Sign in to follow this  

AI way too fast in the wet now, post-patch

Well done, Codies. The AI are ridiculous in the wet now.

Before the patch, I was faster than the AI in the wet on the same difficulty as I use in the dry - same as all previous games, but now I need to lower the AI difficulty by 10 just to not be last in the race, after being P10 in qualifying.

The AI pace increase in the wet was supposed to be like 1%, not 20%. It's further from being fixed now than it was pre-patch.

One step forward, 5 steps back with your patches. Not even surprised.

This tweet sums it up :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I agree, 1.04 was far too easy, 1.05 changed it to very difficult. Before, you could easily battle top teams with a midfield car. Now any AI driver is untouchable. Something in between would be nice.

Edited by kubakw

Posted (edited)

Lower the AI%, I know its uncool to run anything less than 100%, but if thier to difficult thats whats needed, leave the ego's at dashboard.

Make a not of % per session per track, the option is thier to adjust in the loading screen, should we have to NO, but thier never gonna get it to a point where everyone is happy.

Edited by BluntRS

1 hour ago, Ho3n3r said:

Well done, Codies. The AI are ridiculous in the wet now.

Before the patch, I was faster than the AI in the wet on the same difficulty as I use in the dry - same as all previous games, but now I need to lower the AI difficulty by 10 just to not be last in the race, after being P10 in qualifying.

The AI pace increase in the wet was supposed to be like 1%, not 20%. It's further from being fixed now than it was pre-patch.

One step forward, 5 steps back with your patches. Not even surprised.

This tweet sums it up :classic_rolleyes:

Not convinced by that tweet, though I need to do tests of my own. The Ferrari is supposed to be a dog in wet conditions, as it's been for the last 4 years, and that time spread also looks a lot like the usual fast forward bug (which has always affected wet sessions more).

Your actual description sounds way more concerning. Which track was it, and what were the conditions? I'm tempted to do a test GP weekend to see for myself later today.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Lower the AI%, I know its uncool to run anything less than 100%, but if thier to difficult thats whats needed, leave the ego's at dashboard.

Make a not of % per session per track, the option is thier to adjust in the loading screen, should we have to NO, but thier never gonna get it to a point where everyone is happy.

That's not a fix, it's a workaround for a game issue that was not present before the patch. It's way too unbalanced now.

You really need to stop making excuses for a game that gets broken by patches.

2 minutes ago, Coffer said:

Not convinced by that tweet, though I need to do tests of my own. The Ferrari is supposed to be a dog in wet conditions, as it's been for the last 4 years, and that time spread also looks a lot like the usual fast forward bug (which has always affected wet sessions more).

Your actual description sounds way more concerning. Which track was it, and what were the conditions? I'm tempted to do a test GP weekend to see for myself later today.

You're not convinced by an official eSports Pro Draft-picked racer that's 3 seconds off his teammate after the patch? Curious to know why that is, I think they're a pretty good yardstick as they're the fastest players on this game.

Anyway, I tested it at Spain, luckily pre and post patch, because I was preparing to do my Spain career mode race, for which I do a practice race, and then after the patch did my race weekend and got to the wet race and I was falling back like a rock, so I tested it in GP mode again and I was way too slow in the wet. I will try to make a video tonight.

If you wanna test it in GP mode: select light rain at Spain, 100% race, no assists (not saying that you're using any, just in case), and use the same difficulty as in the dry (I use 104%, if that makes any difference).

They definitely were too slow pre-patch as I was catching Mercs in my Alfa, but it was still closer to realistic pace than post-patch.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

It's not a solution to alter the difficulty level every session according to weather. What if the conditions change during a race or qualy? AI level should be balanced on wet and dry. We'll never get to a point where everyone is happy, because every player has diffrent skill on wet track, but the difficulty should be more or less balanced. Now the balance was lost and we believe it requires some fine tuning. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

You're not convinced by an official eSports Pro Draft-picked racer that's 3 seconds off his teammate after the patch? Curious to know why that is, I think they're a pretty good yardstick as they're the fastest players on this game.

Yep, for the reasons I listed, namely that it's qualifying (which has plenty of bugs tied to it, especially the fake time bug which gets worse the faster the cars are), it's raining (which amplifies said bug), and it's Bahrain (notoriously bad with regards to the AI's qualifying pace). Him driving the Ferrari makes me doubly curious as the Ferrari is not exactly intended to be a good car in wet conditions, and it may well be that it's a dog now post-patch (and these things rarely affect the AI due to its simplified physics, especially those with higher stats like Vettel). Evo also says it's track-specific, with Spa supposedly being fine.

18 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Anyway, I tested it at Spain, luckily pre and post patch, because I was preparing to do my Spain career mode race, for which I do a practice race, and then after the patch did my race weekend and got to the wet race and I was falling back like a rock, so I tested it in GP mode again and I was way too slow in the wet. I will try to make a video tonight.

