Why is this also in ranked lobbies?

Posted (edited)

Ranked lobbies is what it's supposed to be right? Rank for SKILL and safety.

the discussion of assist drivers beeing sometimes stupid faster and show off with their so called gold "skill" status is welknown and the scream for split lobbies is therefore higher then even, especially now that with the new update assist drivers have it even more easy with the back of the car getting more stable and thus TC medium has less megative impact but still helps when going off track or well how 85% of them race. 

So non assist drivers already have to rely on their acquired skill to be somewhere fast and maybe even win.

now something has caught my attention, WHY IS TYRE TEMPS SET TO ONLY SURFACE AND NOT SURFACE AND CARCASS!?

one of the area's where NA drivers can make a difference is also taken away from them/us.

what is the use of a "skill" status and ranked lobby which is supposed to be the lobby where actual skill, driving style and clean racing SHOULD count more then medium TC, ABS, surface temps and whatever. It's so bad, people just use assists in any way possible as an exploit in stead of where they are made for. 

Ranked lobbies should not be for drivers that need assists, or help with tyres or whatever. And all you do is make the ONE lobby that should have and is supposed to be one of the most challenging COMPETITIVE parts where actual skill is measured against each other and where people can get awarded for that skill, the most easy thing for people who exploit assists and tyre temps.

there is absolutely no incentive or motivation whatsoever for Non Assist racers to race in ranked because the parts where they can make a difference and where you should be awarded for, SKILL, is all beeing slapped in their/our faces.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

Welcome to my world

Been trying to campaign for the last years, with little to no support, one size lobby doesnt fit all,

Assits / view / visual aids ( I know many dont agree ) all give a unfair advantage to some degree.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Posted (edited)

One solution could be to adopt to Battlefield 4's "Noob Server" type of system, where if you are below a certain rank, you will be put into lobbies with people who are also "nubs" as for they have not yet reached a specific level to unlock the "normal" servers.

A revised version of this could be used for F1's ranked lobbies.

For example, if you are below rank 10 and or have a low safety rating, you won't be able to get to the "normal" ranked mode, but if you have reached rank 10 and have at least a safety rating of A, you can compete in the "normal" ranked mode.

Meaning:

"Nub" ranked mode = All assists allowed, 25% race distance, safety car on, dynamic weather, tyre simulation on, oneshot qualifying, manual race starts & pits, warm up lap on, visual assists allowed, all camera angles allowed

"Normal" ranked mode = All assists banned, 25% race distance, safety car on, dynamic weather, tyre simulation on, short qualifying, manual race starts & pits, warm up lap on, visual assists allowed, all camera angles allowed

"Hardcore" ranked mode = All assists banned, 50% or 100% race distance, safety car on, dynamic weather, tyre simulation on, long qualifying, manual race starts & pits, warm up lap on, visual assists banned, forced cockpit camera angle

Rank 0 - 9 and or safety rating < A = "Nub" ranked mode

Rank 10 - 50 and or safety rating at least at A = "Normal" ranked mode

We could even add another optional tier into this, which will be reserved for those that have reached rank 25+, "Hardcore" ranked mode.

Rank 25 - 50 and or safety rating > A = "Hardcore" ranked mode

To make all things fair, this is how the experience points and or ingame cash bonus could be distributed for all three ranked modes (X=experience points, $=ingame cash), (0% = standard XP + $ progression and no bonus, x% = value of bonus added on top of the standard progression):

"Nub" ranked mode = 0% X / $

"Normal" ranked mode = 100% X / $

"Hardcore" ranked mode = 500% X / $

Brake Assist = 0% X / $

ABS = 0% X / $

No ABS = 100% X / $

Full TC = 0% X / $

Medium TC = 10% X / $

No TC = 100% X / $

Auto Gears = 0% X / $

Manual Suggested Gears = 50% X / $

Manual Gears = 100% X / $

Full Racing Line = 0% X / $

Corners Only Racing Line = 0% X / $

No Racing Line = 250% X / $

Auto ERS = 0% X / $

Manual ERS = 50% X / $

Camera Angle (Far, Near, Frontwing, Nose, TCam, TCam Offset) = 0% X / $

Cockpit Cam = 250% X / $

HUD on = 0% X / $

HUD off = 250% X / $

For these type of multipliers to work correctly, the XP needed to rank up from one level to another should be set high, so that progression is very slow, unless you drive with absolutely no assists of course, no visual assists, cockpit cam and in "Hardcore" ranked mode, which will give you some massive boosts to faster ranking up and getting more cash than normal.

