Feedback and ideas for F1 2020

After playing F1 2019 for a few weeks, like everyone, I’ve come up with a few features I’d like to see in future F1 games. 
These aren’t complaints, I actually like F1 2019, it’s just some positive feedback and a few new ideas for, who knows, maybe 2020?

• A full F2 championship in career mode that actually impacts your F1 career options.
  • No more fictional drivers, please.
  • Option to disable mid-season transfers. For me it takes away from the realism and adds nothing in return. 
  • No more multiplayer car, maybe it’s just me, but I like to see and race with the actual real world F1 cars... and drivers. 
  • Visor Cam (check out Project Cars’ helmet cam). Look for F1 visor cam on Youtube, it looks spectacular. Looks like fun. 
  • Dirt Rally-style F1 team management: Mechanics, R&D, agent, pit crew, etc. Instead of doing the same practice sessions over and over again (year after year) for research points.
  • Get rid of the reporter, let your accomplishments and behaviour on track (and team management) decide your stats and rep. 
  • Updated post race animations.
  • Historical tracks and keep the 2019 tracks that don’t make onto the 2020 calender. Use it for multiplayer, time trials, invitationals.
  • Please, no more fictional drivers and their scripted drama.
  • I just read about the Nemesis system in the new Grid game, it sounds promising and I think it would be a great way to get a natural random rivalry going in the F1 career too. (With real world F1 drivers please)
  • No more microtransactions, cosmetics or other. Seriously Codemasters, don’t go all EA on us now. I’m all for extra dlc or a season pass for more content, but not those dirty microtransactions.
  • Please substitute the stuffy old first person paddock/workstation enviorment for a sleek new no nonsense menu system.
  • Tyre punctures, from collisions or on track debris.
  • More spectacular and realistic crashes and damage. There’s like one crash animation in the game. We’ll be oke, we have halo’s now. 
  • Select real world drivers helmet designs for your driver.
  • Truck Racing Championships.. just kidding, please don’t 😀

Ofcourse this is just my opinion; and even with all these things mentioned above, like I said, I still enjoy playing F1 2019. I like the car handeling, leagues, F2, the cars, weather and tracks all look great and it’s just fun to play 👍

___

TL;DR: focus on a more realistic and fun on track experience, less tedious off track fluff and drama.  

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

F1 2020 Should cater for all players, or cater for none and sell the licence.

• Agree 1

Ideas for F1 2020: don't release next year's version. Get 90% of staff working to fix 2019 and all legacy bugs from previous games, with the other 10% working in the 2020 car designs/sounds to just release the cars in an add on to 2019. 

Once 2019 is in a pristine condition, then focus on 2021. Do a full game beta not just a chop of it so all modes and features can be properly tested and go from there. Oh and don't release another version without that years performances again just to be out earlier, what a rubbish decision that was!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Wouldn't mind skipping a season if it meant the game being more stable and enjoyable i.e safety car glitch to name just one. And suppose it will give me more time to finish 100% career mode must say though I'm running on ps4 and codemasters have nye on nailed it in my opinion.

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

Ideas for F1 2020: don't release next year's version. Get 90% of staff working to fix 2019 and all legacy bugs from previous games, with the other 10% working in the 2020 car designs/sounds to just release the cars in an add on to 2019. 

Once 2019 is in a pristine condition, then focus on 2021. Do a full game beta not just a chop of it so all modes and features can be properly tested and go from there. Oh and don't release another version without that years performances again just to be out earlier, what a rubbish decision that was!

Not a bad idea, but obviously won't happen. They'll manage to sell the game anyway so it makes no sense from a business perspective. Also, it's not unlikely that part of their license deal with F1 requires them to release a game every calendar year.