If you wanna test it in GP mode: select light rain at Spain, 100% race, no assists (not saying that you're using any, just in case), and use the same difficulty as in the dry (I use 104%, if that makes any difference).

They definitely were too slow pre-patch as I was catching Mercs in my Alfa, but it was still closer to realistic pace than post-patch.

Did you monitor where they were gaining time? If it's the fast corners, particularly turn 3, then that's easily enough explained by the simplified physics as Bahrain and Spain are the absolute worst tracks in the game in that regard, but then even with most cars being massively buffed downforce-wise this patch I don't see why this would make the AI that much more ridiculous in those corners, and pre-patch it was the traction zones where it struggled. If it is indeed the traction zones where they blow away the player then yeah, they've definitely overbuffed the AI.

If you do make a video, try to use this mod and keep an eye on the AI, or find some other way to keep track of the AI's telemetry in the race, especially relative to your own. I'd also try a few more tracks to rule out a few of the things I mentioned, specifically Spa like Evo did.

Edited by Coffer

Just finished a race in Light rain conditions at Silverstone on my career mode on 107%, I was pretty much matching the AI and I'm no master in the wet either think I'll test them at a few other tracks.

13 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

That's not a fix, it's a workaround for a game issue that was not present before the patch. It's way too unbalanced now.

You really need to stop making excuses for a game that gets broken by patches.

Thats a sensible suggestion for a Beep situation, thats been in the game since like EVER!

I think youll find am one who is the least likely to make excuses for this game, F1 2019 pre patch or post patch is the worst beep realise in the beep history of F1 series, its beep disgusting,

But if you think Codemasters will ever fix it, keep thinking, but wilst theirs a option to adjust AI in the loading menu between sessions, thats currently the only way I know, why do you think they put it thier for, causes the issue only revealed itself post patch 5 in F1 2019 ?, or they planned on fixing the issue ?,

FYI You really need to take posts are thier ment, also add me to your ignore list.

15 minutes ago, kubakw said:

It's not a solution to alter the difficulty level every session according to weather. What if the conditions change during a race or qualy? AI level should be balanced on wet and dry. We'll never get to a point where everyone is happy, because every player has diffrent skill on wet track, but the difficulty should be more or less balanced. Now the balance was lost and we believe it requires some fine tuning. 

Ok wait for Code ? to fine tune it, makes no difference to me, am racing on Patch 1.04 cause am a dumb ass.

5 minutes ago, SpeedMachine12 said:

Just finished a race in Light rain conditions at Silverstone on my career mode on 107%, I was pretty much matching the AI and I'm no master in the wet either think I'll test them at a few other tracks.

France might be a good one to test. Evo says Vettel was a whopping 1.4s/lap faster in sector 3 alone, which might give us a clue.

Posted (edited)

Finished a race in Hungary. Conditions changed from dry to light, than heavy rain. On that track AI was perfect balanced. I could always hold my position.

Difficulty was 85 or 90, MC Laren team, im on pc with fanatec wheel and pedals, patch 1.05

Today drove Spaa, quali1 dry, 5th.....quali2, medium rain position 4th.  Diff. was 85.

Probably big differences in tracks. Think that was the problem in this series all the years...

PS: using no assists

Edited by Herbertsaupe
forgot something

You can't use 1 tweet with a pic not knowing if the track was getting wetter/drier etc, as your evidence to conclude AI are too fast in the wet... Play a full season, experience wet weather on different tracks then come back to say AI are too fast... 

no, AI are perfectly balanced now on wet, on patch 1.04 i´m 4 seconds faster than leader, but now i´m on same second, maybe you need improve your performance on wet

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, ThunderCats101 said:

You can't use 1 tweet with a pic not knowing if the track was getting wetter/drier etc, as your evidence to conclude AI are too fast in the wet... Play a full season, experience wet weather on different tracks then come back to say AI are too fast... 

You can just look in the replies for context. Turns out it's different from track to track, with some like Spa seemingly being fine and others like France having drivers be 1.5s/lap faster in a single sector.

Back in 2017 I had this weird bug where the AIs would have crazy grip in wet conditions, pretty much equivalent to being a full step closer to full dry than the player (player = wet -> AI = inters ; player = inters -> AI = dry). If it turns out that this bug isn't even consistent on the same track then I have a feeling something akin to this bug may have made a comeback.

Edited by Coffer
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Singapore is by far the biggest offender, @104 difficulty I went from matching teammate pace in the dry to actually being lapped by the leader in a full wet race 50%. About 3 seconds per lap slower than teammate and I'm pretty fast in the wet usually, It's horribly broken on that track, we'll see on others...

Edited by kraM1t

I had pole in Spain and even though lap after lap kept setting a best lap time scraped into 9th in the rain.  Safety car deployed that spared losing even more finishing positions. 

This was unlike China which had rain but was pre update.  Dry races I’m on the podium. Wet race in Spain the AI are unrelenting. 

Um yeah the AI has a bit more issues than that... Catalunya

F1® 2019 (11).jpg

• Haha 1