Also the prices of each individual customization item needs to be at least 8 times higher than it is right now, to make the sysem work more consistent and in alignment with the bonus multipliers.

As for penalties, the cleaner you drive the higher your safety rating XP + $ bonus will be, the dirtier you are the more XP + $ will be taken away from you and you will be deranked and in the worst case scenarios even get a limited ban for a specific period of time to help clean up the lobbies.

Also, imo, XP + $ should only be gained in ranked mode, whereas safety rating should be awarded in all MP modes except of private lobbies were this won't affect the players, but in private lobbies this will be granted at the expense of not being able to rank up or get any ingame cash as well as not getting any statistics for private races.

Stats should be given everywhere, except of private lobbies

This is just one of many theoretical solutions that we could be using to improve MP overall, what are your suggestions?

What would you want to see the most in MP for a more balanced and fair experience?

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Spelling error, format, new points of idea
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

@SturmDesTodes Really well thought out, and written Kudos

Personally would like to see above but be able to choose what rank lobby, starting at the bottom ( which is the same for everyone ) your still racing with people, ultimately your trying to avoid, and some not all, like to play lets ruin everyone's race, so it could be difficult depending on what time of day you race, to ever leave the rank, ( Never done rank due to no restrictions, so ultimately dont know whats it likes, but impression I get is not good based on reviews )

Option for lobbys, all assistance, medium assistance, no assistance, that way depending how you play, your with like minded people from the start,

Ultimately I would like ranked scraped, licence with all perks in ( what is unranked / Leagues ) host can choose to turn licence on or off ( like Project Cars, which has force cockpit option, and I happily race online, F1 2019 public lobby never see one, HINT Codemasters your forcing players offline ), and set lobby up how they want ( once all assits / visual aids are added ), personally never liked dynamic weather, I like to set it to how the actual race was.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@SturmDesTodes it would be the easiest way to make a level cap like you said for each category. I think this would cater all parties. 

If you want to reach gold status you have to use „hardcore“ mode. Otherwise you can‘t get higher and the game should have a leaderboard for each category. It would be totally fine for me. 

The only thing i am a different meaning is, if you say hardcore mode and you claim e.g. proximity arrows as an assist, you have to use 100% races not less. Otherwise it‘s not hardcore. For me that‘s the way harder part to be concentrated and fast for 100% of the race. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thx for the replies @Akkan74 @SturmDesTodes @BluntRS, but IMO it doesn't have to be all that extreme. Raceline i can handle, pitrelease and all I van handle, maybe cockpit view needs to be mandatory yes, but not necessary.

the biggest problems we all know, now especially after the patch is TC and ABS, which make a lot (not everyone!) of people drive like complete A-holes, not giving a damn about fellow racers, and even exploiting the assists just to win. Seeeing people with assists enter a lobby and starting with a standard setup, winning the race after starting 15th is complete insanity, and totally unrealistic. Especially if you see how they make their way through the field.

damage doesn't seem to affect them, going off track doesn't affect them, full throttle over kerbs doesn't affect them, where all these things make NA 99% of the time spin or almost lose the car. Not even speaking of when you get hit as a NA player. 

