Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 Crash With Windows Insider Builds [R2]

Question

The game crashes regardless of API on Windows Insider builds (See current build in image). It crashes everywhere; On load, in customisation menus, in multiplayer, in career mode. Something with insider builds causes crashes. It works fine on my laptop that is on the latest public release of Windows, but my girlfriend's desktop on the insider build causes it to crash

build info.PNG

5 answers to this question

Hi @Cutie_Socks would you be able to try a few things for us (if you haven't already);

• Validating the game files
  • Ensuring all drivers are up-to-date

Failing that, would you be able to send a DXDiag, Hardware Settings, a Crash Dump and the Steam ID to community(at)codemasters(dot)com so that we can investigate this further. Details on how to find and send all of this information can be found HERE.

Thanks! 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cutie_Socks said:

The game crashes regardless of API on Windows Insider builds (See current build in image). It crashes everywhere; On load, in customisation menus, in multiplayer, in career mode. Something with insider builds causes crashes. It works fine on my laptop that is on the latest public release of Windows, but my girlfriend's desktop on the insider build causes it to crash

build info.PNG

52 minutes ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi @Cutie_Socks would you be able to try a few things for us (if you haven't already);

• Validating the game files
  • Ensuring all drivers are up-to-date

Failing that, would you be able to send a DXDiag, Hardware Settings, a Crash Dump and the Steam ID to community(at)codemasters(dot)com so that we can investigate this further. Details on how to find and send all of this information can be found HERE.

Thanks! 

Well, yeah Insider builds are likely to replace drivers with WU inbox versions. @Cutie_Socks you understand Insider builds are alpha (experimental, likely to be unstable or features not fully supported), you'd be better served moving to the Slow Ring and trying 18362.1000 (19H2 or 1909 version / nomenclature). As an Insider myself, I am likely to transition to 19H2 probably in the next 3 weeks or so. 19H2 in Slow (or RP when it happens) is closer to beta and should be significantly more stable (19H1/19H2 will see the game's lifecycle out).

I don't think there should be any major problems with it as for once there is a 'slow' in the 'quick-quick' with Windows versions. 

You have answered your own question in that it is fine on the Public build of 19H1.

Edited by steviejay69
tidied

8 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Well, yeah Insider builds are likely to replace drivers with WU inbox versions. @Cutie_Socks you understand Insider builds are alpha (experimental, likely to be unstable or features not fully supported), you'd be better served moving to the Slow Ring and trying 18362.1000 (19H2 or 1909 version / nomenclature). As an Insider myself, I am likely to transition to 19H2 probably in the next 3 weeks or so. 19H2 in Slow (or RP when it happens) is closer to beta and should be significantly more stable (19H1/19H2 will see the game's lifecycle out).

I don't think there should be any major problems with it as for once there is a 'slow' in the 'quick-quick' with Windows versions. 

You have answered your own question in that it is fine on the Public build of 19H1.

Yeah it was mostly just to make Codies aware and see if they can do anything to stabilise it on insider builds. I know the Insider build is causing the crashes, just wanted to see if anything could be done on mine or on Codies' end to stabilise it on those builds just because I'd rather play it on my girlfriend's desktop than on my laptop (I'm visiting her in the US so don't have access to my own desktop)

21 minutes ago, Cutie_Socks said:

Yeah it was mostly just to make Codies aware and see if they can do anything to stabilise it on insider builds. I know the Insider build is causing the crashes, just wanted to see if anything could be done on mine or on Codies' end to stabilise it on those builds just because I'd rather play it on my girlfriend's desktop than on my laptop (I'm visiting her in the US so don't have access to my own desktop)

Just opt her out of the Insider program claiming you know better. A little backup and restore of files together with a clean 1903 will leave the desktop peachy! 🙂

1 minute ago, steviejay69 said:

Just opt her out of the Insider program claiming you know better. A little backup and restore of files together with a clean 1903 will leave the desktop peachy! 🙂

Nah, she's tech savvy. She wants to be on insider for the system wide dark theme in Windows. Her stuff all works fine, just me when i try to play Forza or F1 causes crashes. I put her on slow as a compromise and we'll see if that helps things. Cheers for your replies and help mate. Gunna send all the diagnostic stuff to Codies in a bit, might help them with stability for future and/or current windows insider updates.

• Agree 1