4 hours ago, martbloke said:

Sure until the season of 2020 starts and some teams get other liveries and you want to race in the new car and when it's Zandvoort GP you feel bad because you can't race it.  Nah I want F1 2020,  where can I pre order? :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Sure until the season of 2020 starts and some teams get other liveries and you want to race in the new car and when it's Zandvoort GP you feel bad because you can't race it.  Nah I want F1 2020,  where can I pre order? :classic_biggrin:

Yup, me too 😁

3 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Not a bad idea, but obviously won't happen. They'll manage to sell the game anyway so it makes no sense from a business perspective. Also, it's not unlikely that part of their license deal with F1 requires them to release a game every calendar year.

It could happen if players stuck togher, obviously wont happen,

Licence deal with F1 is irrelevant, if players voted with thier money, Codemasters would get the message theyd listen to, loss of money due to drop in sales.

• Agree 3

Mid Season transfers are totally killed my carreer mode.  I hope they will delete that with 1.06 patch. Driver transfers are okey in the game, but Mid Season transfers are totally unrealistic.

• Agree 5

Posted (edited)

Id like to see the drivers get a progressive skill rating for career mode, similar to other annual sports sims like FIFA, MLB the Show and NBA 2K, where AI skill is bases on a few variables (like outright speed, consistency, wet weather skill etc). Combined with a ‘potential’ grade base on age and potential this could give a more dynamic grid.

Edited by Andrew210227
  • Agree 1

i have some ideas that would make the game a lot better...,.....number 1 they need to get rid of f2 altogether it spoils it its called formula 1 for a reason. what would make it better is if they gave the players character a voice.....for example if you choose to drive as a female which you can do when you are talking to the press instead of just clicking answer you select what you want to say and your character talks like real life and they should also apply accents.....for example if you choose to be female and be indian or welsh or scottish when you talk to the press you have a female voice in scottish accent.........they can do that because carl in the data centre has a voice and he has a australian accent so it is possible.  also they give the option to drive all the classic f1 cars so why cant they bring back the classic tracks? the original spa in belgium which was a longer track india valencia zandvoort nurburgring magny cours the ain diab track estoril argentina watkins glen etc? if they can bring back the classic cars they should also bring back the classic tracks and give the player the option of the 21 race standard season or the extended season which includes the classic tracks.....it would make the game a lot more challenging with the new tracks and it would be a lot more realistic if your character actually talked instead of clicking on what you want to say and thats it. they should get rid of formula 2 altogether and make it a 10 season career mode like they have done before

• Disagree 2

On 7/18/2019 at 4:55 PM, StanleyGoodspeed said:

After playing F1 2019 for a few weeks, like everyone, I’ve come up with a few features I’d like to see in future F1 games. 
These aren’t complaints, I actually like F1 2019, it’s just some positive feedback and a few new ideas for, who knows, maybe 2020?

• A full F2 championship in career mode that actually impacts your F1 career options.
  • No more fictional drivers, please.
  • Option to disable mid-season transfers. For me it takes away from the realism and adds nothing in return. 
  • No more multiplayer car, maybe it’s just me, but I like to see and race with the actual real world F1 cars... and drivers. 
  • Visor Cam (check out Project Cars’ helmet cam). Look for F1 visor cam on Youtube, it looks spectacular. Looks like fun. 
  • Dirt Rally-style F1 team management: Mechanics, R&D, agent, pit crew, etc. Instead of doing the same practice sessions over and over again (year after year) for research points.
  • Get rid of the reporter, let your accomplishments and behaviour on track (and team management) decide your stats and rep. 
  • Updated post race animations.
  • Historical tracks and keep the 2019 tracks that don’t make onto the 2020 calender. Use it for multiplayer, time trials, invitationals.
  • Please, no more fictional drivers and their scripted drama.
  • I just read about the Nemesis system in the new Grid game, it sounds promising and I think it would be a great way to get a natural random rivalry going in the F1 career too. (With real world F1 drivers please)
  • No more microtransactions, cosmetics or other. Seriously Codemasters, don’t go all EA on us now. I’m all for extra dlc or a season pass for more content, but not those dirty microtransactions.
  • Please substitute the stuffy old first person paddock/workstation enviorment for a sleek new no nonsense menu system.
  • Tyre punctures, from collisions or on track debris.
  • More spectacular and realistic crashes and damage. There’s like one crash animation in the game. We’ll be oke, we have halo’s now. 
  • Select real world drivers helmet designs for your driver.
  • Truck Racing Championships.. just kidding, please don’t 😀

Ofcourse this is just my opinion; and even with all these things mentioned above, like I said, I still enjoy playing F1 2019. I like the car handeling, leagues, F2, the cars, weather and tracks all look great and it’s just fun to play 👍

___

TL;DR: focus on a more realistic and fun on track experience, less tedious off track fluff and drama.  