And without both tyre temps on, damage doesn't affect driving even more, where without you lose downforce and temperatures which make a car harder to drive. Assist racers just post a fastest lap without half a frontwing which should be next to impossible to do.

everything is made for assist drivers and there is absolutely no love in any form for NA racers who actually have any form of skill. The difference is so enormous, and IMO when people use assists as exploit, that can and may never be rewarded in any for of skill points whatsoever. No discussion possible. Wanna hit gold? Go in a NA lobby. Your chances to have a good and clean race are so much bigger because of the risks that come with it, and it makes online in fact FUN again.

i can handle beeing smashed by a NA racer, in fact I love it because i can learn from where he's better and faster. But beeing outclasses by a second a lap by someone who just exploits the assists is just disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

@AlexTT I understand what your saying, and I also understand some, only class ABS - TC as assits, but only adding those 2 would make little difference to some no assits player in my opinion, 

Unless thier is a big change with all assits / visual aids added, it wouldnt encourage me to race online. extreme or not, and I understand a lot wont like it, but they need to cater for all, even if some are only the minority.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BluntRS said:

@AlexTT I understand what your saying, and I also understand some, only class ABS - TC as assits, but only adding those 2 would make little difference to some no assits player in my opinion, 

Unless thier is a big change with all assits / visual aids added, it wouldnt encourage me to race online. extreme or not, and I understand a lot wont like it, but they need to cater for all, even if some are only the minority.

Wait, i gues manual starts aren't active also right? Seeeing i just did a race in France with someone else who also didn't use assists.

here comes someone who joins, and blast past us at the start (and i know my manual starts are pretty damn good) as if we're standing still, and with his abs and traction control pulls a gap of 2 seconds in half a lap because his tyre temps don't matter with TC on off course. And a basic setup on the car.

and this is the kind of demotivating and disgusting thing I just can't stand. Throw in all available assists, even tyre temps, and auto start.

*** do you call it a ranked lobby for then? *** is it called SKILL points when obviously all assists that require 0!!! Skill are allowed. And the worst thing is that CM just let them be used as exploits (also called cheating) 

for godsake please change the name from SKILL points to anything but something that implies it awards the true skilled racers, because this is just a joke. How can CM be so ignorant? 

They take all the things away what skilled racers can use to their benefit in a RANKED lobby with SKILL points, and award the cheaters/exploiters. 

This is just so wrong and an emberrassment!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Wait, i gues manual starts aren't active also right? Seeeing i just did a race in France with someone else who also didn't use assists.

here comes someone who joins, and blast past us at the start (and i know my manual starts are pretty damn good) as if we're standing still, and with his abs and traction control pulls a gap of 2 seconds in half a lap because his tyre temps don't matter with TC on off course. And a basic setup on the car.

and this is the kind of demotivating and disgusting thing I just can't stand. Throw in all available assists, even tyre temps, and auto start.

*** do you call it a ranked lobby for then? *** is it called SKILL points when obviously all assists that require 0!!! Skill are allowed. And the worst thing is that CM just let them be used as exploits (also called cheating) 

for godsake please change the name from SKILL points to anything but something that implies it awards the true skilled racers, because this is just a joke. How can CM be so ignorant? 

They take all the things away what skilled racers can use to their benefit in a RANKED lobby with SKILL points, and award the cheaters/exploiters. 

This is just so wrong and an emberrassment!

YOUR PREACHING TO CHORE,

I suggest a lobby with everything banned, you say thats to extreme,

And to be honest I dont know why I was quoted in this reply, cause it sounds like its aimed at Codemasters.,

I agree with every you know this, ranked is a complete waist of time until Codemasters cater for all players not the casuals ( other word ive been told is not allowed )

2 hours ago, BluntRS said:

YOUR PREACHING TO CHORE,

I suggest a lobby with everything banned, you say thats to extreme,

And to be honest I dont know why I was quoted in this reply, cause it sounds like its aimed at Codemasters.,

I agree with every you know this, ranked is a complete waist of time until Codemasters cater for all players not the casuals ( other word ive been told is not allowed )

A lobby with all banned? Fine by me, just giving my opinion about the OP assists which directly give time gains. Prox. Arrows is more visual aid to prevent crashes. 

I just really hope to get CM view on this.

