Jump to content
  • 1

Logitech G29 steering axis alignment problems after F1 2019 1.05 patch

Question

Posted (edited)

Since the 1.05 update my Logitech G29 steering wheel does not center at zero. When wheel is physically centered, game detects a slight steer to the right. Also adds a deadzone to the right. Game detects steering at zero when wheel is physically turned to left.

Pedals work normally.

Assetto Corsa and other games still center wheel properly. Problem is only present in F1 2019 since 1.05 update. 1.04 was working.

I tried reinstalling Logitech Gaming Software, deleting the device from device manager and deleting all related registry keys. Nothing works.

I don't have Project Cars 2 or any other software modifying registry keys. This is default setup.

I'm using Steam version on Windows 10.

Edited by p0rtakal2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1
7 hours ago, p0rtakal2 said:

Since the 1.05 update my Logitech G29 steering wheel does not center at zero. When wheel is physically centered, game detects a slight steer to the right. Also adds a deadzone to the right. Game detects steering at zero when wheel is physically turned to left.

Pedals work normally.

Assetto Corsa and other games still center wheel properly. Problem is only present in F1 2019 since 1.05 update. 1.04 was working.

I tried reinstalling Logitech Gaming Software, deleting the device from device manager and deleting all related registry keys. Nothing works.

I don't have Project Cars 2 or any other software modifying registry keys. This is default setup.

I'm using Steam version on Windows 10.

Have you used G-Hub as it looks as Logitech is rolling LGS function into it? Someone else is having different issues with G920 so I've recommended isolating that as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
1 minute ago, p0rtakal2 said:

I couldn't get G-Hub to detect my peripherals including G29, only recognizes the keyboard. I'm still using LGS.

Great! Thanks for confirming. The other person has G-Hub as well so it's possibly a different issue (game) :classic_biggrin:

So, you've tried all the options I would otherwise suggest (clean LGS and reinstall).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Have you used G-Hub as it looks as Logitech is rolling LGS function into it? Someone else is having different issues with G920 so I've recommended isolating that as well.

I couldn't get G-Hub to detect my peripherals including G29, only recognizes the keyboard. I'm still using LGS.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Great! Thanks for confirming. The other person has G-Hub as well so it's possibly a different issue (game) :classic_biggrin:

So, you've tried all the options I would otherwise suggest (clean LGS and reinstall).

OK, this is weird. I routinely started my PC and connected my wheel just now. Tried F1 2019 just in case. It works. It seemed to solve itself. I guess problems starting with 1.05 patch was just a coincidence. 

Maybe some software is interfering with my controller settings. I'll report back if it happens again or if I find the culprit.

Cheers for your help.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×