The fictional drivers are completely fine. They've done that sort of drama before and they've straight up done it well - just look at TOCA Race Driver 1 and 2. The dynamic just doesn't work well with a real series like F1 because of the license limitations, meaning they can't implement the same system and the same sort of interactions you have with Butler and Weber with the real drivers. Same reason why the AI driver helmets don't change their sponsors or why you've never been allowed to have sponsors on your helmet at all - someone's going to complain about it, and there's little they can do about it.

Plus, F1 is all about the drama. Always has been, always will be. Take that away and you remove a big chunk of what makes F1 the sport that it is. There are always other simracing titles for you to play (focused on other, much simpler motorsports like rallying or GT3) if you don't like that, like iRacing for some actual serious multiplayer, or ACC if you're masochistic enough to really want to know what it's like to play a hollow and broken game.

For the most part, your options are either not feasible for a multitude of reasons (more realistic damage, sponsors, real world driver helmets, other tracks), already done with mods (visor cam, sponsors, realistic damage), unarticulated (F2 that "actually impacts your F1 career options" how? let your accomplishments and on-track behavior decide your stats and rep how?) or straight-up bewildering (team management, thinking that driver transfers in and of themselves take away from the realism, your multiplayer car argument). You're confusing design with implementation and completely misinterpreting F1 as a whole. Stuff like this is why developers never take such threads seriously, because they know what it's like to have ambitions be shot down by the reality of the world.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Coffer said:

Stuff like this is why developers never take such threads seriously, because they know what it's like to have ambitions be shot down by the reality of the world.

Relax mate, it’s just a couple of ideas (most also found in other games, so i.m.o. feasable). Like I said, it’s just my feedback, it’s by no means anything you should get worked up about. 😉

About F2, I think it’s little weird, that even if you’re the worst driver on the track, all the top F1 teams still want you, maybe that’s just me.

Accomplishment/on track behavior: could impact sponsor goals like qualifying place, drive clean, podium finish, etc. Money earned can be invested in R&D or to hire better mechanics. It has been done before by CM, Dirt rally and Grid had a similar system. Just a thought. 

Personally I don’t like all the extra’s, the scripted and terribly acted drama and other fictional stuff. I just play F1 for the racing, wich I still enjoy a lot. Just like I do the original Dirt Rally and Project Cars, wich I like for these exact same reasons. 

At the end of the day, it’s still just a game, have a nice day, mate!

Lazer scanned tracks has to be a priority... Dont be claiming most authentic F1 otherwise....

Damage, tyre and fuel wear in time trial.... Better setup options

• Agree 1

Ideas for 2020, 

very Optimistic, I could be wrong and hope I am but we will all be lucky to get a game at all next year, it could possibly be a dlc, every one seems to neglect the fact that the next generation of consoles release holiday season 2020, f1 will also go through one of the most drastic changes to its formula in 2021. So what I’m saying is that no one should anticipate any major overhaul to the game next year. So be prepared and temper your expectations. That’s reality.

1 hour ago, pbrstreetgangkt said:

So be prepared and temper your expectations. That’s reality.

I know, like I said, they’re just some ideas of what I as a gamer would enjoy. Can’t hurt to give your two cents right?

But you’re right, the truth is we’ll just get a slightly updated version of this years game... and we’re probably all still gonna buy it. 😊

On 7/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, Andrew210227 said:

Also, it's not unlikely that part of their license deal with F1 requires them to release a game every calendar year.

This was confirmed many years ago, though admittedly the terms may have changed since then.

• Thanks 1