• Like 1

I've been a member of this forum for a few weeks now. I've read through a lot of threads and conversations, great conversations. There's two bases here. The casual driver/player and the hard core driver/player. It's clear the hard core drivers/players feel that they're not being heard in some areas. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

A lobby with all banned? Fine by me, just giving my opinion about the OP assists which directly give time gains. Prox. Arrows is more visual aid to prevent crashes. 

I just really hope to get CM view on this.

Visual aids still give a advantage to some degree, even if its not as big other others,

Me to, Codemasters could really cater for all if they wanted to.

Just look at some of thier marketing quotes in my signature, personally think thier more like one liners ba-da cha! 🤣

Edited by BluntRS

Posted (edited)

About TC...

check out this video, he's not using ABS, but look at how he uses (exploits) TC to the max. If NA players go full throttle the way he is going, we'd be spinning off like crazy. The way he drives, and still able to attack corners and curbstones this aggresive, THAT is Exploiting TC to the fullest. And as a NA racer you can't figure out at first why such a guy is so stupid fast even over curbs, which would bite you in the ass HARD when you attack them as this guy does. And he keeps taking speed with him througout the corners, not TC slowing him down. Guess what? 2 gold "skill" thingies. Like ALMOST every other gold "skill" player.

PS: the name in the menu right is not HIS name, at the end I switch names so you can see I'm not naming amd shaming.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Sorry I cant watch that view, & agree 100%

Lobbys need more options, and Codemasters need to cater for all players.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BluntRS said:

Sorry I cant watch that view, & agree 100%

Lobbys need more options, and Codemasters need to cater for all players.

This view is only possible when spectating bro. This is not about the view, it's about how TC gives an edge when used (exploited) right. If i could use cockpit view i could, but this is where i have to work with.

i'm trying to show the facts and wake up CM to do something about it but i should know better and already know that CM doesn't give a damn about the people who want a level playingfield.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

He is NOT using TC in that video. TC is easy to tell because the green acceleration bar 'stutters' when it is at the top during a corner, he is driving without assists actually and I know that player (even tho you don't name him I know him from the friends in that race and his crash helmet and car) and know he does not use TC. You are talking nonsense. 

As for the 'spinning on kerbs' he isn't even near attacking them hard enough in fact he hardly uses them round Australia, you prob think its using them hard because in cockpit view you are taking more of the kerb than you think. Also TC does not make you stable on the kerbs, it is not stability control. Maybe you should look at the fastest times and racers in the world on the boards they are all set without brake and tc assists. They confirmed in the F1 e-sports pro draft last night that using tc and/or abs will make you at least 1.2 seconds slower hence why none of those drivers use it (cue BluntRS aka AScott to moan about t cam)

Edited by TomAAA

55 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

This view is only possible when spectating bro. This is not about the view, it's about how TC gives an edge when used (exploited) right. If i could use cockpit view i could, but this is where i have to work with.

i'm trying to show the facts and wake up CM to do something about it but i should know better and already know that CM doesn't give a damn about the people who want a level playingfield.

Am sorry bud I jumped the gun, when I seen the first frame,

I see something not right, the way its just full on throttle all the time, unlike the brake which is modulated, but being replay how accurate is the rev counter, am not disputing whats thier using or not using cause I dont know,

But ultimately Codemasters needs to add options, sooner the better.

Posted (edited)

TC makes the acceleration bar which is the green bar around the gear number in the hud, it makes it stutter at the top of the bar, its amplified in replay mode even more, the fact there is no stutter at the top of the bar and the fact I KNOW who they are and they don't use TC proves its no assists. He is fast.

This is the problem people instantly assume someone is fast because of assists even though the game does not tell you what they are using. F1 e sports confirmed assists are slower and the fact no top fast times are set with them is another clue. Also the fanatec pedals with adjustability or the thrustmaster t3pa accelerator mods by simbb etc make accelerator control much easier now, so in game assists are better switched off and bettered by physical pedal assists now

Edited by TomAAA

This is the problem people dont read posts properly, they assume, I DONT KNOW WHAT HE IS USEING, which is clearly written in black and white, thats right 😎

On 7/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

One solution could be to adopt to Battlefield 4's "Noob Server" type of system, where if you are below a certain rank, you will be put into lobbies with people who are also "nubs" as for they have not yet reached a specific level to unlock the "normal" servers.

