Is anyone really enjoying THIS?

Posted (edited)

The AI. They form trains and can´t manage to overtake and 50% races still screw the Top 10 over. I mean look at this.

Lap 11 https://imgur.com/a/tnxepVi

Lap 21 https://imgur.com/a/PNOZn7T

Results https://imgur.com/a/TbOCxPt

This P8 doesn´t feel rewarding at all as there was no one to actually fight me except of Ricciardo and as the AI still is so easy to outplay it was just.. boring really. No side by side action, no divebombs nothing. He even backed out when he was next to me in turn one. Also I feel like slipstream and DRS are weaker for the AI than for the player. If I´m 1 sec away from Sainz on the main straight I still catch him before the end, if he´s about 6 tenths behind me he doesnt manage to come close me. 

Edited by TheIceman022
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I actually just red did this race in F1 2018 just to see the differences. Same car, same track, same AI difficulty, same strategy.

Lap 11 https://imgur.com/a/0B4zQoU

Lap 21 https://imgur.com/a/8Ke8tvC

Results https://imgur.com/a/3GEc4s5

As you can see: No trains, nobody got screwed over by strategy no nothing. I was as quick as Leclerc the whole race and had a great battle for 29 laps. Then in the end Grosjean caught us on softs while we caught Vandoorne at the same time. Side by side through corners, mostly fair. Sure the AI in 2018 doesn´t block as good as in 2019 buit if you race them fair then it´s much more fun than in 2019 right now.

And if some might think now "Well go back to 2018 then if you enjoy it more" I will. Definelty after Melbourne and Bahrain in 2019 in comparison to Bahrain in 2018 which I just did. It´s just hardly annoying that I paid another 26€ (imagine paying 50 or even 70€ for this) just so I keep playing a game that I already have because it´s (on track) a more enjoyable experience than the new game that was "2 years under development" it´s a shame.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, TheIceman022 said:

The AI. They form trains and can´t manage to overtake and 50% races still screw the Top 10 over. I mean look at this.

Lap 11 https://imgur.com/a/tnxepVi

Lap 21 https://imgur.com/a/PNOZn7T

Results https://imgur.com/a/TbOCxPt

This P8 doesn´t feel rewarding at all as there was no one to actually fight me except of Ricciardo and as the AI still is so easy to outplay it was just.. boring really. No side by side action, no divebombs nothing. He even backed out when he was next to me in turn one. Also I feel like slipstream and DRS are weaker for the AI than for the player. If I´m 1 sec away from Sainz on the main straight I still catch him before the end, if he´s about 6 tenths behind me he doesnt manage to come close me. 

Two questions:

Have you been having this for a while or only since patch 1.05 update?

What difficulty are you on?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Two questions:

Have you been having this for a while or only since patch 1.05 update?

What difficulty are you on?

Thanks.

I only played career mode since 1.05 (have read about the issues, yes). I only did a 25% F2 season before with some 50% races and a few 5 lap and 25% races in Grand Prix mode. So while I don´t have a huge comparison bewteen 1.04 and 1.05 I also think it came with the patch.

AI difficulty is 98 in both. I used to play 98 - 101 in 2018 but I really struggle on 100 in 2019 and 98 seemed fine. Made me qualify 18th in Bahrain and made me finish where you would expect in grand prix mode. The race though as you can see 2 big trains, no overtakes niether AI v AI nor AI v Player. 2018 has as it stands right now the better AI. Defo not the fact pre 1.05 from what I experienced in the 25% races.

Edited by TheIceman022
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheIceman022 said:

I only played career mode since 1.05 (have read about the issues, yes). I only did a 25% F2 season before with some 50% races and a few 5 lap and 25% races in Grand Prix mode. So while I don´t have a huge comparison bewteen 1.04 and 1.05 I also think it came with the patch.

AI difficulty is 98 in both. I used to play 98 - 101 in 2018 but I really struggle on 100 in 2019 and 98 seemed fine. Made me qualify 18th in Bahrain. The race though as you can see 2 big trains, no overtakes niether AI v AI nor AI v Player. 2018 has as it stands right now the better AI. Defo not the fact pre 1.05 from what I experienced in the 25% races.

