Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Race seat + Setup help

Hi guys, 

just looking some technical help. I’m currently using a pad and would like to purchase a wheel. Only problem is the Xbox is in the living room with the tv mounted on the wall. Is there anyway you can recommend to this setup using a wheel ? I don’t have any thing that I could rest the wheel on(no coffee table etc) so I’m a bit stumped and stuck for space around the house as we have 3 kids too lol! 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

2 hours ago, Molucky said:

Hi guys, 

just looking some technical help. I’m currently using a pad and would like to purchase a wheel. Only problem is the Xbox is in the living room with the tv mounted on the wall. Is there anyway you can recommend to this setup using a wheel ? I don’t have any thing that I could rest the wheel on(no coffee table etc) so I’m a bit stumped and stuck for space around the house as we have 3 kids too lol! 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

You could check out a wheelstand pro or something similar to it. Pull up any chair to it and you’ve got a decent setup for your wheel. Easy to move around and you can even fold it up when not using it.

28B0A078-8ACA-4AC2-9789-BF13EC8C9608.jpeg

Hi,

if you go for a cheap wheel with not much force a wheestand is a good way to go and even with a fanatec v2,5 like me there are good stands to use with a normal couch chair( i had the ikea pöjang???dont know and I will check out, what wheelstand i have)...its pretty solid, round about 150€.

But if you like to have a really good solid racing feeling with a fanatec wheel, you can buy the wheelstand and a racing seat seperately. My wheelstand is connected to the seat via screws. So if i dont want to play, i can use the seat to sit and push away the wheeelstand. Both parts are standing on a carpet..so they are easy to push around.

That's a good piece of kit. I've been using the wheelstand pro and an Ikea poang chair in my living room for 9 years now. Moves out of the way easy enough and the chair doubles as extra seating when required.