For example, if you are below rank 10 and or have a low safety rating, you won't be able to get to the "normal" ranked mode, but if you have reached rank 10 and have at least a safety rating of A, you can compete in the "normal" ranked mode.

Meaning:

"Nub" ranked mode = All assists allowed, 25% race distance, safety car on, dynamic weather, tyre simulation on, oneshot qualifying, manual race starts & pits, warm up lap on, visual assists allowed, all camera angles allowed

"Normal" ranked mode = All assists banned, 25% race distance, safety car on, dynamic weather, tyre simulation on, short qualifying, manual race starts & pits, warm up lap on, visual assists allowed, all camera angles allowed

"Hardcore" ranked mode = All assists banned, 50% or 100% race distance, safety car on, dynamic weather, tyre simulation on, long qualifying, manual race starts & pits, warm up lap on, visual assists banned, forced cockpit camera angle

We could even add another optional tier into this, which will be reserved for those that have reached rank 25+, "Hardcore" ranked mode.

To make all things fair, this is how the experience points and or ingame cash bonus could be distributed for all three ranked modes (X=experience points, $=ingame cash), (0% = standard XP + $ progression and no bonus, x% = value of bonus added on top of the standard progression):

Brake Assist = 0% X / $

ABS = 0% X / $

No ABS = 100% X / $

Full TC = 0% X / $

Medium TC = 10% X / $

No TC = 100% X / $

Auto Gears = 0% X / $

Auto ERS = 0% X / $

Manual ERS = 50% X / $

Cockpit Cam = 250% X / $

HUD on = 0% X / $

HUD off = 250% X / $

For these type of multipliers to work correctly, the XP needed to rank up from one level to another should be set high, so that progression is very slow, unless you drive with absolutely no assists of course, no visual assists, cockpit cam and in "Hardcore" ranked mode, which will give you some massive boosts to faster ranking up and getting more cash than normal.

Also the prices of each individual customization item needs to be at least 8 times higher than it is right now, to make the sysem work more consistent and in alignment with the bonus multipliers.

As for penalties, the cleaner you drive the higher your safety rating XP + $ bonus will be, the dirtier you are the more XP + $ will be taken away from you and you will be deranked and in the worst case scenarios even get a limited ban for a specific period of time to help clean up the lobbies.

Also, imo, XP + $ should only be gained in ranked mode, whereas safety rating should be awarded in all MP modes except of private lobbies were this won't affect the players, but in private lobbies this will be granted at the expense of not being able to rank up or get any ingame cash as well as not getting any statistics for private races.

This is just one of many theoretical solutions that we could be using to improve MP overall, what are your suggestions?

What would you want to see the most in MP for a more balanced and fair experience?

Good idea.

Could also have it so that an assist has a certain value which affects what max skill level you can reach and not progress passed. The more assists used, the lower the max skill level you can reach. You can only progress further by turning assists off. For example, someone who uses no assists at all can reach the maximum level possible (let's say 100 for visual example). Someone uses just TC, they can only get to say level 90 and not passed this, someone uses all assists can only get to level 50. 

That way it pushes people to learn no assists AND if you have similar ranked players playing together, means those on non assists will play against those with less or no assists the higher they get and leave those with full assists behind.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

TC makes the acceleration bar which is the green bar around the gear number in the hud, it makes it stutter at the top of the bar, its amplified in replay mode even more, the fact there is no stutter at the top of the bar and the fact I KNOW who they are and they don't use TC proves its no assists. He is fast.

