have to be long, even 20-30 seconds could cover most of the biggest moments that have happened in the past.
Classic tracks like Istanbul, Magny-Cours, Donington, Jerez.
Getting stuck on gravel.
More realistic damage model (like front wing slashing a tire, suspension getting slightly bent but not leading into retirement etc).
Deforming barriers.
Team orders.
Track editor.
Winter testing.
Team sponsors on your helmet in career mode.

Looking good Codemasters, looking good. 

• Like 1

Can we get the Manx flag (isle of man) please? It's slightly annoying having to use the "world map" flag as my home countries national flag isnt on the game.

Posted (edited)

- slight modifications to the front brake bias can completely change the behavior of your car, I feel we should be able to change it by 1% during races, maybe even 1/2%

- if you attend a league race and you're the only human player in there, the game should at least ask if you don't mind racing alone, and not penalise you if you do mind (if I'm gonna race the IA, might as well do it in carreer mode with an IA that suits me)

- on the same subject, if you're in a league in which you're the only human player to actually attend races, you should be offered to leave the league without any penalty to your attendance rating

- there are way too much different leagues, most of them with less than 2 players. Maybe forbid people with low attendance rating to create schedruled leagues ?

- the penalty system, I know it's hard to create a fair automatic system but when someone turns on you as you overtake them on a straight...

- in carrer mode, more realistic drivers transferts

- still in carrer mode, powertrain development should be different from aerodynamics and chassis developpment

- highlights should focus on overtaking (It even managed to miss the only overtake that happened in one of my races). The camera used isn't ideal either

Edited by Jocw

Something I would like to see is during the course of the weekend is how the kerbs discolour and the white lines.

• Agree 1

Please, Please make a time out disconnect for people with bad internet connection or any other issue. It ruins every other player gaming experience if someone has poor connection or doesnt have a decent gaming rig.

The major thing that can be inputed is at first place listenning what the Fans wants for.. And listenning /reading what they want more and where Codemasters need or should to improve 

Remember to stay civil. I've hidden some comments that contained swearing or were otherwise abusive 🙂 

You can check the forum rules from here

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, janithemaster said:

Please, Please make a time out disconnect for people with bad internet connection or any other issue. It ruins every other player gaming experience if someone has poor connection or doesnt have a decent gaming rig.

Seriously?? I assume you mean something more along the lines of their internet speed/stability rather than the hardware they use to race? Singling people out because they have just a controller or what is classified as "not decent gaming rig" is a big no no!

Posted (edited)

These were the hottest requested items for the game by a survey done of over 100 people on my friends list and league. Hope they can be put into the game as they are pretty straightforward things to an extent and not extravagant

• Online championship mode back (it was removed from last years game)
  • Ability to save full length replays offline and offline (even Pcars2 has this ability)
  • LAN mode for consoles (a major requested one by friends instead of split screen)
  • Ability to set cars to 'EQUAL' in offline races
  • Ability to use our own driver in Single offline Grand Prix mode
  • Hockenheim and Sepang as bonus 'classic' tracks. The current map models from f1 2019 Hockenheim and F1 2017 game Sepang would work in new game 
  • Winter Testing session before seasons starts
  • Wear on track over race weekend and during 25% races or longer
Edited by TomAAA
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, UP100 said:

Remember to stay civil. I've hidden some comments that contained swearing or were otherwise abusive 🙂 

You can check the forum rules from here

Its Hard read /listen the truths for some People.. We gamers /lovers of F1 year After year we are here as a Fans as a followers and admirers in a spirit of trying to help and improve to make everyone s job much easier and with higher quality at their final product..we show only whats the areas when its needing be changed.. And a lot of People have the same thinking.. If Codemasters could listenned /readed some comments and opinions Last years too for sure Today 50% of us here would be much more a Happier and satisfied Fan.. My limit is arriving.. I won t buy next Game 

I’ve been playing MotoGP 20 the last few days, and I wish Codemaster would “steal” some of their ideas (and vice versa).

To name few:

Career progression: you’ll start your career with a Moto3 team, work your way up to moto2 and try to get a contract with a MotoGP team by winning races. 

So one full play trough consists of a minimum of 3 seasons and you’ll have to earn your place with the big teams. (If you want, you also jump straight to the main thing)

AI: They make mistakes, slip and fall. Sometimes they’ll make a stupid decision and get in trouble. This makes for unpredictable races, while still being fair. 