I’m still on 1.04, disconnected to make sure the update didn’t go through because I saw some similar posts to yours regarding the AI. I can tell you I play on a difficulty that’s comparable, and on 1.04 the AI is the single best feature of the game in my opinion. Considerably better than F1 2018. It punishes divebombs by the player, and the AI constantly battle and overtake each other on the straights.

2 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

I’m still on 1.04, disconnected to make sure the update didn’t go through because I saw some similar posts to yours regarding the AI. I can tell you I play on a difficulty that’s comparable, and on 1.04 the AI is the single best feature of the game in my opinion. Considerably better than F1 2018. It punishes divebombs by the player, and the AI constantly battle and overtake each other on the straights.

Yea what you describe is what I´ve seen in F2 and in those quick races too. I think if I re install it it will automatically download to 1.05 via steam (bought it there via key) or I gotta play 2018 till 2019 is finally pacthed. Hardly annoying really but thats how it is with codemasters for years now. I should have known better really.

• Thanks 1

I'm on 1.05 (from Azerbaijan) career 100% on 98 AI. AI were battling each other a bit too much for my liking in different clusters in Azerbaijan. Just did Spanish GP today and the field was much more spread out. I'm guessing it could be an issue with certain circuits. 

1 hour ago, ThunderCats101 said:

I'm on 1.05 (from Azerbaijan) career 100% on 98 AI. AI were battling each other a bit too much for my liking in different clusters in Azerbaijan. Just did Spanish GP today and the field was much more spread out. I'm guessing it could be an issue with certain circuits. 

Maybe it is but im personally not willing to find out. I just hope they will fix it as soon as possible. Maybe even go back to 1.04 AI until it´s fixed as wet races are kinda rare and we still can increase the difficulty if is going to be a wet race. Not ideal but much better than what we have now.

Posted (edited)

Not too much of a surprise as the only real deviations from the precalculated AI behavior are through minute adjustments through their stats, some of which determine the likelihood of scripted events like lockups. Unlike in the 2010-2014 games, the drivers are simply not influenced enough by their stats to break apart these trains, and with them being programmed to stick to a move even when doing so is clearly wrong and would slow both cars down (as they literally attack in EVERY CORNER if given an opportunity), it's no surprise that such trains quickly form. And yes, it's worse in F2 as the cars are completely equal, and all it takes is the front 2 battling through multiple slow corners to completely ruin a race.

That said, no, this was absolutely a thing in 1.04 too. It's just that the new car performance stats have made it so most of the midfield is dead even, which is primarily what exacerbates this issue. It's one of the reasons I race solely on 100% length.

Edited by Coffer
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

After reading this and other similar threads I'm glad I havn't bought this game! Will consider it as second hand after the final patch is released, with two years invested in making it codemasters look pretty inept.

So far it appears the 19 game is a mess, worse than 18, other than the graphics overhaul. Why not improve the base game, looks and half baked new features are irrelevant in comparison. At least get rid of the bugs that were patched in previous editions!

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Im enjoying it yeah. It’s the best yet in the series and im having a lot of fun with it

• Agree 2

No issues here, opponents using drs and going side by side.  Red bull squeezed McLaren to inside brook lands and then pushed to go side by side through luffield.

Im seeing no issues anywhere.  

1B6A3180-AE30-4BE9-9E41-EC9594A7121A.png

• Agree 3

I don't think the AI is the issue, the issue is that in the latest patch made the midfield insanely close and due to the fact that dirty air doesn't have too much effect they form these long DRS trains but I have seen 2 AI's go side by side for almost an entire lap at Brazil. Don't see how CM could possibly fix this unless they increase the effect of dirty air or reduce the speed gained from slipstream.

On 7/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, ChasteWand said:

After reading this and other similar threads I'm glad I havn't bought this game! Will consider it as second hand after the final patch is released, with two years invested in making it codemasters look pretty inept.

So far it appears the 19 game is a mess, worse than 18, other than the graphics overhaul. Why not improve the base game, looks and half baked new features are irrelevant in comparison. At least get rid of the bugs that were patched in previous editions!

It's not worse than 18 . It's one of the better games in a few years actually . Alot less bugs than last year and they are working on these . Good one codemasters

Posted (edited)

By the way, I don't understand why AI cars are affected by DNFs while the player car is bulletproof. Also, AI pace is quite different in the race compared to qualifying sessions. I know development times are short but these things are not really hard to notice.

Edited by frds2