This is the problem people instantly assume someone is fast because of assists even though the game does not tell you what they are using. F1 e sports confirmed assists are slower and the fact no top fast times are set with them is another clue. Also the fanatec pedals with adjustability or the thrustmaster t3pa accelerator mods by simbb etc make accelerator control much easier now, so in game assists are better switched off and bettered by physical pedal assists now

Wrong. The green bar is how much YOU push the pedal, aka how much throttle the USER is giving. TC makes the REV lights stutter, and when exploitet right it doesn't show. But the user is giving full throttle

you know how TC works in real life right? Ever feel your pedal vibrate when TC kicks in? TC is beeing regulated by the engine management by cutting revs. 

When someone uses abs you see the bar go red, full on, even when abs kicks in, do you see the red bar stutter? No because those 2 bars show only the INPUT the user gives. 

Btw, i HAVE t3pa accelerator pedal mod spring, I run load cell brake, I have been testing those bars like you claim myself with and without tc, the only thing these 2 do, is show on screen how far i press my pedal or how much pressure i apply on the brake pedal. 

Go watch youtube vids and compare. Put the two next to eachother, i have... and where this guy goes full green bar, you see others where that bar fills ups gradually. Now why would that bar fill up gradually by league racers and with this guy be full green at the start of the corner. And not 1 corner, EVERY CORNER! When you see vids of league racers attack corners look at the green bar, you see how nice their throttle control is, and during the corner you see the throttle bar filling up slowly until its filled up and full throttle. This vid is full bar at the start of every corner.

Edited by AlexTT
  • Agree 1

In addition to that, when you start to LISTEN and look at what is happening on screen is, in the beginning until the last few corners, you see the green throttle bar beeing full, which means there is throttle INPUT, but you HEAR the revs drops real short and stutter quickly. While the guy is applying FULL throttle...

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 11:59 AM, TomAAA said:

He is NOT using TC in that video. TC is easy to tell because the green acceleration bar 'stutters' when it is at the top during a corner, he is driving without assists actually and I know that player (even tho you don't name him I know him from the friends in that race and his crash helmet and car) and know he does not use TC. You are talking nonsense. 

As for the 'spinning on kerbs' he isn't even near attacking them hard enough in fact he hardly uses them round Australia, you prob think its using them hard because in cockpit view you are taking more of the kerb than you think. Also TC does not make you stable on the kerbs, it is not stability control. Maybe you should look at the fastest times and racers in the world on the boards they are all set without brake and tc assists. They confirmed in the F1 e-sports pro draft last night that using tc and/or abs will make you at least 1.2 seconds slower hence why none of those drivers use it (cue BluntRS aka AScott to moan about t cam)

Sooooo...

euhm Mister @TomAAA???

To get back to your all knowing knowledge about him using No TC because the throttle bar should be "stuttering" right? I am talking nonsense right? I instantly assume things without doing some research right? In short, I was talking bull....

well, take a look at this because I happen to find your buddy again🙈

oh boy... now I'm double right!🤣 let me make 1 thing clear, I am F1 fanatic since day i could **** and ****, I dive into everything technical related, want to understand everything of this sport. So before I start calling things as they are, I have done the research to back it up!

before you start yelling and pointing fingers, be sure that YOU are right yourself because you've been had by the guy "you know so well and even defended"

who looks like a ...... now? WOOPS!

Edited by AlexTT

100% for ranked not allowing assists, including visual aids.

It may make sense to spotlight a certain track in Ranked every day or every few days. A very low % will be able to fully race every single track at the drop of a hat. Or if that's not possible, put in a decent practice session and then qualifying. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

On 7/19/2019 at 5:45 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

Meaning:

Brake Assist = 0% X / $

ABS = 0% X / $

No ABS = 100% X / $

Full TC = 0% X / $

Medium TC = 10% X / $

No TC = 100% X / $

Auto Gears = 0% X / $

Auto ERS = 0% X / $

Manual ERS = 50% X / $

Cockpit Cam = 250% X / $

HUD on = 0% X / $

HUD off = 250% X / $

Sorry if I TL:DRed this, one issue I can see immediately in Hardcore is 50-100% races. People don't have 1-2 hours to wait to potentially join a lobby that most racers will leave afterwards because I want to rest after a 50% league race, let alone go again in a 100%.