Classic content: historic tracks, bikes and riders!

Also helmet cam and no microtransaction!

• RALF SCHUMACHER - 2005/06 Toyota
• Heinz-Harald Frentzen - 1999 Jordan or 2001 Prost or 2002 Arrows or 2003 Sauber
• Nick Heidfeld - 2001 Sauber
• Rubens Barrichello - 1998/99 Stewart
• Mika Salo - 1998 Arrows
• Eddie Irvine/Pedro de la Rosa - 2001 Jaguar
• Jenson Button - 2000 Williams
• David Coulthard - 2006 Red Bull
• Mika Häkkinen - 2001 McLaren
• Giancarlo Fisichella - 1998 Benetton or 2003 Jordan
• Fernando Alonso - 2001 Minardi
• Olivier Panis - 2001 BAR

Circuits

• Autódromo Juan y Oscar Gálvez (1998 layout)
• Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari (2001 layout)
• Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours (2001 layout)
• Hockenheimring (2001 layout)
  • Agree 2

Alright, so basically I really liked F1 2019 except for just a few things. I agree with StanleyGoodSpeed about getting rid of the in garage menu along with getting rid of the fake drivers. I also think it would be a good idea to add in a thing where you can choose how many driver transfers occur in a season, for instance you could have a bone to small to medium to large amount or something like that, cause I really like driver transfers a lot cause I think it spices things up but I also recognize that other people may not want that. 

But the biggest thing I want to see for future F1 games (if you codemasters people can manage it) is that I want old tracks to be playable. Like, it would be amazing to have some sort of archive game mode or something where I can go back and race at the German Grand Prix or Korea, and Malaysia along with all the other great tracks that have come and gone. That would increase the interest and longevity of the game because it would add a lot more circuits to explore, learn, and race on. So if you could do that that would really make the game for me.

Also I really appreciate this whole feedback thing cause I’m not used to game makers actually listening to its users so thank so much codemasters for taking my opinion into account. 

I just want to say that after trying F1 2020 for the first time, I think it is better than F1 2019. Tha car handles a bit more realistic, although not there yet, the grip also seems more realistic and track surface as well, though I would still sugest laser scaned tracks. The graphics are also better, whic is a good thing, but I guess what we all really want from this game is to be as realistic is possible, so please try to go in that direction.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 5:38 AM, NorseSonOfOdin said:

Can we get the Manx flag (The Isle Of Man) please??

Why not use the British flag?. I thought the Manx was a part of the United Kingdom and not a sovereign state that’s a member of the United Nations in its own right

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, BeatriceNicola3 said:

I just want to say that after trying F1 2020 for the first time, I think it is better than F1 2019. Tha car handles a bit more realistic, although not there yet, the grip also seems more realistic and track surface as well, though I would still sugest laser scaned tracks. The graphics are also better, whic is a good thing, but I guess what we all really want from this game is to be as realistic is possible, so please try to go in that direction.

the best direction is always simulation. Those who test the beta must push programmers towards simulation and by simulation I mean a complete simulation, ranging from handling, to the behavior of tires, suspensions and the real-time evolution of the track. With the new consoles we absolutely need the laser scanner of all the tracks and the live track 3.0. I'd like a much more complex dynamic weather where the player has to decide whether to take risks and stay on the track on dry tires, or to stop and risk the rain ending immediately. I am 25 years old and I was born with a passion for this sport and I reviewed the spa race in 1995 where schumy ridiculed opponents in the rain with dry tires. One day I would like such a thing. P.S from 2022 we will have more difficult cars to drive, I think that for Codemasters this is the year of truth. They could create a truly simulation game, and what everyone hopes for. The new consoles will have great capabilities and in addition to the graphics, we may have finally realistic physics. I hope that my prayers will be answered and that Codemasters will follow the path of pure simulation because esports have become like a job now, so you have to offer the best from a product and simulation is the only possible way

Edited by mikyesposto95
  • Agree 2

Just seen project cars 3 gameplay, the interlagos circuit is spot on terrific, updated kerbs etc, turn 5 always bugs me with codemasters their is a good amount of kerb and wall, no grass what so ever. Like Canada on the first trailer where the mclaren hits the wall.

This was most definitely looked as over half of those suggestions are in the new game😆. I’d like to see RnD and economy in online leagues or even managers. Would add a great aspect to the leagues and avoid the constant arguments of whether to race realistically or with equal performance etc.